June Journaling of Moving Maintainers

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • Let's keep our bodies moving, whether indoors or out of doors.

Though out of doors is better, because it's June.

Said an American 19th century poet whom no one reads anymore:

Quote:
    And what is so rare as a day in June?
    Then, if ever, come perfect days;
    Then Heaven tries the earth if it be in tune,
    And over it softly her warm ear lays:
    Whether we look, or whether we listen,
    We hear life murmur, or see it glisten;
    Every clod feels a stir of might,
    An instinct within it that reaches and towers,
    And, grasping blindly above it for light,
    Climbs to a soul in grass and flowers.
    That's why it's better to be a maintainer moving through the outside world.
  • Sunday, June 1st:

Walking around Manhattan and the two tourist-infested islands, Ellis and Liberty, the former of which was very moving.

Monday, June 2nd:

Ran 2.23 miles at a steady pace
    Then alternating sprints with walking for 2.23 miles back
  • Too hot and humid to be outside around here right now.

Sunday June 1 - rest day
    Monday June 2 - 3 miles on the treadmill in the AM, 2 mile walk at the mall on lunch break.
  • Tuesday, June 3rd:

NROLW, Stage 2A, oh the heartbreak, since that inner-ear virus destroyed my natural sense of balance, this stage is humiliating for me because I have to use bodyweight and keep tipping over to one side, mostly the side that's impaired, the ear in which I'm also 80% deaf
    20 minutes StairMaster afterward
  • I just walked 1.5 miles outside! Hooray for all the conference rooms being occupied, so I had to have my meeting with my manager while walking around a lake and observing ducklings.
  • Sunday, June 1: 4 mile run outside
    Monday, June 2: 1.5 miles on treadmill, lat pulldowns, planks
    Tuesday, June 3: 20 min on stair stepper, glute bridges, Smith machine OHP, seated cable rows, planks.
  • June 1: 100 minutes bikram yoga

June 2: 100 minutes bikram yoga

June 3: went to the gym for the first time in 2 months-- did 200 feet on the rope, 60 minutes UJam class.... I'm also doing the 30 day ab challenge with my dd-- it was day 3 and my abs are sore!

Totals:
    3 days
    260 minutes
  • Wednesday, June 4th:

60 minutes elliptical, alternating forward and backward, tough but doable, mostly due to my posterior chain being a lot stronger than it was six weeks ago
  • 6/4: 1 hour timed swim-for-distance, after holding down my sofa for the majority of May. 3450 yds, just a hair over 2 miles. Yeah ... I can feel it today.
  • Quote: June 1: 100 minutes bikram yoga

June 2: 100 minutes bikram yoga

June 3: went to the gym for the first time in 2 months-- did 200 feet on the rope, 60 minutes UJam class.... I'm also doing the 30 day ab challenge with my dd-- it was day 3 and my abs are sore!

Totals:
    3 days
    260 minutes
    Go, Becky, Go!

June 4: 100 minutes bikram yoga

Totals:
    4 days
    360 minutes
  • Thursday, June 5th:

45 minutes StairMaster, dropped it to resistance level of 8, still aerobic intervals, sweating & sweating in the high humidity
    60 minutes Pilates mat class
  • June 5 AM: 2 miles running on treadmill
  • Wednesday - my newish weights programme. Ate like a horse afterwards and some of today. This always seems to happen when I start some kind of exercise. I've been away for two weeks, more or less, so my body thinks it's new. I usually settle down in a few days but it's disconcerting when it happens.
  • Quote: Go, Becky, Go!

June 4: 100 minutes bikram yoga

Totals:
    4 days
    360 minutes
    June 5: 100 minutes bikram yoga and day 5 of the 30 day Ab Challenge (30 sit-ups, 12 crunches, 12 leg raises, 12 second plank)

Totals:
    5 days
    460 minutes
  • When Becky stirs from that sofa and a more contemplative life ... watch out, world!

Friday, June 6th:

This is ridiculous how, if I oversleep on Fridays, and decide to postpone my workout till I log off my office email, I am uneasy all day, full of guilt, with self-accusations of shirking and laziness and slacking. And of course, that makes me nibble on food.

But yeah, of course, I went to the gym afterward, intimidated by NROLW Stage 2B, and managed to do it. Including the 15 minute of HIIT. Which meant two minutes walking at 3.0, then one minute of running at 6.2, then 6.3, 6.3, 6.5 and 6.6, which is really fast for me. Honestly I found it rather exhilarating, which probably means I should push harder. I thought of a racehorse taking off, and of course, of California Chrome, who's all over the local news. If the weather's good, Belmont will be jammed up tomorrow.