Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 09:27 AM   #316  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Okay, I, too, downloaded Headspace, but haven't yet tried it out. Today is my "day off" of sorts--I take the afternoon to do errands and hopefully get home early. But if I do get home early, I have to contend with the housekeepers. We'll see if I have time to try it out.

Thursday morning, weight unchanged

S-8 hours, only a little interrupted by the darn cat
E-rest day
B-protein shake
S-fruit
L-turkey soup, yogurt
D-steak tacos
Old 02-05-2016, 08:37 AM   #317  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Shannon - I have seen some amazing applications of blues, purples and greens lately! Also saw a study recently that confirms that hair coloring does indeed give a boost to the mood - even if it's just an enhancement of a natural color.

Well! I saw 160.5 today, which is 5.5 down. That's a bit of a mood boost too - almost "normal" again! Has to last through the weekend to change the ticker - guess I'm not going to be able to splurge on the artichoke dip and buffalo wings for Super Bowl! Thank goodness my mom's bringing the raw veggies ...
Old 02-05-2016, 09:09 AM   #318  

Good weigh-in, Becky!!!

Friday morning, weight unchanged. I'm hoping to see a lower number tomorrow. FWIW, I'm down 6.4 pounds since January 4th.

S-7 hours of pretty good sleep
E-20 minutes at 4.0 on treadmill followed by the normal dumbbell exercises
B-protein drink
S-fruit
L-not sure
D-goat cheese and kale quiche
Old 02-05-2016, 11:11 AM   #319  
Workin' It

I went with the purple, without bleach under it. So it didn't come out that bright anime purple, more a dark purple with some red in it. Training wheels. Next time we'll look at more lightening so the purple will pop.

I managed to stay mostly mellow yesterday, even with a string of eight consecutive call/hang up/call/hang up/leave no message and not answer my 'can't talk,please email or text' calls from a manager yesterday afternoon on my off day. Mostly. LOL

Backy - high five on the weigh in! I'm just glad mine isn't jumping up right now while I get back in the groove.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:00 PM   #320  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Becky and Allison - way to go, both of you! I'm doing well in 2016 overall (I think... I don't like to weigh often but I can see and feel the effect of eating better).

Shannon, picture please? I love purple hair. I've done it once with a temp dye (I have dark blonde hair) and loved it for about 3 days, then the fade went through a long period of sickly grey coloration.
Old 02-05-2016, 02:32 PM   #321  
Workin' It

JZJ - I forgot to take a picture yesterday, my husband is going to take one when he gets home. My hairdresser wants one, too. I'll put it up when he gets here.
Old 02-05-2016, 02:36 PM   #322  
Workin' It

So I just found out that I got into a study on meditation and mindfullness that I'd applied for. The study wants to see if 30 days of mindfullness or meditation activity can have a noticeable impact on a person's emotional state, with a specific series of led meditations for the 30 days. If I finish it I get a voucher for a free year of Headspace. I'm totally going to do it. I've never been in a study before.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 02-05-2016 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:44 PM   #323  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Totally cool, Shannon!
Old 02-05-2016, 09:51 PM   #324  
Workin' It

I'm excited about it, Jay. I had to do a set of quizzes to get started - a lot of questions about my emotional state, current stress level, sleep patterns, recent illnesses, how I respond in different scenarios, all asking me to rate the last 30 days, with the exception of sleep and mood. They asked for how often in the last week. After those were done, I had to do three concentration games to test my ability to focus. One was a spatial one where you have a set number of moves and time to rearrange three balls on different height rods into the target pattern. I'm really good at those kinds of tests, so did pretty well. The other one had four keys on the keyboard assigned to colors and you had to put the middle and index finger of each hand on them. They then flashed color names on the screen and you had to click the button for the text color, not the word that the text spelled. I didn't do as well on that one. I kept forgetting what key was which color.

We'll see how it goes after 30 days. I'll have to do the same games again, and then I guess answer the same questions, though maybe a little variety.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:39 AM   #325  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

That sounds great, Shannon!

Good weigh-in, Becky and Allison! Keep going.

JayZeeJay and JayEll!

Grey day here. Exercise is going well. I'm very pleased indeed that it's coming along so well. Associated with it, sleep is of better quality. Food is so-so but I think that will fall into place soon.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:20 AM   #326  

Saturday morning, weight up .8 inexplicably. I'm hoping it is due to sodium as I was low in calories yesterday.
S-7ish hours, woken an hour early from said cat
E-rest day of sorts
B-homemade egg mcmuffin
L-unsure
D-unsure

We're taking a bus trip to the Reagan library today. Probably a lot of (slow) walking. Lunch will be there--probably sandwiches of some sort. Unknown when we'll get home.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:50 PM   #327  
Workin' It

DH and I hosted a 70th birthday party for my MIL today. I did not make it on my goal to stay mellow all day, but I didn't go off on anyone and only had one spat with DH before we left to head to the party. Oddly, I'd call that a victory. I get terribly wound up about events I'm responsible for, even of everything is planned to the nines and all ready. We had a food truck from the restaurant I work for, a cake, and about 55 people. Only 47 had RSVPd they were coming. That almost drove me over the edge, but I knew that I had confirmed 50 with my catering director and my people had sent enough food on the truck for 20% over booked number (I've covered catering for vacations, I KNEW this and still almost freaked) so we would be fine. I actually stopped for a minute, walked away, took some deep breaths, and came back. It helped. MIL had a fantastic time and that was beautiful to see. Her two best friends from high school came, one she hadn't seen face to face in twenty years. Watching thw three of them giggle like they were 16 was wonderful.These are the moments I miss when I'm wound up all the time.

I had a hard time opening my eyes and renengaging with the real world after the meditation tonight. I wasn't asleep, but my eyes felt heavy. I sat for a few minutes and absorbed it.

My weight was down a smidge today, but nothing to speak of. Still at 154ish, which is where I settled after the holidays. I'm focusing more now on trying to find sustainable habits, and am not going to beat myself to death right now with the scale. Im exercisng, I'm eating alright if not super low calorie, I'm drinking lots of water, doing my yoga and my Headspace. I'm hoping the meditation will give me a little peace that I can parlay into feeling more in control, then I'll focus back on weight changes. I really lost it at work right before the holidays and it freaked me out. Have to figure out how life is going to go and how I can fit what I want to do in a way that honors my values, and that seems more important right now.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:14 PM   #328  

Sounds like a fun party, Shannon. I remember throwing my MIL's "sweet 16" party 8 years ago. This year, she'll be "18" (born on February 29th) so we may do another party. Either that or take her to a nice restaurant.

Yesterday was tiring! We arrived at the museum in time for a fly-over from the Air Force (I think--they were vintage planes) while the Marine Corps Band played. We didn't stay for the speeches. Instead we went to see Air Force One and Marine One and then stopped for an early, light lunch. Then off to the museums, a stop for birthday cake (ew, I shouldn't have bothered) and then off for the unveiling of a new statue. We missed the unveiling of a new Reagan coin (didn't know the time or place for that) and we missed seeing Nancy at that. The bus started us back home a little after 3 PM and we didn't make it home until almost 8 PM! Poor animals were starving! We didn't feel like eating dinner so late, so we munched on a few tortilla chips, watched some shows and went to bed late (for us) at 10PM.

Weight down today due to lack of food. My hips hurt, which is normal after lots and lots of standing and slow walking. Getting ready to prepare some healthy alternatives for our Super Bowl watching. We're starting off with some caprese ladybug appetizers alone with a cream cheese brick topped with cranberry-chili spread served with crackers. Dinner will be a stromboli sandwich full of meats and a little cheese and to be dipped in marinara. I'm making a dessert of white chocolate with craisins and pistachios. It doesn't make a lot and can easily be saved for future munching if needed.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:05 AM   #329  

It's official. I'm moving my weekly weigh-in day to Tuesday.

Monday morning. Weight up 2 pounds. Obviously sodium as I did not overeat.

S-7ish hours of not great sleep. It got too hot and I didn't have my ceiling fan on.
E-30 minutes, treadmill and weights
B-breakfast quiche
L-turkey soup, yogurt
D-goat cheese and kale quiche that I didn't fix on Friday.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:27 AM   #330  
Workin' It

I like your Superbowl menu, Allison! What is a caprese ladybug?

I ate everything I could get my hands on this weekend. Sigh.
Closed Thread