Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-05-2014, 02:43 PM   #31  

Height: 5'7"

I've had a really busy week - 3 day field trip with really long days. Kids were presenting a simulator they wrote. It was so fun, but very long days, and I'm totally exhausted and I still have to teach tomorrow 8-1. It is a make up class for the Thurs night college class I couldn't teach because I was on my field trip. Left school early because we have a water leak - in the wall! But the plumber found it quickly and patched it but will come back next week to fix it properly.

DH and I have to go to a holiday party for his work Sat night. Bleh, don't really want to go. Don't even know what to wear - they said "holiday clothes". Don't want to buy something and don't have time to do so but I don't really have anything I can think of to wear.

With all the running I've been doing, even though my weight has stayed right around 142, I am down to a size 6! I have NEVER been a 6 before. And I was only an 8 for about one day the other times I have lost weight. Also, been doing strength/weight training 2x a week and I think that may have helped as well. I have slowly been buying smaller sizes and for every item I bring in I try to get rid of 3 bigger sized clothes. Too much stuff! But I haven't purchased many winter/holiday clothes because we can barely wear them here in FL.
Sunday we are going biking - and I need to complete my half way decorated Christmas tree which I started last Sunday and have not had time or energy to do anything with.
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:13 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I think my almost daily yoga has save me again. I had a young dog pull me down on to an asphalt bike path today. Landed basically on my chin, palms, and pelvis - hard enough to slightly (TMI) pee myself. Good thing I had my mouth open to yell "no" at the young a**hole or I would have had some really expensive dental repair that I can't afford.

I will have spectacular bruising on the underside of my chin and some on my palms but I think other wise I'll be OK. I do have to do a dinner walk tonite and emailed my clients that it'll be shortened. This could have been a whole lot worse but I thank my flexibility and balance derived from the yoga yet again.

And DH is going to have to load my snow tires into my car to go to the mechanic tomorrow.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 07:26 AM   #33  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I'm sorry you got hurt, Dagmar.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:20 AM   #34  

Congrats CalCounter on your smaller size! Exercise is great. But Dagmar what happened to you is scary. Biking is the main exercise Karen and I get, on a paved trail to the top of a small mountain, almost every day most of the year. We see coyotes a lot, but so far the main problem has been an occasional aggressive dog. Dagmar I hope it never happens again!
ChrisMohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMohr View Post
Congrats CalCounter on your smaller size! Exercise is great. But Dagmar what happened to you is scary. Biking is the main exercise Karen and I get, on a paved trail to the top of a small mountain, almost every day most of the year. We see coyotes a lot, but so far the main problem has been an occasional aggressive dog. Dagmar I hope it never happens again!
Sorry my post was kinda confused - I was walking this dog along a bike and pedestrian path on the way to my car. He was attached to a leash and leapt in front of me to jump on the other 2 dogs with me. To my credit (or to my stupidity) I did manage to keep all 3 dogs with me when I fell. My chin is quite spectacular today - the doctor was impressed - but everything else seems fine.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 03:10 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

We just wrapped up the second day of our garage sale. We got rid of a lot of accumulated crap, brought in $623.01 but still have some stuff left for donations. In all, a productive weekend so far. I still have to do the weekly grocery shopping and I'm leaving DH home to put up some Christmas lights so I don't feel so bah-humbug this year.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote