3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Any room for a prodigal midwife? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/294314-any-room-prodigal-midwife.html)

midwife 03-31-2014 04:45 PM

Any room for a prodigal midwife?

Hey all,
Long time no see. I lurk but that's about it these days. I've gained it all back and then some, I suppose. I haven't weighed. I live in scrubs and work out clothes (not that I am actually, yanno, working out in said work out clothes). This past year has been very difficult for my family, but whether that's a reason or an excuse is irrelevant. So it's time for me to be honest with myself (and look for accountability here) once again.

So not a maintainer per se, at this time, but this is my comfy stomping grounds so I hope you will all let me practice healthy habits here once again. :hug:

BillBlueEyes 03-31-2014 04:58 PM

So good to see you, Jen. In my book you're welcome anywhere.

And I hope you always keep that neat signature: "And that's how Beowulf rolls"~ my DD

traveling michele 03-31-2014 05:44 PM

Hello midwife... welcome back. I'm sorry you've had hard times. I hope that you can find the support here that has helped you in the past.

berryblondeboys 03-31-2014 05:53 PM

Looks like we both chose today to come back? Welcome back. I have to lose a LOT.

I was never a maintainer, so I never hung out here, but I GOT SO CLOSE... not sure what it means to maintain... unless it means to maintain a high weight.

Arctic Mama 03-31-2014 07:11 PM

Welcome back both Jen and Melissa! Never give up, I think we all have seasons where this comes so easily and others where just getting dressed feels like a struggle. But if we quit, we'll never succeed, right?

:grouphug:

3fcuser291505109 03-31-2014 07:27 PM

Good to see you again, Melissa :)

Welcome back, Midwife!

bargoo 03-31-2014 07:40 PM

Welcome back Melissa and midwife!

CalCounter1003 03-31-2014 07:54 PM

Welcome back to both of you!
Been up and down many times myself. This time, I plan on staying down. Still learning how that is to be done!

JayEll 03-31-2014 09:08 PM

Hi, midwife and berryblondeboys! Welcome back!

saef 03-31-2014 09:25 PM

Welcome, Jen and Melissa.

Up slightly myself, and trying to decide whether to work on it seriously or see how it feels. So far, I'm trying it out.

Sounds like you've tried it, and you're done with it. If so, you know what you need from us, and we'll try to give it to you.

silverbirch 04-01-2014 04:29 AM

Midwife! :hug: Really good to see you. I've thought about you a lot. I'm sorry things have been hard. Let's go out for a run together soon! Yes, I'm still working towards that. :)

Melissa, I don't think we've met. Hello. :wave:

Come and join us on the old 5-10 thread. Sometimes it has 5-10 in the title, sometimes it branches out a bit. I'm in the 10+ category myself :o but I still post there.

Mudpie 04-01-2014 05:46 AM

:welcome2: midwife and berryblondeboys. We were discussing "maintenance fatigue" recently. Sounds like you both may have had a brush with that. The nice thing about 3FC (the whole forum, not just us) is that everyone is welcome back at any time. No shame, no judgement, just try again.

So welcome back!

Dagmar :cool:

paperclippy 04-01-2014 08:05 AM

Welcome back to both of you! Midwife, I have missed you around here!

For what it's worth, I'm counting down the weeks until I stop breastfeeding and can start losing weight again. I've got 30lbs hanging around to get rid of so I only barely feel like a maintainer right now. :p I will join you guys on re-loss in a couple months!

ICUwishing 04-01-2014 08:13 AM

Welcome back, Midwife! :wave: Up or down, it's great to see you posting again. :)

traveling michele 04-01-2014 10:22 AM

Welcome back Melissa!