Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-04-2005, 04:17 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Why new clothes of course, Meg! And fancy runners and nice smelling body stuff .....
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 04:22 PM   #32  
Meg

All that sounds SO much lovelier than cigarettes. Has it been hard for you? Is it getting easier every day?
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 05:24 PM   #33  

Honest? It's awful! And I've screwed up several times over the last month or so but .... I learned some really valuable things while losing weight. Life lessons that are proving to be absolutely worth their weight in gold! ... never give up ... a slip is just a slip ... no one little thing I do today can mess up EVERYTHING.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:31 AM   #34  

Good morning and happy Saturday! Thanks again, girls, for your well wishes. My youngest has Chicken Pox now, too, BUT can't really complain too much about it. Since both boys were vaccinated, their cases are extremely mild. Eldest got about 17 bumps and little one has only about 7. I'll probably have to live in my cave for another week or so, but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!

Dropped another pound this week (woohoo!!!) so that makes 11 out of my 16 gone! Five more pounds will get me to the top of my maintenance range and, once I reach it, I'm going to work to get into the low to middle part of my range.

Regarding calorie counting, I'm currently doing the Weight Watchers point thing and I've found that I come in way under my minimum of 1200 calories even when I hit my points target. Now, I just count both to make sure that all the numbers look right. I'm planning to continue to do that while I'm in losing mode (which seems to be most of the time).

Congrats Susan on quitting the cigs! My sister quit for four years, recently visited relatives who smoke, picked it up again and is now trying to quit. Well, she's not really trying - she has the patches, but hasn't quite gotten to the actual step of putting them on. It seems to be a battle that never ends - much like weight management. Good luck!!!
karynlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 02:50 PM   #35  

Hi all:

Nice warm weather in NY today, so a nice outdoor walk is in order.
Interesting response to the binge thread. Learned some new ideas and possible solutions. Scale is stuck, but I am continuing my exercise and losing calories.
Question: Why doesn't the scale ever get stuck at a low number. (LOL) No I see the low number for about 2 minutes and poof its gone.
New contacts need adjustment, but I am enjoying my new look.
Hope the chicken pox are better Karynlee, you are doing great with the weight loss,keep doing what is working.
Great going on the non smoking Susan. Once I quit I was afraid to ever have another smoke because I would need to quit all over again.
Reg4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 03:23 PM   #36  

... never give up ... a slip is just a slip ... no one little thing I do today can mess up EVERYTHING.

Thanks for reminding me SusanB, that should really be dubbed the “Platinum Rule of Maintenance”, Smoking or Weight loss. Keep up the good work, I read your post to my husband; he quit smoking for 5 years and started back up again. Kind of like a dieter regaining everything they worked so hard to loose. Since we’ve been married (5 years next week) I haven’t encouraged him to smoke in the house. Never said he couldn’t but never encouraged him to start either, just so if he ever decides to quit it won’t be so hard to be sitting and watching TV. When we were dating he use to smoke a LOT while he watched TV, so I know he is at least smoking less now.

Keep up the good work.
EofAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 07:12 PM   #37  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
... never give up ... a slip is just a slip ... no one little thing I do today can mess up EVERYTHING.
Some quotes are KEEPERS that's for sure ...

Anne -- Take lots of naps now AND when the baby is born... if there is one word of advise for new moms that I give is this, NAP when the baby NAPS and forget the housework ... For my first one I wanted to be super mom, well I paid the price and got the post-partum blues, cry, cry, cry, couldn't concentrate, etc... all because of lack of sleep!! When the 2nd one came along I slept, whenever, wherever, and I was fine!! Funny how lack of sleep will SCREW you up, whether it be because of babies or food... Funny how food always gets in the picture!!

4rabbit -- Oh that dang fitday sure is an eye opener isn't it?? I thought I had done pretty good today, but when I counted it all out it's way too high to even have a Saturday night treat ! OYE ...

SusanB -- congrats on the NO !! You'll be able to run better and you'll smell like a

Silver and Karyn -- on the scale movin'!!

Today I went to run but the first 30 minutes were excruciatingly difficult for some reason... I got better the second half, thank goodness!! Food has been ok, but just ok...

Last edited by Ilene; 02-05-2005 at 07:17 PM.
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 02:34 PM   #38  

I believe that no one is here today! It is glorious outside. I went for my old fashioned 3 mile walk ( with a bit of running It was awesome!

Y'all are really wonderful and I thank you for your support!
Eat well and move happy!