Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-13-2015, 01:09 PM   #301  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Shannon, that is a very interesting finding. I do like the way you just say "logged them in my book". I like written material.

I tend to avoid measuring myself but I'll measure myself before going to bed.

Food not good enough here. Working on it.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:45 AM   #302  
in development

Default Tuesday

No chance to measure myself before bedtime. It wasn't a completely smooth Monday.

Onwards to Tuesday. I've weighed myself - credit!

B: muesli, summer fruits, cc, ss milk
MMS: apple, cc
L: sardines, carrots, celery, cauli, 4 oatcakes
MAS: apple, remains of some very nice Lancashire cheese
T: spaghetti bolognaise, cabbage

E: MBF. Would like to fit in some walking but not sure how possible that will be.

Credit that I've made a food plan.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:48 AM   #303  
in development

Default Breaking news

We may see the in-laws (actually outlaws, as the SO and I aren't married) in the summer. It's always so physically and mentally demanding, and I do much, much better when I'm fit and not lumpy.

Will this propel me onto a losing track? For it to work, I have to keep in mind the full potential horror of the outlaws - and I don't know whether that's a good idea for my mental health.

As you know, I'm doing quite well with fitness. Not too much exercise to injure myself but probably just enough to keep moving forward. It's eating which is my downfall at present.

It might be better to think forward to my birthday present (a few days holiday in a small, interesting town). This will be a few weeks before any meeting with the outlaws. And then it'll be my birthday. I cannot believe that I'll be 60.

I hope everyone is all right. This thread is rather quiet ...
Old 04-14-2015, 11:57 AM   #304  
Workin' It

Morning all. Or, almost afternoon.

Yesterday afternoon was our big health insurance renewal meeting with the owners for pricing and info. This is the first year we have to fully comply with the new legislation, so we are looking at an additional $525,000 per year to the company. Dealing with the panicked fallout today from the owners and trying to figure out what benefits we can cut and how far we can gut the plans to make them cheaper for us. The entire thing breaks my heart. It is making today difficult.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:17 PM   #305  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Back from vacation, recovering from too much sunscreen, and trying to get reoriented to the "real" world. Happy to report zero change to the scale despite eating ... vacation food. I guess we were active enough to offset it - who knew that standing in line at Universal Studios was so demanding? All in all, it was a terrific break. We all got along well, no one got sunfried, and the only thing I wish I'd had more of is mornings to sleep in.

Silverbirch, I love the "outlaws" reference! I think you should imagine them any way you choose that will motivate you properly. If nothing else, it's temporary and infrequent ...

Shannon, sorry about the down day and having to bear the emotional brunt of the healthcare changes. Sadly, this won't be the end of it.

Back to work. That's a whole 'nother post!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:58 AM   #306  
in development

Default Wednesday

Good morning!

Shannon, that sounds so difficult.

Becky, I hope you're shaking work into position. It sounds as though your holiday's done you good.

A day at the office for me.

B: muesli (am cutting down the amount - I don't understand how it crept up), cc, summer fruits, ss milk
MMS: banana, cc
L: sardines, raw carrot/celery/cauli. No oatcakes. Usually this backfires on me around 4pm but the SO is making tea tonight so I can avoid the kitchen.
MAS: apple, 3 nuts?
T: SO will surprise and delight us.

E: hoping to fit in mobility-based flexibility routine at office. Also a walk - though I realise this is optimistic.

I have weighed myself but still not hacked out the space to measure and write down.

Good luck, all.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:27 AM   #307  
Workin' It

Welcome back from vacation, Becky!

And, yes - it did get worse. Now I have to tell people that their insurance premiums are going to double to keep the lower deductible plan, or only increase by 15% for a plan with a higher deductible and lower coinsurance. Also, they will lose their vacation and their bonus effective June 1 when the premiums go up.

Sometimes I think I'm in the wrong business.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:15 AM   #308  
in development

Could it be time for a change, Shannon? You've been there ages.

I have not kept closely to my plan as some extra items have crept in. Let's leave it there. Usual time - around 4pm.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:37 PM   #309  
Workin' It

The thought has crossed my mind, Birchie. Believe me.

On the upside, my diet and exercise has been great. I've used the elliptical machine to work off a lot of stress.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:21 PM   #310  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Shannon, I don't get why the employees will lose their vacations and bonuses due to the increase in healthcare.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:55 PM   #311  
Workin' It

Allison - this is our first year fully compliant with the ACA regs, so health insurance is going to cost us $728k per year, which is an increase of $525k over who we covered last year. They now feel the need to make back up the half a million to the bottom line from other places. Like vacation and bonus. Sadly, I've seen other companies do this, too.

My people did come back today and are reconsidering the vacation, but the bonus program is likely a goner. We paid out a significant amount in bonus to hourly employees last year.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:13 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

That's really sad, Shannon. We're ACA compliant (although we could have been grandmothered in and wait another year) and it didn't raise our premiums much. Granted we're a small company but we've always provided full insurance benefits for our full time employees (and the only two employees who are part time are already on Medicare).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:01 PM   #313  
Recovering Pantry Pest

I'm having that infamous "tomorrow I get started for real" kind of evening. I have a refrigerator and pantry full of good food and a mindset ready to jump out of bed tomorrow and get with the program. I even have a meal plan set up for the week. The house is clean so I can get to the gym, the spouse is leaving for a week, and DS15 leaves for Memphis on Thursday morning.

There were a couple of vacation pictures that sort of highlighted the extra pounds and my general lack of condition. It's not how I want to look/feel when we get to summer.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:57 PM   #314  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Day 1 on plan - 1535 high-quality calories. Starting from 158 as of this morning. I'm a great maintainer, just not at the weight I'd like to be!
Old 04-21-2015, 08:28 AM   #315  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Hello! Still hanging in there at the same weight I was last time I posted. Have been a bit off track lately -- not horribly, but enough to maintain instead of losing. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. I did get some exercise last week. I had a 45 minute gap for lunch between two meetings, and despite all the excuses I could have made up, I went out and ran a mile around the lake instead of just eating at my desk. Plantar fasciitis is acting up some but it feels good to get out there and to know that I can still run a mile, in a reasonable amount of time (13 minutes).

Having someone ask me if I was pregnant on Saturday gives me the kick in the pants to get back to business again. Sigh.

Meanwhile, my parents are coming out for the twins' birthday next week, and I'm taking three days off to hang out and do stuff with them and the kids, so food will probably be a mess. Some of you may remember that my dad has an urgent need to go out to eat at least 2 meals per day and only eat unhealthy food (BTW, this is how I ended up fat in the first place as a teen, so I have a lot of Issues about food and my parents). Now that we're able to take the kids out to restaurants I expect we'll be eating a lot of junk while they're in town. I will try to rein in the portions and make good choices. On the other hand, it's my kids' birthday so there will be cake, and I am absolutely going to eat their birthday cake with them.

Last edited by paperclippy; 04-21-2015 at 08:28 AM.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote