Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-15-2018, 08:25 AM   #61  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

154.8 this morning. Went over my calorie budget yesterday but not by too much (~150 cals). I went running outside at lunch since it was nice and warm, but for some reason my knees are super sore (weird, this doesn't usually happen to me). Maybe because I neglected to stretch afterwards?

The fan on my new laptop is broken and after spending like an hour with tech support they told me that my warranty covers fixing the fan . . . but not shipping the laptop to them for the fix or having someone come out for the fix. So stupid. Anyway they're sending someone to my house to fix it on Monday. We're also getting our new sofa delivered today! It will be nice to not have lumpy cushions and worn-down arms anymore, plus more room to stretch out and fit the whole family.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:47 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Good job, Jessica! Keep up the good work! What a scam the laptop warranty is. Don't they have a local place that does warranty repair for them where you could take it in? I am going to remember to check that next time I buy computer equipment.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:53 AM   #63  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

On the Friday morning before a three-day weekend, my company's first U.S. holiday since New Year's, I'm at 161.

I missed the gym one day altogether. (I am dreadfully late for it this morning.) I ran out of food and ate salad with protein on top for dinner for the past two nights.

I have just five meetings today. I will be grateful for logging off tonight.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:15 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

I've cut back my caffeine consumption since I've been off work - Jan 31 was the day that all started. I am drinking diet pop instead of the more caffeinated coffee and tea. Next week I'm going to wean myself off the pop again as it's causing me to crave sweets in the evening.

Two more medical appointments today. At least I'm getting all of my health stuff for this year out of the way.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:49 AM   #65  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Alice, I asked if there was a local place I could bring it and they said no. Sigh.

154.6 this morning after some indulgence yesterday. The guy who hired me on at this company is retiring after 25 years, and there was a retirement celebration catered by Olive Garden, plus cake. I did a good job of limiting my portions, but even small portions add up and I ended the day at 1550 cals or so (target was 1250) and I had to miss my workout because the celebration was over lunch.

Today I'm planning to stay 100% on track. Tomorrow we're dropping the kids off at the grandparents' house and DH and I are going to have a date day/night. The tentative plan is to go to a traditional british tea room for high tea in the early afternoon and then go see Black Panther.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:23 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Have fun Jessica!

Saef-- glad you have a 3 day weekend. Hope you find some time for yourself!

I also have a 3 day weekend, but hubby is gone so I'll be flying solo....

I'm very sore today in multiple places. Yesterday was leg day and my quads and one knee are sore, plus one shoulder. I'm hoping things loosen up as the day progresses.

My older daughter got unexpected news yesterday about her job which left her quite distraught. She never does well with change, and has issues with anxiety. I talked to her and am hoping she doesn't spiral.... All will be fine in the end, but it was a change she wasn't expecting. Basically, she started a new program at her school this year (her dream job)-- which is a severe autism class. The district decided to consolidate the classes and eliminated it at her campus. So she has to decide whether to leave her campus (which she really doesn't want to do), or find another job at her campus (which she is leaning towards but wasn't at all what she had hoped for). She has so many changes happening as she is planning her wedding, both she and her fiance are planning on selling their homes and buying one together, etc.....
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 06:52 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Michele, sorry to hear about your DD's upset. I know how hard it is for us not to fret on their behalf. My daughter is stressing out over one of her classes (Gross Anatomy, for PT).

Jessica, congrats on your recent progress. Hope you had a fun date night!

Saef, glad you have a chance to unwind a bit over the long weekend. I do wish your job could be less stressful.

Dagmar, have you ever tried rooibos? If you like tea but want to cut down on caffeine, it's a great choice. I think it tastes a lot like black tea without the tanins.

Yesterday, I was down to 130.3, but still above my current red line. I'm not stepping on the scale today bc we celebrated my daughter's white coat ceremony at a Brazilian BBQ last night, so I'm going to let things settle down before I peek at the number again.

I finally got my blood draw yesterday and the results are already back. My LDL is down a whopping 42% and is now in the normal range! My HDL was also up a bit (from 60 to 67) and as a result, relative risk ratio plummeted from 1.1 to < 0.25.

I am eating the same sorts of food for dinner (in fact, I've had more saturated fat than usual lately due to lamb coming into season). But, I've been eating more carbs, eating 3xday, and trying to keep my weight steady. I've made several other minor tweaks and it would be good to know which changes had an effect but I guess I won't ever know.

I do plan to keep those tweaks but go back to IF to lose a few pounds. I'll see how things go and maybe I will pay for an advanced lipid panel to get more insight after that.

Last edited by yoyoma; 02-17-2018 at 06:57 AM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:40 AM   #68  
Girl Gone Strong

Saturday morning at 160.4.

I started yesterday feeling as if work was under control, and that I had a good to-do list of meetings that would advance several projects. I could see myself sliding into the long weekend with my mind relatively clear.

But then there was an explosive email in my inbox. The Group Vice President whose research team I'm supporting, with whom I thought I had a great relationship, wrote an angry and demanding email. The cause of his anger is my manager, really. He's transferring some money to our department and wants to know what he's getting in return. My manager isn't planning to give him much of anything -- she's pooling the money for other stuff. But my manager turned this around & attributed his anger to a failure on my part. It's because I'm not being transparent enough & I haven't updated the GVP on my plans recently. She directed all her fear and guilt into anger at me. So now I've got to present to this research team next week, and I have to write up the presentation, some of it over the weekend.

So I've got the anxiety of that writeup and the disapproval of superiors hanging over me, just when I thought my head would be fairly clear.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:04 PM   #69  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Saturday, 2/17. Weight is 135 even this morning. I also think I've undergone some negative recompositioning as I am exercising less often and less intensely. Since most of my clothes were purchased when I was between 122 and 127, a lot of waistbands are now hard-to-impossible to button, and my boobs are straining against fabric on many shirts. Today I signed up for a 3 month trial of BeachBody on Demand, and will use their old-fashioned portion control algorithm (essentially identical to the old Weight Watchers exchange program) to coax myself back to adhering to the needed ~1300 cal/day that it takes for me to lose. Their food plan alone would not be worth the price (and their proprietary protein shakes and supplements are a scam I intend to avoid entirely), but I'm very bored with my weight training/cardio/yoga routines and the group classes at my gym are never at times I can attend. Thanks to Michele's assurances that the 80 Day Obsession workouts aren't going to kill me (I can't do HIIT without feeling like I'm either going to die, or kill myself to avoid doing another minute of it), I will start off using those.

Saef, "just 5 meetings?" Ugh. So sorry your day sucked that much. If it means anything, I am also stuck doing some work this weekend. Generally, I spend weekdays addressing a host of small tasks that need face-to-face communication or require responses urgently, and the weekend is for making progress on larger projects, typically writing-based. I imagine your job must be similar, though I don't have such a stress-inducing boss.

Michele, if your daughter is selling her home and moving anyway, this would be a perfect moment for her to relocate to a new campus in order to pursue her preferred type of teaching. Does she not see it that way?

Have a great weekend everyone.

Last edited by neurodoc; 02-17-2018 at 08:35 PM.
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 12:56 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurodoc View Post
Saturday, 2/17. Weight is 135 even this morning. I also think I've undergone some negative recompositioning as I am exercising less often and less intensely. Since most of my clothes were purchased when I was between 122 and 127, a lot of waistbands are now hard-to-impossible to button, and my boobs are straining against fabric on many shirts. Today I signed up for a 3 month trial of BeachBody on Demand, and will use their old-fashioned portion control algorithm (essentially identical to the old Weight Watchers exchange program) to coax myself back to adhering to the needed ~1300 cal/day that it takes for me to lose. Their food plan alone would not be worth the price (and their proprietary protein shakes and supplements are a scam I intend to avoid entirely), but I'm very bored with my weight training/cardio/yoga routines and the group classes at my gym are never at times I can attend. Thanks to Michele's assurances that the 80 Day Obsession workouts aren't going to kill me (I can't do HIIT without feeling like I'm either going to die, or kill myself to avoid doing another minute of it), I will start off using those.

Saef, "just 5 meetings?" Ugh. So sorry your day sucked that much. If it means anything, I am also stuck doing some work this weekend. Generally, I spend weekdays addressing a host of small tasks that need face-to-face communication or require responses urgently, and the weekend is for making progress on larger projects, typically writing-based. I imagine your job must be similar, though I don't have such a stress-inducing boss.

Michele, if your daughter is selling her home and moving anyway, this would be a perfect moment for her to relocate to a new campus in order to pursue her preferred type of teaching. Does she not see it that way?

Have a great weekend everyone.
I’m excited to see what you think about BOD programs! 80 Day is pretty intense to start with. My younger dd just started and she’s starting with 21 day fix workouts.

My dd would prefer to stay at her school as her admin is great and she has support which might not be the case elsewhere. Her plan is to get married and likely have kids fairly soon thereafter. She’s thinking she will stay at home with her kids so she isn’t sure she wants to move for just a couple years.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:24 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Trying to quickly catch up with y'all this morning. I'm back from my cruise where I made my step goal only half the time (sea days where we walked outside on the jogging track mostly). I'm quite happy to report no gain. No loss either, but I'm fine with that. I did eat quite sensibly--fruit and yogurt or oatmeal for breakfast, salad or half a burger for lunch. Their dinner portions were not large, so that helped a lot. I did not forego dessert or drinks. Next is my golf trip and then it is serious diet time until I lose this extra weight.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:22 AM   #72  

Had my first real walk (since my accident) with Trixie this morning. We're both happy campers!

I'm going back to work tomorrow - a "lite" version of my usual routine. Visits/potty breaks with 3 different households. It'll be a real relief to have some income again and to be out there but not as intensely as my regular work week. That will start up on Feb. 26.

I'm having very mixed emotions about going back to work but I can't avoid it - unless I win the lottery!

Dagmar
Old 02-20-2018, 05:55 AM   #73  
Girl Gone Strong

Tuesday morning at 161.4.

Need to face that GVP in a meeting at 10 AM. It's not nominally about services for his team, so I expect him to be stiffly cordial. I still have to write the preso to deliver on Thursday in front of that critical research team. I didn't do it over the three-day weekend. I didn't work over the weekend, just did the usual life stuff -- grocery shopping, cooking, laundry, dishwashing, taking the car in for an oil change, getting gas, sending out papers to my accountant, etc. Also saw a play with a great actor, Mark Rylance, called "Farinelli and the King."

I'll be sorry I didn't work, too, but it felt like I worked because I was sad over work & dreading the return all weekend.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:24 AM   #74  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

I've been a HUGE fan of Sir Mark Rylance ever since Wolf Hall. Then we got to see him in the U.S. version of Nice Fish. I'm even more a fan.
BillBlueEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:49 AM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
I've been a HUGE fan of Sir Mark Rylance ever since Wolf Hall. Then we got to see him in the U.S. version of Nice Fish. I'm even more a fan.
He was the dad on the fishing boat in Dunkirk yes? haven't seen anything else he was in.

Dagmar