Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-04-2018, 05:21 AM   #376  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
January started with a bang at work. A manager had an accident in a company car, a long term employee had a heart attack and bypass surgery, another is sick with the flu. Long week already.

Three days into eating better after the holidays. Woo? ��
Good morning, Shannon! And I thought that you were posting early to tell us about your early morning exercise. Hope the rest of the day goes smoothly ...

Yes, 'woo' for better eating. Definitely.

ETA Just checked the time in Atlanta. It's early, man. (DB is reminding me how to talk like this. He and my mum are fluent. )

Last edited by silverbirch; 01-04-2018 at 05:23 AM.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 05:42 AM   #377  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post

ETA Just checked the time in Atlanta. It's early, man. (DB is reminding me how to talk like this. He and my mum are fluent. )
Is "man" back? I don't really talk to any young people so don't know the lingo.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 06:04 AM   #378  
in development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
Is "man" back? I don't really talk to any young people so don't know the lingo.
Hard to tell definitively. Certainly the DB uses it. He doesn't use 'groovy' or 'fab' but they do seem to be about. The 'peace, man' sign is around too. For many people they never went away, of course. Sometimes the DB tells me things about obscure 60s music and then realises I was there! For all that he pretends not to be that keen when I sing a few bars of ancient hits, I think he's pretty pleased about living with a historical monument whose life experience is on history syllabuses! And his grandmother was in the Second World War. You could be an educational resource, Dagmar!
Old 01-04-2018, 06:43 AM   #379  

Indeed birchie. I have confounded my cousin's youngsters with talk of life with B & W TV, no internet, no cellphone, and I'm still alive and reasonably well despite these huge drawbacks.

Dagmar
Old 01-04-2018, 06:48 AM   #380  
in development

We're amazing!
Old 01-04-2018, 06:56 AM   #381  

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
We're amazing!
Yes we are!
Old 01-04-2018, 08:23 AM   #382  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Shannon, sounds like a crazy start to your year. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out!

157 today. Yesterday's calorie count: 1426, with a 30 min HIIT elliptical session at lunchtime.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:56 AM   #383  
Workin' It

Birchie - I was exercising this morning when I posted, I was on the stationary bike and had finished my yoga. Woo!

I still use 'man' a lot. I have never been what one would call trendy.

Good job on the exercise and calories, Jessica!

My calories came in at 1325 yesterday. Too much salt, as I made a lemon sour drink with lemon and lime juice, salt, and club soda. I was feeling nostalgic and my mom used to make them when I was a kid.

I got up at 4:15 to do the yoga, exercise, shower, headspace. Was very efficient with my time, so had an extra half hour that I used to bag up 6 bags and 3 boxes of trash (old magazines, boxes, a broken glass poster frame I broke up into a small box, some damaged DSS clothes I didn't feel comfortable donating, some old electronics for the recycle pickup this week) and got them on the curb for pickup. If I could make myself get up in the mornings, I could get a lot done.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 01-04-2018 at 09:58 AM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:28 AM   #384  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Morning all. This nasty virus still has me struggling, I wish I could take the time off to recover at home. It's fun to see all of the activity on 3FC this time of year, the initial flurry of optimism and new people. But it also makes me feel even more tired - they're planning an entire year's worth of exercise and I just want to sleep. I'm trying to at least eat ok when I'm hungry, but I bounce between nausea and craving something sugary to get me through the workday.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM   #385  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Happy New Year to all!
I’m not back to work till Monday which is where I usually log in and post. So I’ll be more regular soon.

Just got back from traveling on Saturday night. Nice time in Houston and Arizona with family. Not too much stress. I missed my bikram though and dh and I only did one class in Houston. Thought I’d get extra classes in once home but I’ve been busy with the fun of being 50- so far this week I’ve had an injection one day for my osteoporosis, yesterday I had a bone density screening, and today I’ve been prepping for my colonoscopy tomorrow. Oh joy...

I have exercised every day including today with only a liquid diet. Dh was sweet and took me to a movie to get my mind off my hunger- we saw The Greatest Show.

I started meditating with Headspace on January 1, and Shannon gave me great feedback on ones to try. I also ordered an instant pot which I know Shannon has as well. By the time I decided I wanted one, I couldn’t find them here locally, so it’s coming from Amazon tomorrow. My dd’s birthday is today and her fiancé gave her one as well. She’s a great cook and on her healthy journey, so I’m counting on her to figure it out and enlighten me!

Hopefully I’ll get a clean bill of health tomorrow- I had polyps removed 5 years ago so they wanted me to do the colonoscopy again. Hoping I’ll feel like exercising and eating at some point tomorrow. My appointment is at 7 am so I should be done and home early.

Dh’s Christmas present to me was to help me organize my closet,as it’s long and narrow and a disaster. He is putting in an organization system and I’m busy figuring out what I need to donate.

Great to “see” you all!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:24 AM   #386  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Friday morning at 164.7.

Yesterday's blizzard was impressive and distracting. It snowed horizontally and the wind whipped it and obliterated everything. I think we got six or eight inches.

I was working all day on getting my team ready to take on the documents we've sourced back internally. I heard confirmation that they gave the contractors notice on Tuesday. I'm sorry and also glad that I wasn't the one to have to tell them.

Now it's frigid outside and I need to bundle up to walk to the gym, which I am dreading. It's so bitter cold that the snow will creak under my boots and the only part of my face I'll leave uncovered will be my eyes.

Last edited by saef; 01-05-2018 at 05:24 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:33 AM   #387  

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
Friday morning at 164.7.

Yesterday's blizzard was impressive and distracting. It snowed horizontally and the wind whipped it and obliterated everything. I think we got six or eight inches.

I was working all day on getting my team ready to take on the documents we've sourced back internally. I heard confirmation that they gave the contractors notice on Tuesday. I'm sorry and also glad that I wasn't the one to have to tell them.

Now it's frigid outside and I need to bundle up to walk to the gym, which I am dreading. It's so bitter cold that the snow will creak under my boots and the only part of my face I'll leave uncovered will be my eyes.
I'm outside from about 7:30 this morning to around 3 p.m. Not going to be fun. Windchill is minus 33. How are things in Boston Bill?

Dagmar
Old 01-05-2018, 08:24 AM   #388  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

No blizzards here in the midwest but it is really, really cold. -8F this morning for my drive in to work, and the office heating system can't keep up since our building is basically built to be a warehouse. I'm wearing long sleeves and two sweaters and still freezing at my desk.

157.6 this morning, 1388 cals yesterday with 45 mins yoga. I found a yoga app that I really like! It's called Down Dog. You can customize what kind of practice you want, how long you want it to go for, and if there are any focus areas, and it talks you through the whole thing like a regular yoga class. I did a Beginner 2 level and it was appropriately challenging I think. My only complaint is that I can't adjust the volume of apps independently so I can't use my regular music app for background music. If I do, I can't hear what the voice is saying. Oh well. Shannon, I saw that the person you recommended has an app as well!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:43 AM   #389  
Workin' It

Jessica - yes, she has an app, a YouTube channel, and a Roku channel I think. Never heard of Down Dog, will check it out.

Michele - love my instant pot! Hope you like the Headspace.

Dagmar and Saef - stay warm out there!

JZJ - hope you feel better soon. Some of my folks seem to have the same thing and are miserable.

My two houses down neighbor had a water main break on NYD so we had no water from 7p though the next morning. Woke up this morning to my next door neighbor on the other side with a driveway frozen to a sheet of ice and what appears to be a break there, anticipating no water again soon. I called it to the city as I'm not sure it isn't my main broken, the junctions are near each other and I wasn't sure. Water company here now.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:31 AM   #390  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Saturday morning at 163.

Three blankets last night and I couldn't wait to get to bed after the sun went down because my apartment was so cold, particularly anywhere near a window. It's five degrees now. The wind-chill doesn't bear thinking of, and it is indeed windy, making that keening noise around windows & doors. I'm bracing myself for my trip to the grocery store. I want to get a chicken or something that would need to be roasted for a while.

Not looking forward to that walk to the gym, either.

Last edited by saef; 01-06-2018 at 06:32 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote