3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Can't stop losing. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/308809-cant-stop-losing.html)

CrazedLedZepFan 03-25-2016 08:41 AM

Can't stop losing.

:?:
I met my goal 7 lbs ago. I decided that rather than upping my calorie intake in one day, I'd slowly increase my intake and monitor my weight to find the right amount I needed to eat to maintain my weight. I've been increasing 100 calories a week on the weeks that my weight goes down. Last week I had lost 2 lbs (for some strange reason) so I increased my calorie intake to 1700 and weighed in again today (less than one week later) and I have lost another 2 lbs! I don't even know how this is happening because I never feel hungry and I even had a few little cheats here and there.

Just to add a bit more info, I'm 5'8"ish and weigh 153. I guess I'll increase by another 100 this week even though it's getting hard to eat this much. Is it possible I jump-started my metabolism? I did just get a new exercise bike, which is a bit more intense than my daily walks.

JayEll 03-25-2016 09:06 AM

You did the right thing by increasing your intake gradually. And you should continue to do that. But it should be 100 calories a DAY, not 100 calories a week. Not sure if that's what you meant.

I'm curious what you mean by it's hard to eat "this much." Maybe you have been eating too little for too long a time?

Adding 100 calories is really easy to do without feeling like there is a lot more food. Gosh, some butter on toast could do that. A large apple as an extra snack. A tablespoon of full-fat salad dressing.

Experiment with increasing daily calories and see when you stop losing further. Then stay there for awhile.

CrazedLedZepFan 03-25-2016 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayEll (Post 5249155)
You did the right thing by increasing your intake gradually. And you should continue to do that. But it should be 100 calories a DAY, not 100 calories a week. Not sure if that's what you meant.

I'm curious what you mean by it's hard to eat "this much." Maybe you have been eating too little for too long a time?

Adding 100 calories is really easy to do without feeling like there is a lot more food. Gosh, some butter on toast could do that. A large apple as an extra snack. A tablespoon of full-fat salad dressing.

Experiment with increasing daily calories and see when you stop losing further. Then stay there for awhile.

Oops, I met 100 calories/day every week that I'm still losing (which has been almost every week). Thanks for the advice. I do think my stomach shrunk quite a bit. I get kinda nauseous when I eat a regular sized meal.

HowlinAtTheMoon 03-26-2016 01:40 AM

Congrats for making your goal! As long as you are not getting in the unhealthy weight range, just keep adding a little at a time.

souvenirdarling 03-26-2016 09:57 AM

It will plateau eventually, and your water retention will adjust. Start eating in a way that's "natural", more relaxed, less controlling, more intuitive and balanced. Be disciplined at home, enjoy a restaurant treat.

If I'm active, I lose weight at 1700cals. You'll find your balance, but Im sure it may take 6 months to find your maintenance style :) Considering all the hard work youve put in, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! You got this :)

saef 03-26-2016 11:19 AM

The physical transition from losing to maintaining isn't that difficult, as Jay pointed out. An extra tablespoon of peanut butter, even a slice of bread, would add to your caloric intake.

It's the psychological transition that can be difficult. If you've gotten used to restricting yourself, it's hard to go back to giving yourself permission, particularly if you see that as completely backsliding to your condition before your weight loss. Based on what I've observed in myself, and in many others here, you can't just wake one morning and say, "Okay, I'm done with the continual self-restriction, I'm just going to behave more naturally. Starting now."

There really is a setting between "Don't eat much of anything, ever" and "Eat ALL the foods! ALL AT ONCE!" You have to find yours.