Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-11-2005, 04:52 AM   #61  

Hi Silverbirch, Waterrat,

I am persevering even though the scales show UP not down ! This can be so frustrating !! Also the pantsometer feels thight. I have no idea what goes wrong but something does.

Oh well, I am still sticking it because if i let go of myself i willbe in much more trouble food wise.

Today excercise was about 1.h 20 mins jog. I can only time approximately because they were working on the elctricity maintenance oin the street so power was out for some time. AND I resolve AGAIN to keep the food good.

Waterrat : Good for you to have a vacation ! When are you planning to go ?
Silverbirch: Is the rebounder OK for your leg ??

rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 02:50 PM   #62  
Working My Way Back Down

Hi Rabbit, we're leaving on next Thursday, the 21st. I'm very excited - and needing a true vacation. We went to visit family in January, but that was not even a change of weather! And not entirely relaxing either. My only concern on this trip is to keep my food intake under control. I know we'll be walking a lot, and I'm thinking of taking our resistance bands so the exercise part will be okay.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 07:58 PM   #63  

Default The after school danger zone

So I've noticed some trouble getting home from work (c.4 p.m.)--this was exactly the pattern that caused my weight gain last spring. I don't eat enough during the day, get home very hungry, eat quite a lot and then eat a dinner as well.

Today I ate a substantial breakfast (oatmeal with skim and walnuts), canned beans with vinaigrette and scallions for lunch, some hummus and crackers for snack, broiled bluefish for dinner. So that seemed to work out well and I'm certainly done eating for the day.

Tomorrow I can take leftover fish for lunch. I'll eat something at work before I start the afternoon errands and see if that helps.

My weight is up a bit but I'm still within my WW lifetime range (entering 6th month as lifetime!).

Take care--
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:52 PM   #64  
Ilene the Bean

Elana -- I know for myself that when I eat every 2.5 to 4 hours I don't get home ravenous and devour 4 dinners as I'm making it... I will often eat at 4PM some CC and a strawberries, make supper and eat a smallish supper because I'm not that hungry at 5:30 or 6... In my mind it's better to eat something planned than wait too long and devour everything in sight...

Today I had a very good food day... I did window washing cardio ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:59 PM   #65  
Meg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene
In my mind it's better to eat something planned than wait too long and devour everything in sight...
Amen, Sistah! Too bad I've had to learn that lesson so many times already .. shoulda just listened to Ilene!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:17 PM   #66  
Ilene the Bean

Meg -- I sometimes don't even listen to myself
Old 04-11-2005, 09:21 PM   #67  
Meg

Well, you should - that Ilene's one smart , you know!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:32 PM   #68  
Ilene the Bean

Old 04-12-2005, 05:00 AM   #69  

hi all,

Ilene, Mea, Elana, I know what you meanming trap. I ususally fail by eating breakfast late, lunch late and then fall in a trap because I am starving at 5 pm and it is still 2 hours to dinner. So now I do plan and eat snacks so I won't eat to much at dinner, but it is still the most difficult part of it all. I eat the same as the rest of the family, and I tend to eat too much at dinner because I like it so well.

Food was Ok yesterday. Hope today will be OK as well. Cardio: 15 mins row, 30 mins jog, 15 mins bike. Also LBW.

Have a great day,
rabbit
Old 04-12-2005, 07:39 AM   #70  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

WaterRat - we're in North Wales, in Snowdonia, just above the Menai Strait. Relax! The snow was only on the tops, it's all gone now and the weather is lovely. In early May it will be glorious. The bluebells will be shimmering and the larks will be singing. You will be able to see for miles. And you will be able to walk for miles. Hope you have a great time! Do PM me if you need any local info.

Rabbit - no, I suppose the rebounder isn't very good for my leg really. I'm not jumping up and down though, I'm just bouncing gently, keeping both feet on it. I'm trying to build myself up!

Food - poor is the best word for it. Could be much, much worse but I don't suppose I'm losing any weight at present. I'm just marking time, and that's fine for the moment.

Last edited by silverbirch; 04-12-2005 at 08:50 AM.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 07:49 AM   #71  

Hi all,

Still sticking to plan, and still no budge in the scales.

Silverbirch- I believe the expression is you are "threading weight" like in swimming you are "treading water". In itself I think it a major achievement since you are limited in your excercise.
Keep it up !
rabbit
Old 04-13-2005, 08:46 AM   #72  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks, Rabbit! You know, one day soon those scales of yours are going to give you a big surprise! A good one. Stick at it and you'll see. Hope you had a good celebratory day with DH.

I'm just back from the gymn (chest and triceps). No room to do floor exercises because they've added another elliptical trainer. And with 3 other people (and 3 carers standing around with them) there was no floor! I'll try to find some space at home later on - and that will be a challenge all of its own.

Food was poor yesterday. OK so far today as there has been much less stress. (There's still time though!) I'm wondering whether I should eat (good stuff) every two hours (rather than every 2.5 or 3) to stop myself nibbling when I get home. I can't really take the MrsJim approach and just not be at home.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:19 PM   #73  
Ilene the Bean

Silver -- Definitely eat every 2 hours !! Some days I am so ravenous that's what I do and as the day wears on the time inbetween meals seems to get longer so that by the end of the day I'm at almost 4 hours... plus I can make it through the evening...

Today no exercise but food was spot on...
Old 04-13-2005, 06:39 PM   #74  
Mel

Quote:
I can't really take the MrsJim approach and just not be at home.

Wouldn't that be nice, sometimes, though? I'd definitely go for eating better more frequently, Silverbirch, than nibbling. Nibbling has a way of getting out of hand and careless. I hope you are feeling better, and the stress levels are down a bit.

Food and workouts have been spot on here for 6 days. Fridays seem to be my downfall but this weekend I won't have a chance to play "poor little me, left all alone". DH is staying in here, not playing hockey all Saturday evening and night, so I have no excuses. LOL, unless we actually GO OUT somewhere!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 05:16 AM   #75  

Hi all,

WOW Mel,maybe you could go out for skating or something, that would not be risky would it ?

I splurged yesterday on celebrating DH birthday, but will try again foodwise today. Excercise is OK, and pantsometer is maybe slightly less tight than the last time.

rabbit