Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-21-2015, 11:48 AM   #211  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

raven90 and welcome to 3FC! Do have a good look round and post wherever you like.

Busy and complicated times chez Birch as we work towards my uncle moving to live in a nursing home. The long and the short of it is that I seem to be the only person who can cope with the whole lot. Others cannot cope with different bits (bureaucracy, finance, frailty, strong emotions, flashbacks, old girlfriends, you name it) so I am soldiering on. On phone, on a train, or I'd tell you about some of the completely crazy logistics and surreal moments: so you are spared.

View of the starkers silverbirch in my mother's mirror: quite good posture, quite good muscles but some very bad swathes of fat.

Just reporting in. I have to stay on the case.

Very tired. An early night tonight and hope I sleep well.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:40 AM   #212  
Workin' It

Good morning, all. I made it through the weekend well, and weight is down a pound from Friday so I'll call that a win. We were at a chess tournament on Saturday, then a nice dinner out Saturday night. I exercised for close to 2 hours yesterday afternoon - DH had to go in to work and I was dead last in a weekend steps challenge, so had to catch up. I ended up coming in second.

Today:
B & L - leftover chicken stir fry, larger portion that normal for either meal and out of yogurt, so I'll combine it for both
S - banana
D - chicken & veggie stir fry
E - if it stops raining I'll run over lunch, otherwise elliptical when I get home
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:26 PM   #213  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Hello! I am way behind, work has been nuts and life has been extremely busy the last week or two; this week promises to be even busier. Didn't make it to the gym last week at all and only one day of the week before thanks to work eating up my lunch breaks. Also, I hurt my back so am giving it some time to recover (not sure what I did, probably picked up the kids in an awkward position). And to top it off, I caught a cold.

But the good news is that I've been so busy I don't have time to eat a lot, which means my weight is heading down. Hoping that is not muscle loss from not going to the gym. Now at 156.0, hopefully 155.x by the end of this week. Then it will be time to try on my wedding ring again and see if it fits yet.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:42 PM   #214  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

I'm in a holding pattern waiting for this cold virus to give up. My ears are finally clearing, nose is not too bad ... but the crud has sought refuge in my lungs. Nothing grave, just weird rattles and crackles and occasional bouts of hard hacking to get it out. I am working from home so I don't annoy or concern my coworkers.

I haven't bothered to weigh in the last few days. Nyquil is all full of artificial colors and I *know* what I will find if I get on the scale. Not gonna happen right now.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:05 AM   #215  
Workin' It

I'm pretty sure I'm sick again. Or never really recovered from the first time. Head is congested, throat hurts, can't stop coughing, and I'm hearing crackling and echoes everything I move my head. Bah.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:39 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 138/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Well my last Wednesday weigh in was 148, and this week it was 144! Yay. I was worried this morning about what it would be. Especially worried since I ate way too much nuts and chocolate last night. Usually I weigh daily, but I am trying something new. I may go back to daily but for now I will wait for next Wednesday. I am going to continue working out - and more importantly for me counting my calories. This week I will try to get a few days at 1200-1300 and a few 1400-1600 and one cheat day. And a few extra workouts.
raven90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:57 PM   #217  
Workin' It

Hi Raven! I saw your post yesterday but didn't say hey. Good job on the weigh in!

And yes, I am definitely sick. Blergh.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:26 AM   #218  
slow and steady

Hello! My crazy week of work is done and this week seems like it will be much less crazy. I haven't been to the gym in three weeks, but I'm losing weight. Hopefully that doesn't mean I'm losing muscle but I probably am. Down to 155 now which is the lowest I've been since a very long time ago, but still way higher than I want to be. 20lbs to go still. I tried on my wedding ring and I can get it on, but it's not comfortable so I'm still not wearing it. Sigh.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:46 AM   #219  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Jessica! So good to see you. I was starting to wonder where we all were (myself included). Life is very demanding at present.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:01 PM   #220  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

I'm almost recovered from my cold; no further reason to let it hold me up from doing anything. And I've eaten my comfort foods, and rested plenty. Now it's time to get back to business. Just in time to take a long weekend with my girlfriends, LOL! I will be mindful til Monday, and then will implement more aggressive plans.

I too have been time-compromised. I was out of commission solidly for multiple days due to illness, and now I'm still making up for lost time. Messy, at best.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:01 PM   #221  
Workin' It

Becky - make sure you take your cold seriously, in case it is more than that.

I finally made it to the doctor yesterday after trying off and on for two weeks. I have a severely impacted sinus infection, bronchitis and am on the cusp of walking pneumonia. I have stern warnings to rest, take things more seriously, and drink lots of hot tea and water. My doc says this flu b strain and the flu mocking virus is doing all kinds of crazy stuff and she suspects that I was exposed to it in early January, ignored it, let congestiom build up in my sinuses and grab a hold of bacteria and then move all over willy nilly. It took me near to two weeks to get in to the doctor, because I was only saying sinus infection when I called which wasn't critical when they were looking at 150+ patients a day who were really sick in the last two weeks, plus some weather closures.

I've done a good job with no comfort foods the last week or so, I haven't been hungry for any foods at all so that has helped. Messy here, too.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:40 PM   #222  

Well I didn't do as well this week as I would have liked. I did good on the exercise - but not on my calorie count. Tommorrow I will weigh in and I am hoping to at least have maintained my current weight.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:25 AM   #223  
slow and steady

This week has been kind of a mess but I'm holding steady at 155. TOM plus having a couple appointments eat chunks out of my workday that I have to make up over the lunch hour. Lack of lunch hour = no gym, TOM = bloating and chocolate cravings. Plus celebrating my promotion with champagne and mug cake the other night.

I am so ready for spring. I feel like everything will be easier when I can get outside and walk or jog. Maybe I'll finally make good use of the jogging stroller if I can get the kids to sit still for that long. Right now it's totally useless as the sidewalks are all covered with snow!
Old 03-05-2015, 11:58 AM   #224  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

Hello everyone! It's been a bit since I've last checked in.

Weight loss has been slow going around here (what a shock! ), but I've finally lost another pound. 3 pounds away from my goal. Feeling like I can do this.

paperclippy~ Me too! I adore spring.

raven~ Good work with the exercise! I hope your weigh in goes well.

Shannon~ I hope you feel much better.

Last edited by nineteen; 03-05-2015 at 12:00 PM.
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:35 PM   #225  

Shannon in ATL thanks
nineteen thanks - good job - only 3lbs from your goal that is good.

Right now I am resisting the 4 dozen chocolate chip cookies my grandma made... I'm on an extended visit so I haven't been able to control what sweets go into the kitchen. I will be going back to my house in a few weeks so I think that will make things a bit easier. I don't keep a constant supply of oreos and ice cream like there has been here. I have been trying to get back into the 130s since the holidays. I know I don't have to eat it but I think it is easier when it is not there. I think chocolate is my biggest diet downfall. Yesterday I did well - got in 2 30min workouts and had 1390 calories. Today I did one 30 min workout.