Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-29-2014, 12:24 PM   #16  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Dagmar, so sorry to hear about Mudpie.

Summer has been crazy but it's almost over and then I will need to be hanging out here more.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:06 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

[QUOTE=Mudpie;5047470]We're putting Mudpie the cat to sleep this morning. We came home from a wedding last night and found her sleeping in her own urine. She's been disoriented, falling a lot, and in pain for the last few days, despite the meds.

It's time. Best cat EVER! We will miss her tremendously.

So sorry for your loss, I know this is difficult.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:14 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
After a very, very nice week in Napa and Sequim, Washington, we're back home ready to tackle that which has stacked up in our absence. It's not going to be pretty.

While we were gone one day saw our high temperature of 116 and the following day we had torrential rain. We should see another 116 later this week, but the monsoonal flow continues.
Was there a wedding ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:49 AM   #19  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

These are the saddest posts on this forum, when animals with whom we're all familiar from peoples' accounts of their days & nights have to be put down or given up for adoption.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:34 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Was there a wedding ?
It was at Hans Fahden winery in Calistoga, CA. They have some man-made caves that they used to use for wine storage and now they use the caves for wine dinners and wedding dinners. The wedding was outdoors. Let me see if I can attach a couple photos...boat
couple
with cousins at reception
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:00 PM   #21  

Height: 5'7"

Dagmar - hope you are doing okay. It's just so painful to lose a pet. Last one I lost was our golden retriever exactly two years ago. I still miss him.

Michele - Enjoy London! I'm sure you will walk a lot there so you can indulge in desserts a little!

Allinnel - beautiful pictures! Makes me miss CA! And secretly hoping my DS gets engaged to his GF, whom I adore.

Been getting quotes to get the tree(s) cut down. It is a tree with 3 trunks going 3 different directions. The one that will fall on neighbors house is apparently leaning against another of our trees which is why it hasn't fallen. eeek! The lowest quote we got, 1500, makes me nervous because it is two older gentleman and one had a bad limp. Then the highest so far, 2700, was from a company that got bad reviews online. Waiting for one more quote and then hoping to get it down on Friday. The crazy thing is they all have said it is so unstable as soon as they cut down any limb it will be out of balance and will fall on neighbors house anyway.

Also... on the side of our house the fence blew over the day after we got back. We are done with houses! We want a condo next, in Monterey! It is our fault on the fence and probably the tree because we simply ignore the backyard.

Now I must face the task of getting fence quotes.

At least I am a healthy weight - and a normal BMI! A year ago is when I was just starting to lose - had just given up diet soda and started walking and dieting.
I lost another pound since I got back from my trip ... 142. I don't want to lose anymore but do want to build up muscle - going to try out a couple gyms for just strength training next week!
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:47 PM   #22  
Workin' It

I'm so sorry to hear about Mudpie, Dagmar.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:46 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Thanks again everyone. It is really hard to lose a beloved pet but we knew Mud was failing back in December. We managed to give her a bit more of her life with pain meds and she did seem to enjoy the new house and garden up until about June. Poor Mishi never enjoyed this house and he was afraid to go out into the yard. His death was the really sad one for us because he was so sad. Mud was the princess for the last 3 months of her life and she LOVED that!

All of this is leading up to me announcing that we will probably be adopting another female tortie this weekend. We are looking at three. We will always cherish our 16+ years with Mudpie and getting a new girl so soon is in no way going to diminish how important Mud was and will continue to be to us.

Pets complete me and make me happy. Not having one, when there are so many waiting to be adopted, seems kinda stupid. So we are going to go ahead and get a new girl and start to get to know her and love her like we did Mud and Mishi.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:58 PM   #24  

As hard as it is to lose a fur baby, I do agree that getting another one soon after losing one is really helpful. We got Bogey just two weeks after putting Chico down and it has helped to ease the pain of his loss. He'll never be replaced and will always have the largest part of my heart. Bogey is such an opposite dog than Chico was and he was certainly a challenge to start with but I'm so glad we have him.

Now if I could just convince DH that we need another kitty...A local shelter is having a "sale"--two cats for $22! DH joked that he's not that hungry. LOL--this is a joke based on us coming into the kitchen last night to fix dinner and Ringo, who is not allowed on the counters or table, was lounging on DH's place mat.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:31 PM   #25  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

First time here in a while. Nice to catch up.

Happy birthday Bargoo!!!

Dagmar, so sorry to hear about Mudpie.

Thinking back to my first months on 3fc after a friend told me she is setting small weekly goals, accomplishing them, and feeling really good about it.

3fc community helped me feel really good about achieving goals. So, first goal is to get some movement in tomorrow. It's been a very long time.

Looking forward to reconnecting to old friends, and making new ones here on 3fc maintainers' chat thread.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:24 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Ward and Kitty Welcome back!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:26 AM   #27  

Happy belated birthday, Bargoo!!!
Old 07-31-2014, 10:07 AM   #28  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy
Birthday
Bargoo
May your horses and your lottery tickets win today.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:41 AM   #29  
Workin' It

Happy birthday Bargoo!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:34 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Happy birthday Bargoo! Hope you're feeling well and enjoying your birthday.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote