Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-30-2017, 05:47 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat: January 30 - February 5

Spent time talking to a friend who is leaving the East coast to relocate in the Midwest. So many positive things about where she's heading; so many positive things she's leaving behind. It's hard for me to imagine such a move.

By now in winter I'd expect to have done some exercise shoveling snow. We're just not doing snow this year. Sure makes walking easier.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 06:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

I seem to have finally come out of my "Tr*mp slump". Almost a month into 2017 and I'm starting to get some much-needed energy back.

Good week all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 09:08 AM   #3  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Hello!

Feeling fairly energised myself today although my eating has not been too good this morning. No need to let it carry on, though.

I cannot read too much news today.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 09:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

And my Tr*mp slump seems to be getting worse on a daily basis. We don't refer to him by name. He is 45. Supposedly, 45 is a derogatory word in South Africa (according to Laurence Fishburn). Don't know if it is true or not, but 45 it shall be.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:12 AM   #5  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I think I am becoming obsessive-compulsive about checking news accounts. I never know what has happened when I turn away for a few hours. I desperately need to re-balance my life. Four years of this will be exhausting.

I'm trying to remind myself of small, good things, kindness and beauty, without going into denial or avoidance.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Bill-- my only living relative (besides my hubby and daughters) is my elderly uncle who has lived in Rhode Island most of his life. He despises the winters and wanted to move away years ago but his wife is much younger than him and she was still working and didn't want to move. They won't move at this point and it makes me sad because he is utterly miserable and in very poor health. He is so far away from us on the West Coast that we rarely see him. I can't imagine living anywhere cold anymore (I was born in Connecticut and lived in Massachusetts).

Weekend was well spent running errands and doing things around the house, but nothing too fun. And the house projects are in the in-between stage where it just looks messy. We got the couch hauled away that Ellie destroyed, so we moved a big dresser downstairs to take its spot. It looks much better as we just had a random couch in the dining room that was only used by the dogs (and eaten). However, everything that was in the upstairs piece is now on the floor while we find time to go through it and figure out what to do with the various old stuff. As our TV was on the piece upstairs, that necessitated a search for a new cabinet or other piece of furniture for the TV. We went to several stores and searched online. We finally decided on a TV console/ electric fireplace unit! I'm super excited that we will have a "fireplace" in our bedroom, but we have to wait for it to be shipped and then find time to put it together.

Weight is up about a pound after the weekend. Did yoga but didn't make the gym or any other exercise so I'm not too surprised.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
Spent time talking to a friend who is leaving the East coast to relocate in the Midwest. So many positive things about where she's heading; so many positive things she's leaving behind. It's hard for me to imagine such a move.

By now in winter I'd expect to have done some exercise shoveling snow. We're just not doing snow this year. Sure makes walking easier.
f

Please take your snow back. We've had snow (and ice) on the ground since the middle of December. Worst winter in 36 years. I hate walking on the treadmill, but hate falling on the ice even more.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Just got head-butted by a standard poodle. Will be sporting a fat lip for awhile. TGIF?

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote