3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Living Maintenance

Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-19-2017, 09:05 AM   #376

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'm back. Total weight gain of just 6 pounds for almost 3 weeks of vacation. We used the ship's gym just twice, but walked miles on our own instead of doing bus excursions. So the bottom line is that I need to lose 35 pounds minimum, 40 would be better. I'm seeing where I can get by July 4th, but the ultimate will be to lose this by next February. Can it be done? I'll catch up later. First day back to work today and I have tons of things to do.

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
``•Allison•``
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)

“A Year from Now You May Wish You Had Started Today”~Karen Lamb
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:21 AM   #377
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

149.8 today, so maybe the calorie cutting is finally starting to work?

paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:23 AM   #378

S/C/G: 178/120/120

Height: 5'5"

Hooray to Jessica and Andrea and Saef for seeing scale progression in the right way!

My scale is also inching slowly downward though I'm yet to see under 130 and still a ways away from it.

I am trying to get under my redline before my Italy trip which is slightly over 2 months away-- I'd like to be well under it, but I'm trying not to make unrealistic expectations of myself.

Quite sore due to my last couple of days of exercise. Wednesday I took a body combat class (kickboxing) and my arms are very sore from that. Yesterday I took hot pilates which I don't know if that is really the right name for it. It's more like a HIIT class in the heat and humidity. Lots of planks, burpees, push-ups, etc. Now I'm sore all over!! Plan is to go to UJAM (hip hop dance) tonight after work.

Next obstacle is the bridal shower for 2 of our teachers that we are having shortly.

Thank you all for the congratulations. It was a pleasant surprise and good to hear the PTA thinks highly of me as our parents have to pay half my salary-- the school district only pays half here.

2017 workout goals:

200 Bikram yoga classes

400 workouts minimum

So far:

100 bikram yoga classes
340 workouts total
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:44 AM   #379
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Hello, I want to check in but don't have much to say. Exercise is going well and I'm more supple so that's good. Food isn't bad but could be better. It's going to be a busy week with travelling.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:06 AM   #380
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)158/(G)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Saturday morning and I'm at 158.

I knew this would happen because when I was walking around my apartment late yesterday, the skin over my legs felt tight. Hard to explain except there's fluid retention and less flexibility along my shin and ankles. This was due to my addiction to sugarfree gum. I went through several packs yesterday. It's about anxiety as it was not the Friday I'd imagined I'd have, with time for working out several emails -- people were asking questions and needing things.

The weather has had wide-ranging swings. Last weekend, the radiators were clanking with steam heat as temperatures were in the 40s. Then on Thursday and yesterday, we had a heat wave and I turned on my airconditioner. But some kind of colder front came through overnight, it rained, and again I need a sweater.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:25 AM   #381

Saturday morning, down half a pound after extreme non-snacking yesterday and only a very small dinner. We did go out for lunch (salad and pizza), so I consider a drop a big win. But I also don't want to really consider it a loss until I'm back to pre-cruise weight.

``•Allison•``

Old 05-21-2017, 07:10 AM   #382
Girl Gone Strong

Sunday morning at 156.9. Less stress, less gum-chewing, moving around a lot today to run errands and getting housekeeping and cooking done.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:18 AM   #383
Girl Gone Strong

Monday morning, at 157.5, which is lower than last Monday, when I was over 158.

I won't be at peace until I've presented on WebEx before a large group of analysts tomorrow morning. It's a 20-minute version of a half-hour presentation that I've given successfully in front of a smaller group.

Also I'm on edge because I need to follow up with the department head who said I might have a job on his team. I just heard that he "managed out" someone last week, so he's definitely got an open head count that he needs to fill. I hope I can have this conversation with him before I go off on vacation next week.

Yes, vacation. It's coming. But there are lots of hurdles & tasks to fulfill before I can get there.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:06 AM   #384

Weight back up this morning. A long day at work today and I plan to stay out of the candy dish, eat a modest breakfast and lunch and we're having leftover Greek salad for dinner tonight. That ought to be low enough for the weigh in tomorrow to be favorable.

A little stress here as DS is interviewing for his first ever job. He has passed the first two parts easily--both an online interview, another online interview with a timed test which he completed with time to spare. Tomorrow he goes in for a face-to face interview that lasts 2.5 hours. I don't think I've ever had an interview that took more than 15 minutes. He's worried but confident. He's going to LA to meet with his best friend to go over information/techniques/etc. to get him ready.

Meanwhile, I've found an online diet food delivery that seems to be a good fit. The meals, mostly dinners, are less than 450 calories each and sound very healthy. I don't get the delivery for a couple of weeks, and in the meantime, we'll do a final week of Freshly followed by a week of my own cooking next week. I really need to get this diet going.

``•Allison•``

Old 05-22-2017, 12:52 PM   #385

Allison-- I'd love to hear more about your delivery meals once you try them.

Good luck to ds! That does sound like a long interview, but I doubt it's just interviewing-- it must include a tour or something else for that amount of time. What type of job would it be and would it be near you?

2017 workout goals:

200 Bikram yoga classes

400 workouts minimum

So far:

100 bikram yoga classes
340 workouts total
Old 05-22-2017, 04:48 PM   #386
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Allison, good luck to your DS! My interview for my job was most of the day. I think it was about 5 hours plus lunch. As I recall your DS is in the SW industry, right? It's pretty standard to have lengthy interviews.

My weight is back at 152 this morning, but it's also TOM. I'm feeling thinner, for what that's worth. Some treats this weekend but I kept calories in check.

paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:53 PM   #387

Yes, DS got his degree in computer science. This interview is with a company whose founders also graduated from the same university (UC Irvine) and is located near Costa Mesa--it's called Meridian Link. They specialize in software for banks and credit unions.

It's funny, he was showing me the clothes he bought for the interview and I mentioned that although they were nice, and would be totally appropriate for work, he ought to dress up a bit. Perhaps not an entire suit, but at least his dress pants, shirt and shoes with matching belt. He had forgotten the suit we got him for DD's wedding two years ago--thankfully it all still fits! He found it in his closet with a couple pair of Docker's he'd also forgotten about. He was so excited to find "new" clothes!

``•Allison•``

Old 05-23-2017, 05:35 AM   #388
Girl Gone Strong

Weight back up to 157.8, and I'm still fretting over co-presenting at 10 AM. Obviously those two things are connected. I will be a different woman once this session over, whether for bad or good. Of course there will be another one in a few weeks' time, but this feels like the mountain that is sitting between me and my time off next week.

Just got my bank statement yesterday. My two tax refunds were deposited into my account early last month and I didn't even notice.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:08 AM   #389

Good luck with your presentation, Saef! You'll rock it! And money you didn't realize was there?! That never happens!

My weight is up today 1.2.... trying not to let it affect my mood. Ugh....

2017 workout goals:

200 Bikram yoga classes

400 workouts minimum

So far:

100 bikram yoga classes
340 workouts total
Old 05-23-2017, 10:49 AM   #390
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/142/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Saef, hope your talk went well. The weather suddenly turned nice for more than just one day here, and I am accordingly suddenly motivated to be in shape. Funny how exposing more body parts to coworkers and strangers motivates one to get it together again -
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote