Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 03-15-2017, 05:00 PM   #16  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Good luck, Susie. I had to look up PVCs. That sounds quite horrible. Fingers crossed that there is something that can help.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:22 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Got through day 2 of winter's return. Huge gusting cold winds but little snow. Supposed to be sunny and a bit milder tomorrow. I have 7 dog walks tomorrow so that's good! The sleep-over ends Sunday night.

I made the decision back in December to drink no alcohol at all this year. I wasn't consuming a lot during 2016. Usually a couple of glasses of wine with dinner or a couple of beers with popcorn one night each weekend.

I've noticed a big difference in my desire to overeat junk food at night. Even though I'm sleep-deprived and very tired it's no longer translating into chronic overeating in the evenings. I have a snack every night, predecided (is that a word?) and premeasured, and that's it.

Interesting. I've stopped drinking alcohol before but never with this result. Aging body I guess. At least there's this one benefit to that

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:23 PM   #18  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Susie, do you drink diet soda with aspartame? That was giving me heart arrhythmia. Once I stopped drinking it, the problem went away.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:02 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Susie, do you drink diet soda with aspartame? That was giving me heart arrhythmia. Once I stopped drinking it, the problem went away.
Hmm. Well i have (very softened) tray of ice cubes made w/cherry or lime flavored "water", i think it contains one of those artificial sweeteners maybe i should just pay the $ and get the sodas made w/stevia (i'm fine w/stevia's taste) and do the ice cubes that way.

They're just something to satisfy the pie hole at night.

I'm so glad you figured it out, i will have to try it, thanks JayEll

UGH. Just looked at the fizzy water and yes it does contain aspartame. ALSO... the SF/FF lemon pudding mix i put in my Greek yogurt every day (to give it flavor) you know...us dieters... UGH!

Well i'll cut out the softened ice cubes and figure out something else to flavor my yogurt that DOES NOT have a bunch of calories! I already use plain yogurt sweetened with stevia, berries and some walnuts or almonds so i can't go over on the calories, also the lemon pudding thickened the yogurt, cannot afford Fage.

Well i can try all of this and see. HOW LONG did it take for your palps to calm down?

Last edited by 3fcuser291505109; 03-15-2017 at 09:17 PM.
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 06:24 AM   #20  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

It didn't take long at all for my heart arrhythmia to go away. It was a matter of days once I stopped all aspartame.

Oh, and it wasn't caffeine in the sodas. I was drinking caffeine-free diet soda most of the time. And coffee doesn't give me any problem. Of course, your situation may be different.

Last edited by JayEll; 03-16-2017 at 06:25 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:57 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
It didn't take long at all for my heart arrhythmia to go away. It was a matter of days once I stopped all aspartame.

Oh, and it wasn't caffeine in the sodas. I was drinking caffeine-free diet soda most of the time. And coffee doesn't give me any problem. Of course, your situation may be different.
Thanks! i rescheduled my appt and am right now dropping all known sources and by next week i should hopefully know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
Good luck, Susie. I had to look up PVCs. That sounds quite horrible. Fingers crossed that there is something that can help.
Thank you, Silverbirch

Last edited by 3fcuser291505109; 03-16-2017 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:24 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Happy Birthday Allison!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:28 PM   #23  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Yes!

Happy Birthday Allison!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:29 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Thank you!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:17 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

I just got back from southern Arizona too. Section-hiking the Arizona National Scenic Trail with a friend. As we did last time, we left a vehicle at each end of each "Passage" so that we could carry day packs. It was a little warm (mid-80's) - they were having a heat wave - but we took advantage of any available shade for frequent short rests. We averaged about 13 miles a day and have now completed over 100 miles from the Mexican border. Passage 7 put us just north of I-10. Then we jumped to Passage 13 to find something a little cooler. On the way to the trailhead I saw signs for Biosphere 2, so after we completed the hike on Friday, we visited there and took the guided tour. Fascinating! If you are in the Tucson area I highly recommend a visit to Biosphere.

Allison, I waved as I drove through your area on I-10. It certainly is green down your way this year! And belated Happy Birthday!

Dagmar, that is very interesting about how alcohol seems to affect your eating. I do over-snack at night when I'm tired even without alcohol. Glad that eliminating it has helped!
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:54 PM   #26  

Update on PVC's (irregular heart beats) since JayEll brought up aspartame. I quit it on Thursday night and it's now Sunday afternoon and they are WAY down, not gone but way way down. I was having flavored ice cubes (softened) after my evening meal and it was flavored water w/aspartame (all kinds of delightful flavors, LOL) and also i stopped chewing my sugar free gum (just in case) but i DID add in my SF jello pudding (which i imagine is artificially sweetened) to my Greek Yogurt on Saturday and it didn't increase them but i will carefully monitor.

Have a doc appt on Thursday and just wondering how i'll be doing then. The PVC's wax and wane but i don't think this is a coincidence *shrug*. We'll see

Last edited by 3fcuser291505109; 03-19-2017 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:16 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Susie, you might try sucralose instead of aspartame. They are two very different chemicals, and the sucralose (splenda) may not affect your heart. Or stick with stevia.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote