Go to
  • January 4: 50 minutes weight lifting
    60 minutes elliptical - incline 30%, resistance 5
    30 minutes foam rolling
  • Sunday, January 5th:

15 minute StairMaster warmup
    60 minutes shoulders, biceps & triceps routine
    45 minute spin class, and yep, the crowd with resolutions has arrived
  • January 5: 10 miles running on treadmill - incline 2% (1:30:12)
    30 minutes foam rolling
  • Quote: January 3: 105 minutes bikram yoga with a great teacher. What a difference.

January 4: 60 minutes spin class followed by an extremely hard but good bikram yoga class (105) minutes

Totals:
    5 workouts
    485 minutes
    January 5: 105 minutes Bikram Yoga-- another very challenging class!

I also bought a kettlebell yesterday and am figuring it out. My arms aren't sore but my hamstrings and quads are from all the squatting!

Totals:
    6 workouts
    590 minutes
  • Monday, January 6th:

30 minutes running on treadmill, incline 1.5, turned up the speed to 4.7, had as much trouble getting a decent rhythm as if I'd never done this before
    5 minutes walking 3.5
    10 more minutes running at 4.7
    5 minutes walking again, and done.

Each time I get on the treadmill, it's like I've forgotten how to run, probably because I am increasing the speed. Probably I should just leave it alone.
  • January 3: 20 min on arc trainer, 20 min stairs, 5 min backwards treadmill walking, KB deadlifts, KB squats, glute bridges, lat pulldowns, Roman chair leg raises

January 4: shoveling

January 5: 3 miles running on treadmill, DB bench press, bench dips

January 6 AM: 24 minutes stairs
  • January 6: P90X Plyometrics (60 mins)
    45 minutes weight lifting (shoulders chest triceps)
  • Quote: January 5: 105 minutes Bikram Yoga-- another very challenging class!

I also bought a kettlebell yesterday and am figuring it out. My arms aren't sore but my hamstrings and quads are from all the squatting!

Totals:
    6 workouts
    590 minutes
    January 6: 105 minutes Bikram Yoga, 15 minutes Kettebell

Totals:
    7 workouts
    710 minutes
  • Tuesday, January 7th:

60 minutes shoulders, chest & triceps
    30 minutes StairMaster. Had to delay doing it till one-quarter of the way into my routine because someone was on the machine. That's unusual in this gym, and I started using this machine partly because it was often empty when other equipment was taken.

Feeling better today while lifting and bench-pressing. Okay, so the scale weight is higher. But look, now I can bang out 20 consecutive perfect-form pushups without a problem, when at this time last year, I was glad to get in five.
  • January 6 PM: 20 min arc trainer, 10 min incline backwards treadmill walking, 10 min incline forwards treadmill walking, 10 min jogging at 6.6 mph, DB renegade rows, planks
  • January 7: 50 minutes Yoga DVD
    8 miles running treadmill - incline 2% (1:10:02)
    30 minutes foam rolling
  • January 8: 3 miles running treadmill incline 2% (27:28)
    2 miles walking treadmill incline 2% (28:33)
    P90X2 Yoga (66 mins)
    30 minutes foam rolling
  • Wednesday, Jan. 8th:

45 minute spin class, a tough one, or so I thought, and felt I was letting myself down -- and then a woman new to the class came up to me afterward and said, "You are AMAZING. You move your legs so fast. I was trying to keep up with you and there is no way!" So probably I was hard on myself.

Anyway that took away the doctor's sting.
  • Thursday, January 9th:

30 minutes treadmill running, 2.0 incline, 4.7 mph,
    then alternating 5 minutes walking at 3.7 with 5 minutes running at 5 mph, 4.8 mph, 5 mph

I'm not sure I'm making progress with running, but I'm determined to keep doing this.

60 minute Pilates mat class, the instructor unusually sadistic, maybe to impress new members
  • Quote: Wednesday, Jan. 8th:

45 minute spin class, a tough one, or so I thought, and felt I was letting myself down -- and then a woman new to the class came up to me afterward and said, "You are AMAZING. You move your legs so fast. I was trying to keep up with you and there is no way!" So probably I was hard on myself.

Anyway that took away the doctor's sting.
    That's awesome Saef!!!!

A woman at yoga last night complimented me on my figure. I think her figure is WAY better than mine and she is definitely older than me. I guess it all depends on what we're looking for-- she is smaller than me but maybe she wishes she had more muscles?