Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-28-2014, 06:59 PM   #331  

To all those comforting furry friends((hugs)). If something happened to our Mr. Kitty my girls would be a mess.
Snacks keep calling me, the far below 0 temps are keeping me from running and the whole thing makes me hungry. Come on Spring.
joyofsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:15 AM   #332  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyofsix View Post
To all those comforting furry friends((hugs)). If something happened to our Mr. Kitty my girls would be a mess.
Snacks keep calling me, the far below 0 temps are keeping me from running and the whole thing makes me hungry. Come on Spring.
Come on Spring!!!

Dagmar of winter
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:30 AM   #333  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Dagmar - that was a wonderful read! Thanks for sharing her story - I hope she simply had a "spell" and has some more high-quality time with you. It definitely sounds like she runs the household.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:25 AM   #334  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I didn't do well last night. I came home and in the process of making dinner I fell into tears. I seriously cried out loud for 15 or 20 minutes. I can't seem to make the hurt go away. And that led to a glass of wine and then more.

No change in weight, of course. At least it didn't go up.

This afternoon will be hard, too. I'm taking Misty in to the vet to see what the lump is on her tummy. I'm hoping it's just a lipoma.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:40 AM   #335  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

alinnell, I think you are doing very well. Allow youself to grieve. You will anyway! Just let it out. Don't reach for the wine in order to stop it.

It's normal for people to grieve losses for a long time. It doesn't go away in a week.

JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:43 AM   #336  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Take as much time as you need, Allison.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:16 AM   #337  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Allison-- a good cry will help I'm sure (or two or three). I'm sure Misty will be just fine.

I'm plugging away at my calorie counting. The biggest change is that I'm more hungry! I think my tummy was used to more food at breakfast and it is rebelling and making me hungry again by 8 am. I eat plenty though so it has to get used to it!!

My big challenge will be this Saturday. I hope I don't undo any loss with one day. I'm surprising (if he lets it stay a surprise-- he knows we are doing something) with a birthday outing to Napa (just for part of the day). I bought a groupon for a foodie walking tour and it sounds like you walk to various restaurants and sample their yummy foods. I'll try to pace myself-- I think you go to 8 or 9 over 4 hours and just try things. I will also make sure I eat a banana or something light before we go so I'm not completely ravenous from the get go. I hope that some of the places offer wine or dh will be grumpy that he went to wine country and didn't get any!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:31 AM   #338  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Allison, . I still miss Patches (first bunny) and can randomly tear up over him. It gets better with time ... just go with the flow.

michele, yes, that's going to be a challenge. However ... if you run into something truly special that you really need to try because you may not see it again in your lifetime, eat it without guilt. If you know what it's going to taste like, and just think it would be good ... pass. Easy to say, I know! Sounds like great fun!

joyofsix - I agree with you 110%. Winter, you can stop NOW.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:39 PM   #339  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
I didn't do well last night. I came home and in the process of making dinner I fell into tears. I seriously cried out loud for 15 or 20 minutes. I can't seem to make the hurt go away. And that led to a glass of wine and then more.

No change in weight, of course. At least it didn't go up.

This afternoon will be hard, too. I'm taking Misty in to the vet to see what the lump is on her tummy. I'm hoping it's just a lipoma.
No one expects you to get over this right away,In fact pet lovers know you will always grieve over your beloved pet..They just quit talking about it.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:14 PM   #340  

Allison- like everyone else said, just go ahead and let it out. Some things you don't get over you just get it out.

Michele- the walking tour sounds awesome. Just do the best you can.

It warmed up to the double digits today. 12 felt like heaven so I got in a run. I was really hungry today so I let myself eat a ton of salad and fruit. Not perfect but better than the whole box of granola I was eyeing. Now to get through the evening. I've got a cup of mint herbal tea to sip.
joyofsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:08 PM   #341  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I had to take Misty to the vet this afternoon. She has a lump that I was pretty sure was a lipoma but wanted it tested. The vet tech was the same one we had when we brought Chico in just four days ago. We were both in tears. The good news is that the lump is just a lipoma and nothing needs to be done (other than to put her on a diet which I already had done).

We got home and took an hour long walk.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:43 PM   #342  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Yay for good news about Misty.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:30 PM   #343  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
I had to take Misty to the vet this afternoon. She has a lump that I was pretty sure was a lipoma but wanted it tested. The vet tech was the same one we had when we brought Chico in just four days ago. We were both in tears. The good news is that the lump is just a lipoma and nothing needs to be done (other than to put her on a diet which I already had done).

We got home and took an hour long walk.
It must have been extra difficult to go.

I'm so glad Misty is fine. So maybe 3FC needs a feline thread?
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:27 PM   #344  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Ok, this is ridiculous. I am eating plain, uncooked old-fashioned oats by the spoonful. Like, a cup's worth at a time, in the evening, as my starch (instead of potato, rice, pasta, whatever). I know I said I was going to eat part of my dinner at night to avoid binging, but this seems crazy even by my standards.
But at least I'm keeping calories around 1600/day.

As for finally trending downward on the scale, sure enough, after seeing 129.6 a few days ago, I bounced up to 132.4 today. I'm doing a fine job of maintaining this undesirable weight no matter what :>(

Glad the weather's warming up again. Will be in the mid-20s tomorrow.
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:26 AM   #345  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
It must have been extra difficult to go.

I'm so glad Misty is fine. So maybe 3FC needs a feline thread?
Glad the lump was lipoma Allison. I think labs are particularly prone to those - all the ones I've walked over the years have ended up with one or two.

Mars We tend to talk about our pets and/or kids in here and also in weekly chat. No need for a separate thread IMO.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote