Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 10:26 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I'm an amazon addict, Bargoo. Big time.

Also shop from other sites too. I try to shop when there are free returns and shipping. I also use ebates to get further discounts and cash back. If you want to sign up for ebates, send me a PM and I'll give you my details. When friends sign up, you get credits too!
Old 10-10-2014, 10:37 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
I'm an amazon addict, Bargoo. Big time.

Also shop from other sites too. I try to shop when there are free returns and shipping. I also use ebates to get further discounts and cash back. If you want to sign up for ebates, send me a PM and I'll give you my details. When friends sign up, you get credits too!
I do have ebates but have not used it for clothing. I will have to try the clothing next. I have used ebates but mostly for household items.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:04 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'm addicted to online shopping. I really dislike going to the store any more! Amazon, Zappos, etsy, eBay, etc. I'm rarely disappointed.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:35 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

It's our Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. I'm letting someone else prepare most of the food - a great Portugese place does terrific rotisserie turkeys and I'm getting roasted veggies and gravy from them as well. All I have to cook is the brown/wild rice and a "muskoka" salad - mixed greens with strawberries, blueberries, and pecans.

Dessert will be a great coffee cake from a local place and some buttertarts from an Italian bakery.

I am an adequate cook. I do well with crock pot stuff and with meals for two. Cooking for 6 is not my thing as I've discovered from two past experiences.

And I haven't seen two of my guests in over 30 and 40 years respectively and will probably never be face-to-face with them again. This is not an evening to spend in the kitchen.

Dagmar
Old 10-11-2014, 07:39 AM   #80  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Have a lovely time, Dagmar. Good planning!
Old 10-11-2014, 08:17 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 169/135/140

Height: 5ft 5.5 in

Rotisserie turkey sounds great.Have a nice Thanksgiving Dagmar and all our Canadian chicks.I am going to my sisters and we will have a super meal and enjoy Thanksgiving.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:38 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Dagmar, your planned meal sounds delicious! I hope you have a great time catching up with those folks.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, apo9, and everyone in Canada! Apo, I have the same strategy for our T-Day. I'm lucky that my sister-in-law likes to host.

The pot luck at work was fantastic. Amazing variety of foods. Without a sign-up sheet, I thought everyone would bring apple crisp (it was fall foods theme) but there was just one apple pie and most ppl brought entrees.

We are going to a show tonight so I will be eating out but I have no idea where that will be yet. We'll browse the Groupons to see if there's anything worth trying. The scale is at 139.4 this morning.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:43 AM   #83  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Saef, not only is there no difference between 154.7 and 155.1 (it's rounding error for heaven's sake), I've become convinced that the major difference over a full 2 pound range is water retention, glycogen stores and, umm, waste products. So as long as I see my "low weight" over the course of a week, I'm calm.

Of course, I haven't seen my goal weight in over 2 months now, so I KNOW I have a regain. I can also see it in the mirror (I was deeply unhappy at the VS store last night, where I ventured because they sent me a flyer for their new line and I really wanted to try on on of the bras, with a cool criss-cross back (this one, for the record). Every extra pound seemed to be padding my belly and thighs, adding curves where none should be. I was deeply unhappy and vowed to lose them again ASAP. We shall see whether the emotion from last night can keep me motivated for the next month, which is how long it will take if I'm trying hard.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:16 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I've dropped below 160! First time since February, I think. Slow and steady. Maybe this will keep it off (instead of a fast loss and then trying to transition to maintenance). Slow loss with a maintenance diet and moderate exercise.

DH went to a nutritionist yesterday who evaluated him on his exercise and diet. Basically he's doing everything right to lose weight and keep on top of his diabetes. I suppose I was credited with making healthy food! He got top marks for his diet. He needs to up his exercise (which I've tried to explain to him but hearing it from an 'expert' must have helped because he's already planning on his strategy to move from 20 minutes 4 time a week to 30 minutes 4 times a week and once on the weekend to go up to 45 minutes).
Old 10-11-2014, 04:31 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Happy thanksgiving Dagmar!

Great news on the losing front, Allison.

Sorry Andrea for the depressing shopping at vs.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:26 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 169/135/140

Height: 5ft 5.5 in

We went to my sisters house for Thanksgiving and I was very very bad.In the spirit of this site I must be truthful and accountable.
We had a lovely dinner and I did not overdo it with food,just one plate,no dessertBUT...I lost track of my wine and got plastered.I am full of shame that I did not control my drinking.I even fell down and had to be carried to the car.
We were laughing and dancing and singing and then I had to spoil it.
I am not going to drink any alcohol till we go on our trip to Europe in December.
It is a good thing I am working for the next 3 days.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:33 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Quote:
Originally Posted by apo9 View Post
We went to my sisters house for Thanksgiving and I was very very bad.In the spirit of this site I must be truthful and accountable.
We had a lovely dinner and I did not overdo it with food,just one plate,no dessertBUT...I lost track of my wine and got plastered.I am full of shame that I did not control my drinking.I even fell down and had to be carried to the car.
We were laughing and dancing and singing and then I had to spoil it.
I am not going to drink any alcohol till we go on our trip to Europe in December.
It is a good thing I am working for the next 3 days.
You didn't spoil anything apo9. You did very well with the food. Drinking more than usual is very common at family events. Next year you can all laugh about it and it will become one of the "family stories"

My big challenge tonite will be to stay away from the booze and the sweets after everyone leaves. I tend to be an anxious hostess and, once the party is over and the guests are gone, I tend to alleviate that anxiety with too much dessert and booze. DH is a willing participant in this as he IS anxious about my family always. I have to keep this in mind and remind him we are going to try to go kayaking tomorrow so need to stay sober and healthy.

Dagmar
Old 10-13-2014, 09:40 AM   #88  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Happy thanksgiving to the Canadians!

Allison, congrats at getting below 160! Hopefully I will join you there soon.

I'm recommitting this week after a few off-kilter weeks. I asked DH to help me out since he's been complaining about his weight some too, and also because nowadays he does most of the cooking. This is what I told him:
1) No more desserts in the house. Once a week we can go buy single-serve dessert.
2) More vegetables in every meal. I need half my plate to be veggies if I'm going to be successful with this, and lately he's been not bothering to cook veggies.

The other pieces are on me: exercise on my lunch breaks, and don't eat seconds at dinnertime. Some day I really want to not look like I'm pregnant anymore, and if I keep slacking off I will never get there.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:39 AM   #89  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Back up to 158.

But I reached a milestone by finishing the New Rules of Lifting for Women program.

When I began the New Rules of Lifting for Women program, back in April, I weighed 150, which I didn't like much.

I've definitely put on muscle, but not all of this is muscle.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:01 AM   #90  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

I had a great time tasting every beer within reach last weekend; now it's back to the trenches.

Yesterday I had my followup thyroid appointment which is typically every six months. I was 158.5 first thing in the morning on my scale, but only 154 clothed at the doctor's office. Naturally, I asked about the scale calibration! The nurse pointed to the sticker on the side and it had been calibrated the prior month. I dunno. The lower number does not change anything about what I can see in the mirror and how my clothes fit - it could have read 112 and it wouldn't have changed anything.

My total cholesterol and LDL remains high (239/151 respectively), but with a high HDL and great ratio and truly phenomenal family history on both sides - no one on either side has ever had a heart attack or any cardiac disease - the doc and I agreed to do one VAP test and if it's good, quit discussing it. Shucks, I quit discussing it years ago, but he promised to drop it if all the other markers came back in line. I'm glad we're on the same page about the cholesterol myth; I like believing that my doc is more interested in my well-being than making a pharm rep happy.
Closed Thread