3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Living Maintenance

Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Maintainers Weekly Chat June 30 - July 6

Old 07-03-2014, 09:53 AM   #16

S/C/G: 178/119/125

Height: 5'5"

Krampus.... Are you feeling better? I hope so!

One night in Napa and I'm up 5 pounds! I pray sodium is a big part of it! I'm worried with all of the traveling and celebrating I have in the next month plus. Gotta reign it in big time!

2014 workout goals:
365 total workouts including a minimum of 250 bikram yoga classes

So far:
183/365 workouts
155 bikram yogas
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:23 PM   #17
Chuggin' along...

Hi all,
I'm back from my work week in Texas and right back into the busyness that is my office right now. A few of our new staff started this week which is really exciting bc there will be more help around! My trip was great and I'm really glad I got to go (I'm not allowed to travel often for work). I learned a lot and we had a great group to work with. Of course I didn't have much time to play tourist but I did get to have one really good breakfast burrito, got on the water a lot, and got to drive all the way to see the Bahia Grande near the Mexican border. The worst part of the trip was the travel and having to arrive at 3 AM and trying to stay awake driving the rental car, then having to do the same and leave at 2 AM to make our flights.

I missed yoga while I was gone last week. It felt so good last night. I've become a true convert. I can't believe when I started doing yoga 3 years ago I just looked at it as a good stretch, and hoped at some point I'd get some mental benefits. It keeps me sane and grounded.

We ate at our rental house for the week and back home I've continued to not have much an appetite because of the heat, and been active, so my pants-o-meter and the scale tell me I'm doing well and I *feel* good right now. Some shorts that barely fit last summer are a little loose today. I'm not actively trying to lose, just maintain equilibrium and sanity, but I'm not sad about this!

Dagmar, gl w your new advertising campaign and taking on some new clients! What book did you treat yourself to?

Michele, did you have fun in Napa? I'm sure 5# in one night is at least mostly sodium. Lemon water, some yoga, and 48 hours will flush it out.

Jessica, glad MuTu is showing some positive results! I agree, cutting out 100% of processed foods seems unrealistic, but the other food rules sound reasonable. Also glad the girls' rash is NBD.

Becky, Happy Birthday to DS and congrats on getting him through 15 years on the planet! He sounds like a great kid.

Allison, I hope your transition to a new company goes quickly and you can get over this stress soon.

CalCounter, your trip sounds fun! I am in 110% agreement with you regarding the Florida humidity. This time of year I always question why I live here.

Krampus, I hope you feel better soon. Is this from hormones or something else?

Happy 4th of July to my U.S. friends!
Old 07-03-2014, 05:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1982 View Post

I missed yoga while I was gone last week. It felt so good last night. I've become a true convert. I can't believe when I started doing yoga 3 years ago I just looked at it as a good stretch, and hoped at some point I'd get some mental benefits. It keeps me sane and grounded.

Michele, did you have fun in Napa? I'm sure 5# in one night is at least mostly sodium. Lemon water, some yoga, and 48 hours will flush

Happy 4th of July to my U.S. friends!
Agree 100% on the yoga!

Great fun in Napa! Still eating too much today though. I really need to reign it in. I think I'm thinking my whole summer is one long vacation free for all!

2014 workout goals:

So far:
183/365 workouts
155 bikram yogas

Last edited by traveling michele : 07-03-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:35 PM   #19

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
Agree 100% on the yoga!

Great fun in Napa! Still eating too much today though. I really need to reign it in. I think I'm thinking my whole summer is one long vacation free for all!
I think that happens to a lot of us who work in schools. I go either way with it. Some summers I treat it as an entire vacation and start eating vacation-mode in May! Other summers I have used it as a time to get in shape. Happy to say this is the first summer I'm in maintenance!

CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:38 PM   #20

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
I'm feeling a combination of excited/silly at seeing my ad up on the screen tomorrow night. So far I've had one person who I did not know take a business card for cat sitting in the future. I'm giving this plan 6 months and about 3K - that's more than I've spent in advertising in the last 20 years combined so it's quite frightening to take such a risk. I need to get 6 full time dog walking clients to get back up to a decent level of income. Sitting in the living room whining wasn't working so I'm trying this. Is it the better choice? I hope so.
How exciting about your ad! I think it is the right thing. Doing something about it is definitely better than whining!

CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:03 PM   #21

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

The rains just arrived. BOOM - there were here. Serious water coming down. Anyone in Boston to see the fireworks that were pulled back to tonight (rather than Friday, July 4th) will have gotten soaked.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 6 years and 10 months
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:31 AM   #22

S/C/G: 152/ticker/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Happy 4th of July to all of our American members!

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/salut/t9307.gif

Dagmar

Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow" - Mary Ann Radmacher

Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:34 AM   #23

Always nice to get a really positive reference from a pet. Last night I was dropping off the key for the small dog I walked all May and part of June. His owner had him out on the street and when he saw me he was so happy! He insisted we all walk together down the street and, when he saw me heading toward my car, he tried his best to follow me. His owner was very pleased at how much he and I obviously liked each other.

Dagmar

Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow" - Mary Ann Radmacher

Old 07-04-2014, 09:50 AM   #24

Yes, Sharon! I need to not look at my break as one long holiday!

Very cool about the dog, Dagmar. As a pet owner, that would mean a great deal to me!

Off subject, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience with laser hair removal? My dd has very sensitive skin and is having a lot of skin issues from shaving her legs. She went to the dermatologist yesterday and has a treatment regimen to try. The doc told her in the future she should consider laser hair removal. Just wondering what to know or look for?

2014 workout goals:

So far:
183/365 workouts
155 bikram yogas
Old 07-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #25

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Can I have the summer off? I promise to use it to get back in shape! Really, I do!

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
``•Allison•``
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)

“A Year from Now You May Wish You Had Started Today”~Karen Lamb
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:27 PM   #26

It occured to me that I can now, in the new house setup, watch a DVD while working out. Anyone have any yoga DVD's they would recommend? Not sure where best to post so you'll see this in a couple of places.

Thanks!

Dagmar

Old 07-05-2014, 04:10 PM   #27
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/127/125

Height: 5'2"

Summer's here, and I'm going to try a little body acceptance. Moving goal to match current weight and keeping my fingers crossed that I can maintain my
new normal better than my old one.

Currently maintaining a semblance of calm.
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:43 AM   #28
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Sounds good, Andrea.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:59 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurodoc View Post
Summer's here, and I'm going to try a little body acceptance. Moving goal to match current weight and keeping my fingers crossed that I can maintain my
new normal better than my old one.
Andrea .

Dagmar

Old 07-06-2014, 06:01 AM   #30

These are words my household (except for Mudpie) could really use as a guide to life. Cesar Millan is quoting them and, unfortunately, he doesn't attribute the quote to the correct source.

There’s a saying (incorrectly attributed to Lao Tzu) that goes, “If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.”

Dagmar

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.