Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 05:02 PM   #76  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Congrats on that Streak now 60, Silverbirch.

I just got worked over in a workout at the gym. I thought "Weight Training 101" was going to be easy. Wrong!!! We didn't pause for 60 solid minutes except to "shake it out" when our arms were about to burst. I once could do 20 full push-ups - can't now. I've got some work to do.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:56 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

It was a class at the gym, Bill? I sometimes do body pump at the gym which is weight lifting to music. It is hard! I bet you'll be sore tomorrow.

I'm facing a big food challenge tomorrow. One of our yoga teachers is getting married to another of our teachers, and one of my yoga friends is throwing a bridal shower for her. The bride is French and doesn't have friends or family here. We are all bringing dishes. I'm sure some will be quite good but I'm most worried about the desserts. One of my friends has a side business baking and is making a cake. I've not tried her food before and I think it'd be rude not to try it. My plan is to not go hungry and to have a very small piece of cake. I'm bringing fruit so I can always have that if I'm so inclined.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:29 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I am up to just under (and I mean just) 140 lbs. I really don't know how that happened. I had one night of indulgence Friday and have been OP Sat. and Sun.

This week is going to be very hard in terms of everything. I have a very difficult dogsit and am spending my birthday exhausted and alone. I imagine I will be over 140 lbs. next week but I really can't do anything much about it except hang on and wait for warmer weather.

The key word for this week is survive.

Dagmar
Old 03-05-2014, 12:43 PM   #79  

The saboteurs have returned. Even from a distance they sabotage me! My family sent two deliveries in the past two days. The first day was an edible arrangement which is mostly fruit but had some pineapples dipped in chocolate. Yesterday I took the day off and had my planned splurge lunch followed by dessert. I came home to Shari's berries-- have you ever seen them!? Huge decorated chocolate dipped strawberries. Each one is 170 calories. I ate one. I have 5 more and no one home to help me with them. I wonder how long they'll last?? The scale is now up almost 4 pounds.... sigh.... I was doing so well with the calorie counting.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:22 PM   #80  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

I've done well with the "no butter or peanut butter" streak. It feels fairly well embedded at 64.

But it's been a funny old fortnight here. I've been on the back foot for at least 10 days, if not more, with lots of tiny things not going quite right. Yesterday, for example, the SO locked me out of the house by leaving a key in the mortice lock which meant time spent sorting that out and not spent on the things I had on my list to do. And those were mostly things to do with catching up so I didn't feel on the back foot.

What's niggling me now is the odd sweet biscuit (cookie) or something else with sugar which I simply wasn't eating before. I'm thinking about going for a streak with that. How would I phrase it though? "Nothing with cane or beet sugar", I think, which would allow fruit. I need to convince myself that this is a good move first and I'm not in that place at the moment - for some reason.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:40 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
The saboteurs have returned. Even from a distance they sabotage me! My family sent two deliveries in the past two days. The first day was an edible arrangement which is mostly fruit but had some pineapples dipped in chocolate. Yesterday I took the day off and had my planned splurge lunch followed by dessert. I came home to Shari's berries-- have you ever seen them!? Huge decorated chocolate dipped strawberries. Each one is 170 calories. I ate one. I have 5 more and no one home to help me with them. I wonder how long they'll last?? The scale is now up almost 4 pounds.... sigh.... I was doing so well with the calorie counting.
The calories for the berries are added into your daily calorie count take the same amount away from something else.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:26 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I've been hanging in there, no ups no downs. Steady is fine as long as there is another down in the future.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:03 PM   #83  
Workin' It

I'm way up, so I've been mostly lurking and feeling bad about myself. I'll work on talking more this week.

Birchie - great job with your streak. Could you add biscuits specifically so as not to feel limited by saying 'stuff with sugar'?
Old 03-06-2014, 03:22 PM   #84  
in development

Shannon, I think I have to be more general than just bikkies (thought you'd like that ) as I've found myself eating all kinds of things here and there. Tonight, after a shouting match with my ex-gymn on the phone* I finished off the scrapings in the bottom of the mango chutney jar. Nice with chicken and chickpea curry but I thought I'd given it up ages ago. See what I meant by

Quote:
I need to convince myself that this is a good move first and I'm not in that place at the moment - for some reason.
Just do it, I suppose.

I really wish life would slow down again. It seems to be stuck at Very Fast at the moment.

Allison, I'm not going up either but I'd like to go down. Perhaps our bodies have had a terrible shock and are just drawing breath before the next headlong slide.

*Ex-gymn tells me I should have given them a month's notice before stopping the direct debit. I say that the manager should have been in touch with me about my health and safety complaints. Barbells were this close to my bare foot! A skipping rope was this close to my face!! The music was this loud and made my ears hurt!!!
Old 03-06-2014, 03:28 PM   #85  
Workin' It

Ooo, Birchie. I do love the word 'bikkies'.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:52 PM   #86  
in development

You can see quite easily now how they are related to cookies, can't you? And, therefore, potential trouble.

I've just had a bowl of muesli. I really must get into bed (it's 20.51) to get out of actual trouble.

ETA - if you're in a difficult meeting, just handing round the plate and saying "Bikkie?" or even better "Choccie bikkie?" will defuse the situation amazingly.

Last edited by silverbirch; 03-06-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:59 AM   #87  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Back up over 153. I gained a pound & a half during my week of pain & medication taking. There is one binge that I can clearly recall, with me eating dried apples from Trader Joe's and roasted butternut squash like crazy. (Some binge on chocolate, but look at me ...) The next day, my blood sugar reading yesterday at the doctor's office was 136, which it never is. I need to not take this illness as an excuse to binge.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:02 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
You can see quite easily now how they are related to cookies, can't you? And, therefore, potential trouble.

I've just had a bowl of muesli. I really must get into bed (it's 20.51) to get out of actual trouble.

ETA - if you're in a difficult meeting, just handing round the plate and saying "Bikkie?" or even better "Choccie bikkie?" will defuse the situation amazingly.
That's a good thing about my job - no one is handing around plates of anything at the beach. Although one very loud and aggressive woman (now dead of cancer) did bring a box of some kind of new donuts once (Krispy Kreme?) and insisted that everyone eat one. I took a bite of mine and it seemed to be composed of fat and sugar and not much else. Couldn't fob it off on the dogs either as the woman was keeping a close eye on me.

But mostly we don't eat or drink anything down there. On plan or off.

Dagmar
Old 03-08-2014, 08:34 AM   #89  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

traveling michele -If you cant eat them before they go bad, Freeze the chocolate strawberries and add them to a smoothie or cut them up for oatmeal....The berries get mushy when thawed, but you can still use them if you can't eat.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:31 AM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstalksalot View Post
traveling michele -If you cant eat them before they go bad, Freeze the chocolate strawberries and add them to a smoothie or cut them up for oatmeal....The berries get mushy when thawed, but you can still use them if you can't eat.
Good ideas!
There are only two left and dh comes home today so I think we will polish them off tonight!
Closed Thread