Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-10-2018, 09:22 AM   #406  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Our leak detection got postponed due to the rain. We got an inch yesterday and there was some flooding in the area, but nothing compared to that up in Santa Barbara. That's just devastating.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:22 AM   #407  
Workin' It

I'm glad that you guys are safe, Allison. I wondered where you were in relation to that.

10 days back on the yoga bandwagon and my arms are definitely feeling it. Which I guess means I needed to do it.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:18 AM   #408  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

156.2 today. 1412 calories yesterday, skipped exercise because I have a nasty cold. Day before yesterday was 1328, before that 1522. Not quite as low as it needs to be for me to significantly lose weight, unfortunately (which is kind of depressing because ten years ago it would have been plenty low enough).

I'm trying to decide whether to do my scheduled cardio today. My ears are still both super clogged up but I think I feel a little better than yesterday (yesterday was scheduled to be yoga, which I am absolutely not doing when my head is so congested).
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:06 AM   #409  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Thursday morning at 161.3, same as yesterday.

Remembering my one-on-one yesterday: Nothing about my bringing in two major projects. Just warnings and cautions and scolding. But I have to create some slides quickly for a 2 PM meeting & also for my staff meeting at 3 PM.

I am feeling as though if someone does something foolish in front of me, I will snap at them.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:20 AM   #410  
Workin' It

Jessica - my rule of thumb is that if my head is congested I'll still do the cardio, but not if there is chest congestion. Adriene has a 'yoga for when you are sick' that is out there on You TUbe that I do when I feel crummy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5YvtYXSocw

Saef - I feel on edge like that a lot. A LOT. The Headspace I've been doing has really helped with it, actually.

Productive morning so far. Up at 4, yoga, exercise, bath, headspace, balanced my checkbook, got the boy ready for school, cooked some chicken with taco seasoning in the IP and stored it in the fridge for dinner tonight.

I had a fabulous headache last night - they are painting and staining the office suite next to us that is getting new tenants soon and it has been fierce. I was mostly in bed by 7pm. Ten minutes after I got here today my head started to pound again. I may just be going home to work the rest of the day at this rate.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:58 AM   #411  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

That is a productive morning, Shannon! Wow!! Hope your headache abates or you can work from home.
We've used our IP twice so far-- enjoyed both meals!

Jessica-- my ears were clogged yesterday and I did cardio. They seem better today. Who knows why?!

I got a nice compliment yesterday from my vice principal. She said I looked very fit and she can see a difference. She told me she sees the most definition in my back! That was cool to hear. Counter that with the first grader that told me I looked like a police officer and then 5 minutes later called me daddy.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:15 PM   #412  

I can't believe the number of yoga videos Adriene has done! Perhaps I should have started with yoga for beginners, but I've done three days of the 30 day challenge and haven't had too much trouble. Perhaps after 30 days, I should do the yoga for weight loss.

This morning, at DH's suggestion, I took each of our dogs for a walk around the block separately. I'll do it again after lunch. Amazingly, that will be enough to make my step goal. I decided to get a new fitness tracker and it defaults to 7500 steps per day so I may have to up that to 10,000.

I hope this walking will help me lose some weight. I have weighed the.exact.same.amount for two weeks despite my calories routinely coming in less that 1500 and some days closer to 1200.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:26 PM   #413  
Workin' It

Allison - you can modify any of her videos, and the 30 day challenges are all doable at any level.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:31 AM   #414  
Girl Gone Strong

Friday morning at 161.9, which was discouraging, except I think it's mostly from sluggish digestion. (Sorry, that's too much information.)

My apartment is sweltering because the radiators are still going full force when the outside temperatures are in the low 50s as when they were only 8 degrees. And, as usual this week, I'm drafting content between meetings -- finalizing that announcement and creating a pptx training presentation to deliver this afternoon.

I need to work this weekend to get other content that I promised for two other projects out. And those year-end reviews written ...
Old 01-12-2018, 09:56 AM   #415  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

156.2 again today, ended yesterday at 1456 calories, skipped the exercise. Working from home today means no gym, but we had an ice storm overnight so going in to work was not going to happen. My friend is coming into town this weekend!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:20 PM   #416  
Workin' It

Jessica - enjoy time with your friend!

I did my yoga this morning, 30 minutes on the elliptical, shower, shorter headspace. I overslept so trimmed everything shorter instead of leaving anything out. I fell asleep Wednesday night at 7 after coming home with headache, then last night I dozed off about 7:30 while waiting to go across the street for a game night with our neighbors. They had a long night getting their kids to bed so we pushed back start time, I fell asleep, the kids gave them heck, we ended up cancelling. I woke up very groggy this morning - I wonder if I'm coming down with something.

My MIL got me a cloud based digital photo frame for my office for Christmas that I finally got set up yesterday. LOVE IT. I have about 200 pics in my playlist. Lots of my kitty.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:31 PM   #417  

Two days in and I've made my step goal before 3 PM each day. I walked almost 4 miles yesterday and I'm at 3 1/2 so far today. I've done yoga each afternoon. My diet comes in at roughly 1400 calories a day. And my weight remains unchanged. Ugh.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:30 AM   #418  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

I weighed less after the dog sit than I did before it. Unusual for me. The only thing I've changed is to skip the second hour of TV at night and to go and read instead. Did that at the dogsit as well as at home and my weight is staying under 136 lbs.

Dagmar :
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:56 AM   #419  
Girl Gone Strong

Saturday morning at 160.2.

Still overheated in my apartment and ready to turn off at least one of the radiators, but hesitating because the cold weather is supposed to return tomorrow. Meantime I'm looking at desk work today after my usual 7 AM trip to the grocery store and a leg workout at the gym. But I will get away from my desk to see "The Post" as I'm hearing good things about it and in the mood to see someone triumph over adversity.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:26 AM   #420  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
I weighed less after the dog sit than I did before it. Unusual for me. The only thing I've changed is to skip the second hour of TV at night and to go and read instead. Did that at the dogsit as well as at home and my weight is staying under 136 lbs.
Interesting. I wonder if you're getting slightly better sleep as a result? Even just slightly might make a difference.

I've got lots going on at present, not all good, and I'm reading novels as an escape. They're on a Kindle (=screen) and I read them for longer than usual because I need more of an escape than usual. I have this sneaking feeling that it's not doing my sleep any good but I also have this sneaking feeling that this kind of escape will get me through this phase. Swings and roundabouts.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote