Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-29-2014, 07:19 AM   #16  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Dagmar, that's going to be one happy, lucky dog! Best wishes for a successful match!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:41 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

So excited for you Dagmar!!! When was the last time you had a dog? So, you haven't met any of the potential dogs? What breeds are they?
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:26 PM   #18  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Exciting, Dagmar! I look forward to seeing photos when you get your new doggie pal.

Speaking of dogs, something new is going on with Carter. I don't know what's up, but this week both times DH has gone out on a run with the girls in the jogging stroller, he's come back to find that Carter has destroyed something (a cardboard box, a bag of wipes). He only does it when they're out running -- they go out other places all day long and he's totally fine. I'm pretty clueless about this. We have been thinking more and more lately that it may be time to make the decision to put him down for many reasons; this may be just one more mainfestation of his aggression/anxiety issues despite the medication he's on.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:07 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperclippy View Post
Exciting, Dagmar! I look forward to seeing photos when you get your new doggie pal.

Speaking of dogs, something new is going on with Carter. I don't know what's up, but this week both times DH has gone out on a run with the girls in the jogging stroller, he's come back to find that Carter has destroyed something (a cardboard box, a bag of wipes). He only does it when they're out running -- they go out other places all day long and he's totally fine. I'm pretty clueless about this. We have been thinking more and more lately that it may be time to make the decision to put him down for many reasons; this may be just one more mainfestation of his aggression/anxiety issues despite the medication he's on.
I'm so sorry Jessica. You haven't mentioned Carter in a while and I was hoping the meds were working.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:34 AM   #20  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

Good luck getting a great dog, Dagmar!

I'm feeling excited today. I regained about 2-3 lbs over the summer while at home. It may not seem like much, but at my weight it feels like it is both mentally and aesthetically. But now that I'm back at school, in only a week and a half I've taken off that regain and dropped even lower to a new low, under 140 lbs. I can't remember ever being under 140 lbs. It's a great feeling and I'm definitely enjoying moments of narcissim getting dressed every morning.

Last edited by Chronostasis; 08-31-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:16 PM   #21  

Height: 5'7"

Yay Dagmar! Can't wait to hear all about the new dog!
Since I only joined the maintenance group until Feb I didn't realize you had moved recently.

I forgot if I mentioned here that my DS got a rescue dog last Feb or March and he attacked my little schitzu mix. It was a miracle our little dog wasn't hurt worse. My DS doesn't live with us but he and GF are over quite a bit and we watch their dogs a lot when they travel so they returned him the next day. It was awful - both he and GF were so upset as were we. Anyway, they ended up getting a puppy - golden retriever who is now 9 months. None of us were happy about them buying a dog instead of rescuing but their other dog is a rescue and he has a lot of issues (was apparently abused and so afraid of everything - even after two years). He has come A LONG way with my DS's help but they just felt that they would start with a puppy. Of course the shelter had puppies but down here in FL most of them are Pit Bulls - and I know, nothing wrong with Pit Bulls if they are raised properly but that just isn't their type of dog.

Well... I am supposed to be grading the final exams for the online class I teach which ends today. Whenever I grade them, it takes so long, but I always remind myself how grateful I am to have the job for the extra $ and that is just part of it!
Back at it.
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote