Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 10-29-2017, 05:03 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
Sunday morning at 159.8.

I'm not going to take the all-day hard rain personally. Really I'm not.
We had the rain yesterday. Trixie and I still managed to see a beautiful sunrise and a rainbow but we got wet doing it.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 05:07 PM   #107  

I did one of those weird dietary things today that make me question myself sometimes. I received a small bag of stale chocolate like things at Bladerunner 2049 (yes I saw it again and it was amazing even without 3D or other effects)) last night with my popcorn and drink "combo".

I was going to throw them away after opening them last night and seeing they were stale. Instead I ate half the bag (Trixie got 2) last night and the other half today at midday (Trixie again got 2).

Just because I'm given something not very good for "free" doesn't mean I have to consume it. I still haven't learned the lesson.

Dagmar
Old 10-30-2017, 05:48 AM   #108  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Monday morning, and I'm at 161.8, and my stomach isn't feeling great. I had a bowl of collard greens last night, which had come precut in a bag, and there were a lot of stems. Too much fiber, even though I simmered them in the crockpot for a couple hours.

My cousin died at 2 AM on Sunday. Of course, I'm still thinking about her.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:19 AM   #109  

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
My cousin died at 2 AM on Sunday. Of course, I'm still thinking about her.
I'm sorry for your loss saef.

Dagmar
Old 10-30-2017, 09:24 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'm sorry for your loss, saef.

Welcome back, Lori Bell!

Gearing up for a busy week. The last/first of months are always the most busy at work. And I am scheduling myself for a good workout this afternoon. I'll be keeping my eating in check as well.

I made a very good, and quite healthy burrito bowl for dinner last night. It consisted of riced lime cauliflower, black beans, chicken, a corn salsa with poblano chilies and a topping of pico de gallo with guacamole. It was quite good and I think it'll be a good one for the future, although I think the amount of olive oil used to make the riced cauliflower can be drastically reduced.

So lately I've lost the taste for coffee. That's quite strange for me. And I've been replacing my 1-2 cups of morning coffee for a diet coke. That's also quite strange for me as I've been "off" of diet drinks for years! I don't know if this is a good thing, a bad thing, or nothing.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:34 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I'm very sorry for your loss, Saef.

That burrito bowl sounds delicious, Allison! That is odd about your switch from coffee to DC. My (mormon) dd drinks way too many Diet Cokes (in my opinion) but she obviously doesn't drink coffee.

I had a nice weekend but I somehow threw my back out Saturday early morning. I was determined to not let it derail my weekend so I babied it somewhat and still continued with my planned yoga (modified), my walks with friends, etc. It is about 50% better today but still quite sore.

My weight was surprisingly down this morning but I donated blood yesterday and I seem to remember that being the case in the past when I've donated. I'll focus on healthy choices and lots of water today and hopefully it won't spike tomorrow.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:02 AM   #112  
Workin' It

So sorry for your loss, Saef.

DSS has a doctor's appt this afternoon to go over the food log we've kept this past week. He popped high sugar on a urine test the Friday before last and the doctor had him come in for a fasted blood draw last Tuesday. The blood sugar came back fine, but she still wants the doctor visit to discuss his diet. I'm hoping it points out some deficiencies some places and gets them addressed, one way or another.

Hey there, Lori Bell. Of course I remember you. Good job on coming back down. We all have some regain, we're working on it. We are just cliquish in our group.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:06 PM   #113  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Sad news, saef. Thinking of you all.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:21 AM   #114  
Girl Gone Strong

Tuesday morning at 161.5.

I want to make today more productive than yesterday, when news reports distracted me for a good part of the day.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:27 AM   #115  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi All, thanks for the warm welcome back.
Sorry to hear of your loss, Saef. Things are going pretty good, though worried about the weekend. My youngest son is in the Cornhusker Marching band at NU and game days are always hard food wise... the stadium is very strict about taking in food, so I need to make sure I’m totally prepared. We usually spend the whole day in Lincoln on game days. I managed okay last time, but it kind of sucked! Happy Halloween!

Last edited by Lori Bell; 10-31-2017 at 12:03 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:55 PM   #116  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Welcome back Lori Bell!

Saef, sorry for your loss.

I am totally sucking at staying on track, but again, at least I went to the gym. Sigh. Halloween tonight, then all the leftover candy is going to work.

I'm about to finish my run through of NRLW -- I've only got one more workout to go that I'll do Thursday. Do you folks have any suggests for what to try next? I'd like to have a workout that's 30 minutes or less, which I can do about 3x/week in the basic gym at my office, and which will improve my muscle strength without putting too much stress on my wrists.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:41 PM   #117  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Traveling Michele, time was that even Coke was out for Mormons. But the original scripture says no hot drinks--it doesn't really mention caffeine. It was taken to mean coffee and tea. In 2012, the church decreed that soft drinks with caffeine were OK. However, some "strict" LDS won't drink them anyway.

Last edited by JayEll; 10-31-2017 at 10:42 PM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:01 AM   #118  
Girl Gone Strong

Wednesday morning at 163.1.

Yesterday, on my sixth and last rep of a set of deadlifts at 195 lbs., I picked up the weight at the wrong angle and felt something pull in my back. I put that weight back down and stopped my workout. I tried to stretch it a little. I iced. Then I used a heating pad. I took ibuprofen. But of course, I was in pain by the time I went to bed last night. Also, I ate both a Quest bar and a Oh Yeah! One bar last night, out of pity, and as a Halloween indulgence. So no surprise about the high weight.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:36 AM   #119  

Got into the little chocolate bars yesterday. I had mine in the afternoon so the sugar crash came before bed, rather than at 1 a.m. DH ate the rest of the leftovers last night and spent a restless night.

All gone now, just 4 small bags of chips to throw out today after DH leaves for work. He will grumble tonite. Neither of our families had any money when we were young and we were taught to not waste anything but that seems a bit ridiculous now.

Dagmar
Old 11-01-2017, 09:21 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Traveling Michele, time was that even Coke was out for Mormons. But the original scripture says no hot drinks--it doesn't really mention caffeine. It was taken to mean coffee and tea. In 2012, the church decreed that soft drinks with caffeine were OK. However, some "strict" LDS won't drink them anyway.
It was "news" this summer when BYU installed soda machines in their cafeteria that had caffeinated soft drinks. LOL
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote