Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 03-19-2005, 10:06 AM   #1  

Default Anyone else gone through this?

I told of my weight loss story in the intro thread. I made my goal again when my baby was 3 months. However, ever since then I've had an extremely hard time maintaining. I have started binge eating, something I have never done in my entire life until now. I have mild depression certain times of the month. I looked back and tried to figure out what was different before and after my pregnancy that could be causing me to have all this trouble maintaining now.

The number one thing that leaped out at me was that at my 6 week postpartum checkup with ds I had the Mirena IUD put in. I did some research and have decided to have it removed but I could not get in to the doc until 4/13.

I think the IUD is only part of the story though. The other part is I just don't have as much time to workout as I did before. When I was losing I worked out 5x/week and rarely, if ever, let anything get in the way of that. When maintaining before ds it went to 4x/wk since dd#2 had gymnastics once a week during the time I usually worked out. I did exercise as much as possible throughout my pregnancy and I know that helped keep my weight gain down.

These days I'm lucky if I can get a workout in twice a week. Part of me also realizes that I'm using the "it's the IUDs fault" excuse for overeating until I can get it removed.

Now, all that being said my goal is 115 and I've been staying between 120-122. I haven't let myself go *too* badly, but it's enough that I do not like it!

Can anyone relate? Any BTDT stories to share??
Thanks!
Cory
Cory S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 05:12 AM   #2  
Meg

Hi Cory! Welcome to Maintainers! I read your story on the Introductions thread and big congratulations for your weight loss and maintenance, especially through a pregnancy. That's quite a feat!

I don't have any experience at all with IUDs, so can't help you there - sorry. The 'no time to workout' problem is a lot more common, though - I remember how hard it is to find time for a shower when you have little ones, let alone exercise. The only suggestions I have are to exercise at home (I don't know if you were going to a gym or not) and use weekends and times that your DH is home and can watch the kids for a little 'me' time.

But as you point out, you're not far off from your comfortable maintenance range, so good for you for not letting things get out of control.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote