Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-03-2004, 04:49 PM   #16  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJim
Jiff - I was going to post but all the 'good' reasons have been tooken! Darn!
C'mon, surely you have more to add???? I read your posts all over the place -- you've got to have some personal perspective to impart?? *nudge*
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 07:28 PM   #17  
Running Babe

Another one: To maintain is a goal itself... it's a tough one. It's accepting that you cannot go back to old habits, it's about picking yourself up after a bad day/week/month/year.. The good habits from weight loss such as planning meals/splurges/workouts still apply.

Cheers!

Ali
Sweater Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 11:25 AM   #18  
Head Princess

I've learned that there is no "diet" that works. To be successful, you must be committed to a lifelong change.

I've also learned that no matter how you look, someone will complain about it. Thus, the importance of the words "bite me".
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 11:43 AM   #19  
Meg

Quote:
I've also learned that no matter how you look, someone will complain about it. Thus, the importance of the words "bite me".

There's a corollary to that ... no matter how successful you are at losing the weight, someone will feel the need to tell you that you've done it ALL WRONG!

I mean, seriously, I've lost (and kept off) more than 120 pounds and (usually overweight) people will earnestly and sincerely tell me that what I do isn't healthy and "won't work" (according to the latest diet du jour). C'mon, people, reality check!

I'm going to adopt your "bite me" as my new response!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 11:52 AM   #20  
Head Princess

Amen to that, Meg!

I actually said that to a really good friend of mine one time as she was lecturing me on my weight loss. She just blinked at me and said "too many calories"
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 05:59 PM   #21  
Rattie Lover

I get the same thing too.. Pfooey on them!! They can eat flies for all I care.

I think there is a bit of jealousy there to be honest with ya...It's silly because they can do the same thing we did... Doesn't make sense.
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 08:51 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg

There's a corollary to that ... no matter how successful you are at losing the weight, someone will feel the need to tell you that you've done it ALL WRONG!

I mean, seriously, I've lost (and kept off) more than 120 pounds and (usually overweight) people will earnestly and sincerely tell me that what I do isn't healthy and "won't work"
oh. that is so true. My editor at work is the 'world's bigget expert on everything', especially healthy eating (this being the man who eats a pastie, sandwhich, bag of crisps and a chocolate bar for his lunch every day)

The other day I had a green salad and bag of low fat crisps for my lunch, and I got a lecture about how ALL low fat things were bad for you.

Now I had closely examined the nutritional content of these crisps, and they are the lowest you can get in fat/sodium/carbs/calories. And they were a damn Friday lunch treat.

As he is my boss, I just firmly said 'these are fine' but I wanted to get in his face and shout 'I've lost 51 pounds since March, I think I can make a decision about if these crisps are ok'

Arrrrgh, I wouldnt mind, but my boyfriend is a trained food scientist, so if I need advice, I get it from him as it's what he does for a living.

Phew, I needed that rant (sorry!)
Katey78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 10:38 AM   #23  
Meg

Oh, go on and rant, Katey! Where else will you find a group of people who understand exactly how you feel? Especially when it's your boss!!

And congratulations on the 51 pounds lost!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote