Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-29-2005, 12:58 PM   #1  

Default Help! I'm going UP and I don't know why.

I know alot of you may remember me from before... But I'm still having thesame problem and I need to find out if anybody else knows, or understands what I'm going through. I'm really upset...
I have been lifetime since 8/04 this is my 1 year at goal this month. I decided a while ago to track my weight daily just to get an idea of my regular ups and downs and see if there was a pattern. I felt comfortable I was anywhere between 118-121. No problem... Then a few months later I notice... hmm my weight now is between 119-122 , hmm one pound, who cares.... then next fews months now I am at 120-124. Staying around 123. Now I'm two lbs heavier. I know this shouldn't matter but what happens in 5 months or a year, am I then up 5 lbs or 10? I am very diligent and am on 22 points. normally I have 1 to 2 points left at the end of a day. So really I'm only eating 20 points. I should be losing. I weight and measure everything.
My husbands says I'm too dilgent and if I gave my body something different I'm probably see a change. I have noticed, After I eat out, I do kinds see a drop, sometimes.
I was checking out the Wendie plan to see if that might help me, anybody have this happen??? My husband thinks I'm crazy going crazy over 2 lbs, but when you know you are doing your best and its not working you start to wonder.
Help!
Cyndie
cbeckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 01:54 PM   #2  
Mel

I'm really not familiar with WW plans since the mid-80's so I'm probably not the best one to give you a specific answer, but to me the obvious answer is that you are eating more or moving less than you were and need to be to maintain. You may be staying within your points, but are you always choosing the leanest, healthiest choices for those points? Are you exercising and if you are, are you doing as much or as intensely as you were previously? Are you getting a little complacent and not counting the licks, bites and tastes during the day?

Maybe you do just need a change- try a new activity. If you always walk, try bicycling. If you aways use an elliptical, try a treadmill. Do some weight training. Try some new recipes. Try cycling your calories, which is basically what the "Wendy plan" does.

You might want to try looking at what your points are composed of. Are you staying within your points but eating more junk?

Mel

If
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:02 PM   #3  

Default Weight worries

Hi Cyndie:

I think you need to add some food to your diet, slowly. Your body is very used to the same fuel each day and you need to shake things up a bit. Also 20 points a day is not maintence. You should be having at least 24 and some flex points. Take it slow and stop subtracting from your food plan and add back a little at a time. You are doing great and I understand your fustration and concern. This has happened to me and a little shake up really helps. I now use a point range of 20-25 points a day to lose and about 22-29 to maintain. I try to keep my body guessing just a little bit.
Reg4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Mel's post about exercise made me go back and read your post a couple of times. I don't really see any reference to activity. So just skip my post if that's not the problem area.
I have small problem with the diligence required for an effective workout ... sometimes. I can convince myself that I have indeed worked out for 25 or 30 minutes when I haven't tried hard, I'm not sweating, I haven't lifted a little heavier weight, I haven't watched my form. I've gone through the motions but half-heartedly.
Again ... if that's not you. Nevermind. Just know it applies to me for certain.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:16 PM   #5  
Meg

I don't think your crazy at all worrying about two pounds. We all know how easy it is for those two pounds to find two more, and two more, and pretty soon 2+2+2+2 = Big Trouble.

Perhaps the place to focus is on exercise, not food. You really can't cut your calories (points) any more, so how about increasing the length and/or intensity of your exercise? Can you tell us what you do now and how often?

Studies from the National Weight Control Registry have discovered that maintainers average an hour of exercise per day. Is there room for improvement there for you or are you pretty much doing that much already?

Just a thought ...
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:27 PM   #6  

I do Jazzerize 2 times a week and walk 30 min on the treadmill the other days, I normally take a day off friday night and don't walk. This week I was alittle lacks,
Has anyboday tried the Wendie plan? Seems to make sense, I've been wating the same number of points and foods for the last year, do you think I stuck in that?
like I said when I eat out I seemd to do better? hmm
Old 08-29-2005, 02:47 PM   #7  
Meg

It certainly can't hurt to try, right? There may be members over in the WW forums who are familiar with the Wendie plan and who can give you more feedback.

Would you consider increasing your exercise and maybe adding in some weight training?

Be sure to report back and let us know how you do!

PS -- I'm going to be in Orlando this weekend for DS's graduation and am betting that it's HOT!!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 08:04 AM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

My first thoughts on your post, cbeckett , is that you need to intensify or change up your workouts . I would highly recommend weight training and core workouts. Zig-zagging your food plan is a very good idea too, specially if you have been eating the same points/calories for the last year. Shock your body a bit !!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 12:20 PM   #9  

Yes, its hot and rainy.
Thanks so much for your input
cyndie