Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 03-26-2014, 10:26 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Andrea,
We LOVE cruising and it fits into my spring break schedule plus it is very economical. I just need to curb my food intake. The alcohol doesn't really bother me as long as I don't start. I am "intolerant" to alcohol Megan. According to the doctor, no one is actually allergic. When I drink, my heart starts pounding, I turn bright read and my head pounds-- so-- yes, I should stay away.....

I am "traveling michele" because years ago when I got on my first forum (scrapbooking), I was michele in houston. Then we moved to South Africa, so I became michele on safari. Then, we moved to California and I was tired of needing new names so I went with traveling michele. I do love to travel and have been many places-- Asia, Europe, Africa.... I haven't yet been to China mainly because dh dislikes it so and the air quality is so bad you can't go outside. He doesn't see a point in us spending money on an expensive plane ticket for me to go there when we could go somewhere we both will enjoy... hence the cruise... it is relaxing, romantic time away from smart phones and tablets and work... plus we will snorkel and do other amazing activities in Cozumel, Honduras and Belize.... a week is about $500 including everything so it can't be beat price wise. Then we will be in Houston for 2 days over Easter and that will likely be the stressful part-- dealing with family! Dh's brother is coming from Hong Kong with his 6 year old dd, my dd is there, and my in-laws (including my failing, crazy, MIL). And my younger dd will come from Arizona so it should be interesting.

We are hoping to plan a trip to London this summer to visit my dh's younger brother who lives there with his family. I've yet to meet my youngest niece and am eager to see them.

So, yes, I do travel and love it....

Jessica-- good luck with your tests!!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:26 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Morning all!

I am jealous of you Michele. I live 30 minutes south of Canada and that is the only foreign country that I have ever been to. There are also a TON of places in the US that I want to travel to. But instead our vacations involve hiking and camping in areas relatively close to us. I really need to plan a more adventurous vacation - next year will by my 10th wedding anniversary so maybe then!

Update on SIL - she had one stent put in and is supposed to go home today. Doctor says that it was an extremely mild heart attack with no heart damage. She should see this as a "wake up call" according to him. And my FIL is blaming himself for putting "too much stress" on her.

Sounds like all of us have a lot going on and are stressed out. I have been craving carbs like MAD and surrendered yesterday and ate a bread bowl with broccoli cheddar soup in it. So my weight spiked this morning.

I think that we could all use spring to arrive sooner then later!!!

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:52 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1982 View Post
Morning all

Hi Bargoo! Florida is a beautiful and unique place, that's for sure. The "unique" is not always great. We seem to have a lot of crazy nutballs and agressive invasive species running around. But mostly the unique is wonderful.
Something like Californja.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:33 PM   #19  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Andrea--it's part of the board. Cruises make people nervous about food. Vacations make people nervous about food. Holidays make people nervous about food. And so on. Just about every event that happens makes people here nervous about food. This is where people come to vent about it.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:34 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie99 View Post

Sounds like all of us have a lot going on and are stressed out. I have been craving carbs like MAD and surrendered yesterday and ate a bread bowl with broccoli cheddar soup in it. So my weight spiked this morning.

I think that we could all use spring to arrive sooner then later!!!

Jen
I hope Spring comes soon for you Jen. I HATE winter and am cold just thinking about your horrible weather....

My weight is also up a pound today. I ate a barbecue salad last night much later than my normal dinner-- so I'm assuming the time plus sodium made my weight go up... it's amazing to me what one little pound makes. Why does the whole pound go to my tummy? Why can't it spread itself around. Or maybe it's just bloat. Regardless, outfit number one was rejected this morning....
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:23 AM   #21  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Good news, my lab tests came back normal! Phew. One less thing to worry about.

Megan, I don't know yet how many meetings I'll be stuck in long-term on this project. We're coming late to the game and there's a lot of pressure on our team right now to do things quickly for a deadline in a couple weeks. Once that is done it should ease up some.

Babies are going to a playdate with our twins club today. They've gone to the library with DH for baby storytime before but this is their first time going to another person's house for a playdate, and DH is a little nervous. I think mostly because our twins club, while it is currently open to men and women, started out as a "mothers of multiples" club, and still most of the at-home parents are mothers. He's just concerned they'll think it's weird to have a guy there. I know the woman hosting it though and she is the friendliest person ever so I can't imagine that they wouldn't be welcoming to him! She personally invited him to come in any case. I hope they have fun!

Jen, my husband and I are trying to follow in the path of his grandparents -- a big exciting vacation for every 5 years of marriage. We took our honeymoon in Australia and for our 5 year anniversary we went to the UK. Our 10 year will probably be much more tame as we will have two little kids to bring with us. I'm thinking a cruise might be a good option since it is pretty affordable and some of them are very family-friendly, plus at least the Caribbean cruises leave from Florida which is only a 3-hour plane trip from here and we can get nonstop flights.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:58 AM   #22  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Feeling like work has chewed me up and spit me out.

Standing outside even for a few minutes helps. Even when it's cold out.

I need nonsmoker breaks.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:39 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
Feeling like work has chewed me up and spit me out.

Standing outside even for a few minutes helps. Even when it's cold out.

I need nonsmoker breaks.
I need those nonsmoker breaks too - but standing inside please.

Dagmar of
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:46 PM   #24  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Such fun. The bathroom vent fan switch wasn't to be found at Home Depot, so I ordered it from Amazon Prime.

It arrived yesterday. Installed it this morning (after DW had showered and gone out).

Works like a charm.

Now, to tackle another item instead of celebrating this success for a month or so.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:46 AM   #25  

Hi everyone! I am new here, I posted my introduction in the maintainers introductions.

This forum has a lot of good info on Maintenance!

I workout 4 miles Leslie Sansone every morning and I want to start a Wieght Maintenance scrapbook-journal soon, and put lots of motivating and helpful quotes and articles for myself to encourage, motivate and so I can look back and have a resource as I go along
ahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:38 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Ahna

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:08 PM   #27  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Ahna!
I'd never heard of counting bites! I started looking at your blog a little bit and was fascinated. I do Leslie DVDs every morning too, but 3 miles most days.
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote