Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 03-25-2015, 08:52 AM   #16  
Workin' It

I come and go with tasting during cooking - I try to keep a glass of water with me while I cook so I can drink some if I want to snack.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:53 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

DH is now down to part time again. I'm having a leisurely morning as I don't have to get him awake, coax him out of bed, make his brekkie and lunch, etc. I was able to do my yoga workout slowly, instead of rushing through it.

Tonite he will make dinner so again I don't have to rush around.

It's certainly of benefit to us economically to have him working full time but this, briefly, is kinda nice for me. Takes the pressure off to be able to do everything slooowly.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:33 AM   #18  
Workin' It

So, gravity. I'm building an irrigation system for my garden beds made out of PVC pipe, and I forgot all about gravity. Or, I remembered it for a moment when I changed a design that I thought would be foiled by it, but forgot it when I relocated a pipe in that redesign. Back to the drawing board. I'm this close to it working.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:04 AM   #19  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Shannon, I was struggling with exactly the same thing last weekend. We water all of our outdoor plants and vegetables via our rainwater collection tanks (because using municipal water for outdoor watering should be a felony in California these days). But, the relationship between the size of the tank and the amount of water in it and the length of the drip line and the slope of the area covered by the line, all ended up being super complicated. I must have hauled the same main line around the house a dozen times.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:26 PM   #20  

Height: 5'7"

One more day of school, then spring break!

My gosh, March has been the longest month ever for me. I ran 63 miles so far this month. Not sure how much more I will get in since we will be away. DH insists on taking our bikes up to Virginia. It's still cold there! He is wanting to relive riding bikes along the Potomac which we used to do back in the early 80s (BUT IN THE SUMMER!). When you have lived in Florida 30 years, you forget that it's not warm yet up north .. except you all remind me. And DD reminds me as well.

Thursdays, when I teach at night, I am so hyper when I get home for hours that I can't fall asleep. Which is why I am catching up on discussions like this one.

Have a great weekend!
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:17 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Sharon-- happy last day before Spring Break! I have one more week to go. Cannot wait! You're going to Virginia for the break? Have fun!!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:32 AM   #22  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Spring break starts this coming Friday, 4/3. We are heading off to Sedona, AZ that day. My parents have a time-share there, so we've been there at least half a dozen times already, but it never gets old. My parents will be there at the same time, which gives them some grandkid-bonding time (and DH and me some breathing room away from kids :>). I'm looking forward to some hiking, biking, hot-tubbing and window-shopping (maybe actual shopping too). To make it more significant, we'll be celebrating my mom's 80th birthday and DH's and my anniversary (24th) while we're there.
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:55 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Just sorted out all my tax stuff. I like to have it all finished and sent in by Easter Sunday so I don't miss the April 30 deadline. I'm a pretty good (if eclectic) filer of receipts so DH never has much of a problem recording all my stuff. He very graciously took over the tax stuff last year as our federal government now insists everyone file electronically. He IS an accountant so it makes sense for him to do this task.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:30 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

My dh worked on ours yesterday. It's always a grouchy day at our house when he does it. Our tax deadline is April 15 so we need to do it before our cruise that we leave for on Saturday. He also does both of our dd's taxes. It's funny to me because I handle all the bills and other financial matters but he insists on doing the taxes. We hit a bump yesterday when we realized the TurboTax software I bought wouldn't work on my computer (my computer it too outdated). I looked to see if we could use the online program and nope. Dh's computer doesn't have a disk drive so we couldn't use him. Lots of swearing going on at that point. I then remembered hearing that lots of people are unhappy with TurboTax and changing to H&R Block. I hopped over to Amazon, downloaded the program and he was up and running-- cheaper than Turbo Tax and I'm returning it for a refund. Phew...
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote