3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Living Maintenance

Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Maintainers Winning the Battle of the Bulge

Old 01-31-2014, 06:55 AM   #361

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

saef - Just read in the New York Times that New York state will try to get rid of all of its Mute Swans by 2025. Congratulations! - from a birder who understands how destructive they are as an invasive species. Hope you're able to fend off those who can't see past their beauty.

neurodoc - Every time I'm feeling that our purchases are driving us into excessive materialism (like replacing the broken washing machine) I ask, What would Hetty Green do? Thinking of her eating raw oats to save money fixes my brain for the moment so that I can spend money.

My goal today is to stay warm enough that I don't go to Eastern Mountain Sports and buy sets of Mount Everest base layers, LOL.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years and 1 month
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:23 AM   #362
Midsize B%^$#*tch

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)156/(G)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Bill, thanks, why did I think there already was some initiative in place in which mute swan eggs were oiled & then placed back in the nest? Maybe that was a trial. Which reminds me that I need to go visit Montrose and Croton, where the bald eagles hang out on the lower Hudson when the upper stretches freeze; at Croton, there are always at least nine or 10 mute swans in the bay and marsh while I'm looking at the eagles perched or flying overhead.

JayZeeJay, I am so sorry about your cat, particularly because I still acutely feel the absence of Fritz at my mother's house on visits. My mother can barely bring herself to speak of him, though she had him euthanized this past March, and I want to talk about him, since the house is so much emptier without him, to me it's glaringly obvious, but she & I each deal with that grief in completely different ways. If anyone understands your pain, confusion & fear, it's this board.

I stood on my mother's scale this morning: 149.6. Again, being Upstate, having a fairly active day, feeling less tense than usual & snacking a lot less has done its magic. Next week, I'll be back at work, going over the year's performance goals & etc., and I hope I can maintain this loss.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:27 AM   #363
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/156.0/<148

Height: 5'7.5"

I had a really good day yesterday, eating the way I would like to eat all the time - mindfully, with controlled portions, and nothing that didn't have food value. I even got 30 minutes of (unplanned) intense exercise with shoveling my car out of the middle of my driveway.

And I made good on my vow to relax - 10 minutes of deep conscious breathing during my walk to my car after work (it's finally warm enough to breathe the outdoor air), and went to bed 30 minutes early so I could listen to classical music in the dark before I fell asleep.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:39 AM   #364
maintaining since 9/2013

S/C/G: 244/148/145

Height: 5'4.5"

I LOVE reading the bird sightings on this thread! Last night I had vivid dream that there was a Snowy Owl perched outside on a power line. (I'm in San Francisco bay area & this would be a rarity). I could see it clearly with field marks, all night long it seemed. At one point it alit on someone's hand. Better than a food dream!
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:10 AM   #365

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I didn't have a good day yesterday. Came in way over on calories (and fat) but for some reason I am lower today. Two weeks in and four pounds down. I'm not celebrating until that four turns into eight. Then I will be where I was pre-cruise last summer.

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
``•Allison•``
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)

“A Year from Now You May Wish You Had Started Today”~Karen Lamb
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:33 PM   #366
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/137/130-135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie99 View Post
Oh NO!!!! I was worried that might be it - it's what we lost our cat Ezri of right before Xmas. I'm ever so sorry!! How old is Tinker?
Thanks Jen. Did you try any treatment? It sounds like radiation and/or chemo is essentially ineffective, and even if we'd consider putting her through a hemimandibulectomy (we wouldn't), there is evidence of local metastasis so it's not indicated.

Tinker is 10. I've had her since she was 5 weeks old, I used to work for a trap-neuter-release program for ferals, and one day a severely pregnant cat wandered into a trap. When the volunteer brought her in and we saw her "condition", the volunteer decided to take her back home, let the kittens be born and nursed, find them homes later and then do the spay. She called us one day to say "kittens are ready and need homes!" That's how Tinker came to be ours. She was so young when she came that my dog at the time became her "mommy" and would clean her every night. The two slept together and were inseparable, to the puzzlement of our other cat who was feral-trapped at 9 months' age and did not understand the appeal of dogs.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:57 PM   #367

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

What an awesome story of how Tinker came into your life!!

Actually - I hesitate to say this to you - but Ezri started showing symptoms and was gone in less then a week. It was very fast. All that I have read indicates there is basically no treatment.

I have been thinking about you

"I'm through accepting limits, cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change but 'til I try I'll never know!" ~ Wicked ~

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said 'I just don't care!'" ~ Pink ~

http://jenhudsonmosher.blogspot.com/

My goal reached thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...ncers-say.html
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:50 PM   #368

Height: 5'3.25''

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstalksalot View Post
I could have wrote this post. I'm 5'3.5 and 136-138 trying for 133-136 .....it seems though that I'm always trying to go slightly lower.....
For me, vanity lbs are the toughest to lose and also the toughest to "justify" in my winter-lazy mind if I don't have pressing health concerns. Like fighting an uphill battle basically!

I listened to my gut and it said "You could do with less of me."

B00ty-Underwear pic as of March 2014 NSFW
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:54 PM   #369

I have a feral cat, too! He was born with a sibling behind our office somewhere. One day our employees saw the kittens playing inside a pallet of paving stones so we began feeding mamma and the kittens. Eventually one kitten disappeared but one kept around as did mamma. I trapped him at about age 8 months and had him neutered. He didn't come around for a few days after that but eventually decided the free food was worth it. The mamma (who we had tried to catch but were unsuccessful) got pregnant again and basically shooed him away. He started hanging out around the front of the building while she took the rear. As it got colder he got bolder and began coming into the office--usually after I had left with the dogs. He started sleeping in my husbands chair. We'd have to boot him out at night because of the motion detector in our office alarm system, but we outfitted a cat carrier with a bed and wrapped it in towels to keep him warm. When we moved several months later to our new building we took him with us. He now lives inside the office (we disabled the motion detector in the main office for him) and he spends 99% of the time indoors and doesn't mind the dog.

Culley

His mamma had a litter of three, sadly all died quite young. We eventually caught her and had her spayed. She still lives near the old building.

``•Allison•``

Old 01-31-2014, 04:08 PM   #370
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Default Non-scale victory

No butter or peanut butter on Thursday or Friday. Streak is 31. I think I had a non-scale victory today when I put on a pair of thick tights. I think this is the pair which did not fit at all before Christmas (not quite sure but it's a strong possibility). So a partial hurray!

I think I really started this phase on 7 January so I'll reveal the amount lost on 7 February. Hold on to your hats because things are looking good!

Becky, when I put on my tights this morning (because it's a bit colder here) I thought, 'This is nothing like as cold as North America. Becky will be wearing her floor to ceiling down coat!' Really, I sometimes wonder about the way my mind works.

My heart goes out to all of you suffering pain. I haven't got any words to comfort this evening but I am bearing witness and thinking of you all.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:50 PM   #371

Our kitty is a foundling too. I guess we're a pet loving group.
I am still fighting the snack urge. I can't figure out if it's the darkness or cold weather or what. Now to make it through the weekend. Ds's 20th birthday and the Super Bowl could make Sunday difficult.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:37 PM   #372

S/C/G: 152/ticker/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Allison I took a look at the pic of Culley and laughed and laughed at what has to be Misty, sitting guiltily in front of something she's ripped up? At least it's not your couch!

Culley looks a lot like a cat I used to sit, also a stray who was taken in by my clients after he started hanging around their yard one winter. His name was Skeeter.

Dagmar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2-Skeeter.jpg (30.0 KB, 11 views)

Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow" - Mary Ann Radmacher

Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:35 PM   #373

Dagmar~you must have perused my other photos on Photobucket. Yes, Misty has had her photo taken a couple of times after annihilating some sort of something! The cat next to her is Ringo. He (I think) was gloating.

Culley is a pretty good looking ticked tabby with a black streak down his back. He's slowly developing more and more white hair mixed in. He'd be a lot more pretty if his ear wasn't tipped. That is a pretty tabby you used to sit for.

I've spent an hour or more pouring over recipes for Superbowl Sunday (crockpot queso chicken chili) and the rest of the week (several salads and one low cal soup). I am in no mood to cook.

That said, I've been dog shopping.

``•Allison•``

Old 02-01-2014, 12:38 AM   #374

S/C/G: 178/122/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post

That said, I've been dog shopping.
good luck!

2014 workout goals:
365 total workouts including a minimum of 250 bikram yoga classes

So far:
298/365 workouts
234 bikram yogas
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:47 AM   #375
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/137/130-135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Alinnell: dog shopping!! The very best shopping in the world.

We are moving this weekend, and the stress of that on top of the sick/dying kitty was really getting to me yesterday. I was trapped at work, as one of the few people who was there (why does everyone take vacation day on the same day??). I really wanted to leave to work on packing, and be with Tinker, but I had three peoples' work to do.

My unfortunate coping mechanism: one coworker keeps a GIANT bowl of cheap candy on her desk. I'm never tempted by it usually, it's total kids' stuff like skittles, jellybeans, etc. but yesterday I took some candy nearly everytime I passed it. It made me angrier with myself everytime but I kept doing it.

Sigh... Today there will be no more of that. I WILL get in a morning run then pack like a mad woman.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.