Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 08:52 AM   #271  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

My lower weight has held steady for two days. I'm hopeful that it will remain there through the weekend despite all the festivities. Although one dinner has been cancelled, it has been replaced with a lunch at a restaurant. I'll be good, I'm sure.

I'm also hopeful that the stress level will go down either today or after today.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:09 AM   #272  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Somehow despite being at 160 yesterday morning, skipping my workout, and eating junk food that I totally didn't need to eat (one of those cheapo apple pie thingies that are not very good, 470 calories I really didn't need and didn't even enjoy, plus licking the bowl after making a Thanksgiving dessert, an unnecessary glass of wine, and a handful of marshmallows), I am back at 158 this morning. I'll take it.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. It's so frustrating to me because I know I can lose weight, I've done it before, but I have this huge mental block about it right now and winter isn't helping. My sister asked for suggestions for holiday presents and I asked for a cookbook of healthy slow-cooker recipes that will hopefully help us be more on track as a family through the winter.

Allison, hope your stress goes away soon!
Old 11-26-2014, 01:03 PM   #273  
Workin' It

I'm now past lunchtime on my third day back on track with food. I had to drive to one of our locations that is 2 hours from my house, so I packed a bag of snacks to keep me from eating onion rings at the counter.

Jessica & Allison
Old 11-26-2014, 08:31 PM   #274  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

First weigh-in after returning from conference week: 124.6. That's my lowest weight in MONTHS. Guess I'm crediting carb-cycling (I was fully on plan during my week away) plus de-stressing. Whatever; I'll take it.

Jessica, I never pay for cookbooks anymore. Take a look at this site: http://www.cookinglight.com/food/top...oker-favorites
or this one: http://greatist.com/health/healthy-crock-pot-recipes

I'm also pleased that we're not cooking t-giving at my house this year (first time in 4 years), so I won't have to cook (much) nor will there be leftovers to deal with. I've never been a big fan of roast turkey and I really don't like stuffing, so this is all good.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:27 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Wahoo, Andrea! That's awesome!
Old 11-27-2014, 04:57 AM   #276  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Congrats, Jessica, on the lower scale and Shannon for being on track with food. Andrea, that's fantastic news! It's such a great feeling to find something that works. I hope you can find more ways to de-stress your life too.

Yesterday, DH came home early due to the storm and we ate dinner together (normally our schedules are too incompatible to eat together except on weekends), so I didn't end up fasting but it was pretty low calorie. We shared a big broccoli and cheese scramble and I also had fruit and roasted red peppers. It was what I'm calling a "light" day, which doesn't have any starch or dessert but it still isn't seriously low carb because of the fruit and veg. My weight is 138.0. Today's challenge: a day filled with enticing goodies at the family gathering as well as the main meal. I intend to sample the goodies but save room for the main meal and generally avoid over-stuffing myself. Also, to get in some walking and I'm on the treadmill now because I won't have time later.

I wish everyone in the U.S. a happy, healthy, and low-stress Thanksgiving!

Last edited by yoyoma; 11-27-2014 at 07:10 AM.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:09 AM   #277  

The Thanksgiving blip hit me. I think I jumped 3 or 4 pounds over night. I'm not at all happy about it but I do believe it is very temporary as I did not overeat at all. We'll maybe a bit too much hash browns in the morning but we didn't have lunch so I think it was okay to do that.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:32 PM   #278  

Height: 5'7"

I jumped up three pounds from Thanksgiving as well. I ran a 5k that morning and didn't really feel like I ate that much! Then left overs last night and today was at the same three pounds up. Today I ran 3.2 miles but it's DDs last day here so we ate at a fav pizza place for lunch and eating at a nice place where we will have wine soon on the way to airport.

I have my annual three day field trip Tues-Thurs this week where my students present a simulation program they wrote and they feed us fancy lunches with dessert and a very nice dinner on Thursday. So I may be up for another week! But I am biking tomorrow, running Monday and then there is a 5k at the convention center I'm doing on Wednesday. So at least I'll be exercising!
Old 11-30-2014, 10:43 AM   #279  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Good news: looks like I evened out over the holidays - I'm at 129 this week which is the same as last.

Bad news: I did it by eating junk a lot more often than normal - cookies, takeout, lots of breads, not very many veggies at all, and the end result was that I started feeling very sick last night in a way that I used to when I was overweight, my body telling me it's not getting enough nutrients. A multivitamin got me feeling better, but I need to go back to eating less starches and more veggies, even if it does mean more weight loss.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:02 PM   #280  

Add me to those that gained over Thanksgiving. I'm trying not to be discouraged and just refocus. I had lost 4.6 pounds and the scale is showing almost all of the loss wiped out. I'm food prepping today and am hoping to get it back off quickly. I dropped my last dd off at the airport and dh also left so I have zero excuses. Trying not to feel blech while my back still is iffy, I have a horrible stye in my eye, and all sorts of beautiful spots where the dermatologist burned stuff off (and one biopsy). I know I shouldn't complain while our own Saef is struggling just to do the most basic of functions. I'll keep reminding myself of that.

Off for more food prepping and bikram yoga!

Last edited by traveling michele; 11-30-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:12 PM   #281  
Workin' It

Another one up after Thanksgiving. I've pretty much wiped out the 8 pound loss from before the trip in October and am right back up where I was in July.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:45 PM   #282  

Well, I feel kind of lucky. My weight is within 1 pound of what it was before Thanksgiving. Yesterday helped--a long drive to see my uncle and then another long drive back. I was wiped out from that and the holiday and we ordered pizza for dinner and I only had 2 slices and went to bed early.

Back to the old grind tomorrow with my 4 am wakeup call to workout. I skipped Thursday and Friday this week for obvious reasons.

So yesterday my Dad, who has had minor but chronic nosebleeds for about 1 1/2 weeks and had been taken to the ER twice now when they got bad (my FIL took him Tuesday and then he took out the packing 36 hours before he was supposed to) has had little to no bleeding. I was thinking it was finally over. But DH and I think he was pretty upset at seeing his brother in his condition and broke down and probably cried and then blew his nose that caused him to have nosebleeds all night long. I took him back to the ER this afternoon and brought him home with a balloon up his nose that hopefully will stay there until he's home and sees an ENT.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:44 AM   #283  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Allison, sorry to hear your Dad is having a hard time. Hopefully an ENT can get get his bleeding under control.

Those of you who gained weight are probably looking at mostly water weight. It's so discouraging to see a jump on the scale (and I realize that's an understatement). But get back on track and most of the extra weight will go away in a few days.

I avoided the scale since before T-Day but this morning I decided to face the music. I totally expected to see a jump up; I even told the flu shot nurse I weighed 140 because I figured I might as well own it and thought that was probably too low. But I checked in this morning at 137.8! If I had to guess why it's that low, I'd say that I've walked less in the past few days so maybe there's less water in my muscles (obviously not a strategy that will work long term for weight loss). That said, I would also credit my WOE at helping to limit the upside, but it can't take full credit since I have been indulging.

Last edited by yoyoma; 12-02-2014 at 07:53 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #284  

My weight is slightly up. But I blame two nights of bad sleep. It's not right to wake at 1 AM and not be able to get back to sleep at all. It doesn't help having a cat pounce on you, either. This morning, since I have to take my Dad to the airport, I could sleep in an hour, so I did. We had to lock the cat up in the bathroom. It felt good to sleep a bit.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:24 AM   #285  

My weight is down slightly but still up 3 pounds.

Allison-- I hope your dad gets home safe and sound!!

I also had poor sleep. Not enough and bad dreams. My back is hurting worse this morning so not sure if my sleep had something to do with that too.

It's pouring here. It's all the news can talk about since we are in such a major drought. I spent way too much time this morning trying to find shoes that wouldn't get ruined in the rain. I came to work finally and just ordered rain boots off Amazon. I'm sure as soon as they come, the deluge will end.
Closed Thread