3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Living Maintenance

Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Maintainers Weekly Chat March 10 - March 16

Old 03-13-2014, 06:38 PM   #31

S/C/G: 152/ticker/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
Is every winter like this, and I just forget conveniently during the subsequent months?

I'm bundled up at my desk on my work from home day. No snow, but 40 mph winds and temperatures in the teens.

Just saying hi. Nothing much happening. I'm deeply itchy with the shingles, and sometimes aching, but the rash is getting smaller and the sores are scabbing over. Massive and extensive projects are coming my way at work. I've surely gained weight this week and feel unmotivated to restrict food, and it's been hard to drag myself to the gym. I think it will be easier if the weather relents and I'm feeling physically better.
saef No, this winter is definitely the worst I've experienced in at least 15 years. I used to be able to go most of the winter without boots. This winter I've had to wear them every day. Precipitation used to be pretty consistent in winter - snow and a couple of sleet storms. Now it's God-knows-what. Temps used to be fairly consistent. Now they can vary in a several day span by as much as 25-30 degrees.

It's been a very hard winter. Every single person I've talked to who works outside feels that this has been the worst winter in at least a decade.

Dagmar

Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow" - Mary Ann Radmacher

Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:53 PM   #32

Height: 5'7"

The winter sounds terrible! I can't wait for spring for you all! I hereby reserve my right to complain about the awful heat in central Florida in the fall. We can deal with it in the summer but when fall comes you feel like it should cool down and it doesn't. DH and I want to retire somewhere else. But not as cold as what you all have.

CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:37 PM   #33

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Yep, it's cold out and predicted to get colder.

But, one small good news. I just attended an event with refreshments that I made into dinner and didn't over eat. I left good breads and cheeses UNTOUCHED.

Sometimes I act like I'm maintaining. Kinda nice.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years and 1 month
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:19 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
Yep, it's cold out and predicted to get colder.

But, one small good news. I just attended an event with refreshments that I made into dinner and didn't over eat. I left good breads and cheeses UNTOUCHED.

Sometimes I act like I'm maintaining. Kinda nice.
Bill.

Dagmar

Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow" - Mary Ann Radmacher

Old 03-14-2014, 09:06 AM   #35
Midsize B%^$#*tch

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)156/(G)142-138

Height: 5'3"

This morning was one of my periodic crashes. I overslept by two hours. At least I'm in gym clothes but I didn't make it to the gym. Yet. I'm pretty sure I'll get myself there by this evening. But in the meantime, I've got a lot of work to do.

I have no idea what I'll do this weekend. I think I'll do something. Eventually.

Clearly I need more coffee.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:03 AM   #36
Chuggin' along...

Morning all,
TGIF. I've finally felt like I'm back into a good routine this week after a few weeks of work travels, a bad cold, and extra social events that led to extra cocktails. I realized a poor exercise week had stretched into 2 weeks so the dog and I have been hitting the bike path hard this week, and it feels good. I've been eating much more lightly the past few days, too. Like Bill says, I act like a maintainer sometimes. My parents are coming for their annual spring break trip next week, after changing their dates around many times. I'm looking forward to the trip since our plans to see each other in the past year have gotten derailed repeatedly by events out of our control, but am not as sure what we'll do. We usually do lots of active things and though my mom's back is much better, it's not where she usually is. We'll just have to see. I've already told BF he'll be giving lots of sailboat charters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalCounter1003 View Post
The winter sounds terrible! I can't wait for spring for you all! I hereby reserve my right to complain about the awful heat in central Florida in the fall. We can deal with it in the summer but when fall comes you feel like it should cool down and it doesn't. DH and I want to retire somewhere else. But not as cold as what you all have.
CalCounter, don't worry, I've got this crowd conditioned to hear it from me as well. I get cranky for 4 months.

Saef, sounds like you do need that coffee! Yes, you've been feeling poorly and the weather has been horrendous. It's not necessarily an excuse to overeat/not work out but given those events you have every reason to feel poorly and yes, perhaps get a little rest. Maybe some R&R is in order for the weekend. I'm going to finish my coffee now, too. Hang in there.

Great job Bill! "Sometimes I act like I'm maintaining." I understand completely.

Dagmar, what a nice circle: seeing a new family redo the house and walking their dog as you also start anew in your new house. Enjoy the flower show.

Allison, congrats on Bogey's graduation! I can't look at the FB picture from work but I can't wait to see what a handsome boy he is.

Does anyone have any plans for the weekend?
Old 03-14-2014, 10:23 AM   #37

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I gripe about the weather here in the summer when our temperatures hover above 110 degrees. We all have our weather gripes. Growing up in SLC, I used to say I wanted to live somewhere where it snows in the mountains but not the valleys. That is exactly where I am, so I shouldn't complain.

Today is Bogey's first personal training day. I can't wait! I'll report later, but I expect it will go well. Last week, during his evaluation, the trainer worked with him and his food bowl. The first week we had him, Bogey would lunge and jump and wreak havoc as I tried to dish his food. After that, I'd leash him to DH's jeep which basically forced him to sit and wait until I unleashed him. He was getting more and more patient but the trainer worked with him for about 5 minutes and now I don't have to leash him at all and he sits (without being told) and waits until given the signal (okay with a hand clap) to eat. The transformation is amazing! The ultimate goal will be allowing him off leash inside with the cats and knowing he won't lunge at them.

DH's sister and husband arrive today and will stay with us until Tuesday. Tonight I'm fixing a veggie laden pasta dish for dinner. MIL is bringing garlic bread. I should fix a salad, too, but with all the veggies in the pasta it seems superfluous. I suggested to DH that we go out on Saturday (but that depends on everyone else's plans). Sunday the kids are coming home to celebrate my birthday a day early and I'm fixing marinated flank steaks, salad and risotto. Oh, and I'm making a cake, too. I really shouldn't but my BFF sent me the recipe and it sounds wonderful so I have to try it.

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
``•Allison•``
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)

“A Year from Now You May Wish You Had Started Today”~Karen Lamb
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:54 AM   #38

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

You will never hear me complain about the heat. It cannot be too hot for me! I run in the summer at noon when it is 90 degrees and 60% humidity - everyone worries about me and that I'm going to get heat stroke but I LOVE it.

I'm starting tomorrow off with the Shamrock Run where I'm going to wear the tutu DH got me - I'm okay with looking like a fool! This weekend I also have to get our basement all prepared for the new baby chicks that are coming in a week or so! We keep the babies inside for a while before transitioning them into the coop with the adults.

I am desperately trying to maintain a positive mental attitude and not let this miserable weather pull me into the darkness that has been looming....

Jen

"I'm through accepting limits, cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change but 'til I try I'll never know!" ~ Wicked ~

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said 'I just don't care!'" ~ Pink ~

http://jenhudsonmosher.blogspot.com/

My goal reached thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...ncers-say.html
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:43 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie99 View Post
You will never hear me complain about the heat. It cannot be too hot for me! I run in the summer at noon when it is 90 degrees and 60% humidity - everyone worries about me and that I'm going to get heat stroke but I LOVE it.

I'm starting tomorrow off with the Shamrock Run where I'm going to wear the tutu DH got me - I'm okay with looking like a fool! This weekend I also have to get our basement all prepared for the new baby chicks that are coming in a week or so! We keep the babies inside for a while before transitioning them into the coop with the adults.

I am desperately trying to maintain a positive mental attitude and not let this miserable weather pull me into the darkness that has been looming....

Jen
You have baby chicks? - AWWW! Pictures, I want pictures. Just in time for Easter. So sweet.

And you will rock that tutu Jen. Again I demand pics!

Dagmar

Old 03-14-2014, 10:59 PM   #40
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I rarely post here, but follow along, daily.

WINTER can DIE anytime NOW! I'm over it!

I want sunshine! I want to garden! I want to not FREEZE, and wear 16 gajillion layers of clothes, and boots that make me look like bigfoot, to just dump the garbage!

And, the new roof at work, yup, it dumps snow and ice on my head in the morning as we are taking boarding dogs in and out. Sick of dodging that too!

3+ year maintainer.
The human body is capable of amazing things! But without the mind, it is nothing. Get your mind in gear and the body will follow!

Be selfish about caring for yourself, you deserve it!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:44 PM   #41

Back from the race - you ready??

MISERABLE race conditions -cold with a strong wind and blinding wet snow. My goal was to finish under 40 minutes (it was a 5 miler) and I finished in 38:51. Took 2nd place for my age group.

Dagmar - the chicks are ordered but not hatched yet. I have to get everything ready - making sure the heat lamps work, putting down fresh bedding, that type of thing. I will post pics though as soon as we get them!!

Jen

"I'm through accepting limits, cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change but 'til I try I'll never know!" ~ Wicked ~

Old 03-15-2014, 04:43 PM   #42
Chuggin' along...

LOVE the tutu Jen!!! For some reason St. Patty's day had me picturing green. Rainbow is so much better!!! Great job!!!!
Old 03-15-2014, 06:19 PM   #43

Jen You look great - the tutu, leg warmers (tights?) and shoes all compliment one another. Great job on the race too!

Dagmar

Old 03-16-2014, 12:11 AM   #44

Height: 5'7"

Jen, that's awesome! Just read some of your blog and goal post... Wow what an inspiration you are! I am inspired to try to run now! You look amazing! I thinks it great you came in second in your age group. I'm thinking by the time I can race like that I'll be the only one in my age group so I'll get first.

My DD is home for spring break this week. Today we went to an outdoor farmers market and all she could say was "wow, oh my gosh, I can't believe how nice it is outside". Of course I was wearing jeans and a light jacket. She has on shorts, flip flops and tank. She admitted how brutal the winter has been this year (she never complains to me on phone about it). We are both just busting about going to CA.

We went out to breakfast and I got sick afterwards. We have this thing where we get a healthy omelet and a decadent pancake or waffle and split the two meals. In the past I could eat just the pancakes myself but she has never been able to eat just something sweet for breakfast so we started this split two breakfast thing years ago. Maybe because I haven't eaten such a sweet thing like that for breakfast in a long time it made me sick, I don't know. There were two teachers out last week with a stomach bug, I sure hope it's not that. I feel fine after resting. I really can't afford to miss school days, not money, but with what I still need to teach the kids, so hopefully all will be fine. I am taking off Friday to be with DD because I won't see her again until CA.

CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:52 PM   #45

Thanks everyone - I know it was full on dork, but I'm ok with that )

Calcounter - glad you enjoyed my blog. Running has taught me how AMAZING the human body truly is. I ran my first mile outside EVER IN MY LIFE - in May 2011 and it took me 16 minutes. In May 2013 I ran my first 1/2 marathon with each mile being around 8 minutes. How a body can change and adapt is so stunning to me.

There's nothing whatsoever special about me - if I can do it anyone can!!

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.