3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Living Maintenance

Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Maintainers Winning the Battle of the Bulge

Old 01-13-2014, 08:06 PM   #166
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/156.0/<148

Height: 5'7.5"

Thanks to all for the feedback - I am taking the advice and spending the evening with my Aleve and an ice pack. Reluctantly. But I do know that a few of you have had a bear of a time recovering from something similar, and I need to prove to myself that I can learn from others, ! I'd much rather this not linger on ... so again, thank you for your experiences and wisdom. Hopefully tomorrow will be much better. I was really fidgety at work, where I sit most of the time. Ow.

I sometimes wish my scale did more than 0.5 increments. I don't think I'd like it if it did, however.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:27 AM   #167
in development

Height: 5' 6"

No butter or peanut butter on Sunday or Monday. Streak is 13.

In the past, I hadn't thought that 'streaking' would be a useful tool for me but I've been watching how helpful it is for posters over on the Beck Diet board. A team challenge was introduced by ForMyGirls and it's spurred people on. I think that Bill has used it successfully to corral his snack habit. GardenerJoy already had a very healthy daily exercise streak in operation. I'm starting to see some benefit to my streak as I politely but firmly put eating butter and peanut butter back into its place: it's not about me (another great Bill phrase).

A rest day today as yesterday's deadlifts and rowing have made my SI joint niggle. I'll be moving my L foot and ankle about to loosen them up (goal is to be as flexible as my R), and trying to stop my L knee hurting when I come down our very steep and narrow staircase. Actually, I might do better if I treated it as a ladder and came down backwards. (There used to be a ladder there before modernisation in about the 60s.)
Old 01-14-2014, 06:37 AM   #168

S/C/G: 152/ticker/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Birchie Some people do well with streaks and challenges. Glad it's working for you.

I didn't eat last night - too tired and unhappy. Went to bed at 9 p.m. after lying in the dark living room listening to water dripping into the large plastic tub we have there to contain the water from upstairs. SIGH. So many expensive repairs.

I need to get out there and promote myself and get new clients. But I really don't want to work like a horse any more. I was so hoping that I could pull back a bit. Not this year apparently.

I need to find smaller dogs to walk.

Dagmar

Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow" - Mary Ann Radmacher

Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:56 AM   #169
in development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
Birchie Some people do well with streaks and challenges. Glad it's working for you....

I need to find smaller dogs to walk.
I lack a powerful competitive gene so I can't do challenges. I think I've repackaged 'streak' as something to do with 'strength of will' but only in a small, bounded area where I'm pretty certain I'll be OK. I may expand things a bit later on.

When I was in London there seemed to be more tiny lapdogs than I've seen before. I don't know whether that's because London is now the sixth biggest French city in the world (and I think Parisiennes have been keen on lapdogs for a while.) Now I come to think of it, Chekhov wrote The Lady with a Lapdog (OK, in 1899, I give you that) and there are also lots of Russians in London. Having a dog as a fashion accessory seems completely stupid and wrong to me. /ramble
Old 01-14-2014, 08:09 AM   #170

S/C/G: 152/ticker/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
I lack a powerful competitive gene so I can't do challenges. I think I've repackaged 'streak' as something to do with 'strength of will' but only in a small, bounded area where I'm pretty certain I'll be OK. I may expand things a bit later on.

When I was in London there seemed to be more tiny lapdogs than I've seen before. I don't know whether that's because London is now the sixth biggest French city in the world (and I think Parisiennes have been keen on lapdogs for a while.) Now I come to think of it, Chekhov wrote The Lady with a Lapdog (OK, in 1899, I give you that) and there are also lots of Russians in London. Having a dog as a fashion accessory seems completely stupid and wrong to me. /ramble
Most of the tiny "slipper dogs" literally started out as fashion accessories. Ladies of the court used to carry them in their sleeves. Now people have them in shoulder bags.

By smaller dogs to walk I mean in the 25-40 lb. range - ones I can pick up. Right now the average dog I walk weighs about 70-80 lbs. I did a calculation and it turns out I walk about 2 1/2 TONS of dogs every week.

Dagmar

Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow" - Mary Ann Radmacher

Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:24 AM   #171
in development

Default Ye gods!

Asian elephant walking

That's equivalent to a smaller Asian elephant. (New Scientist commented recently that as 'elephant' has come to be a unit of weight, we need to divide it up into milliphants or something.)
Old 01-14-2014, 10:29 AM   #172

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post

I sometimes wish my scale did more than 0.5 increments. I don't think I'd like it if it did, however.
My old one was .5 increments. DD bought me the one that does .1 increments for Christmas a year or so ago. I couldn't let go of the old one until I got matching weights three days in a row. The old one now resides in her old bathroom. I still prefer it--mainly because there is no battery to have to replace.

Day 1 (yes, late start) on track except I forgot to log all the food so I'll go back and do that. Slept great last night despite sharing MY side of the bed with a dog and cat.

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
``•Allison•``
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)

“A Year from Now You May Wish You Had Started Today”~Karen Lamb
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:18 AM   #173

S/C/G: 178/122/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post

Day 1 (yes, late start) on track except I forgot to log all the food so I'll go back and do that. Slept great last night despite sharing MY side of the bed with a dog and cat.
Lousy sleep for me-- dogs and cats are always in the bed. I bought a living social for a box of organic produce that was supposed to be dropped off during the night. I slept lightly and kept dreaming until the package came at 2 am. Jozi barked her fool head off to alarm me. Then I had trouble getting back to sleep and kept having weird dreams. I hope it doesn't affect my food/exercise today. When I get home I have to figure out how to use all the produce that I don't normally eat.... by myself of course.

2014 workout goals:
365 total workouts including a minimum of 250 bikram yoga classes

So far:
298/365 workouts
234 bikram yogas
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:08 PM   #174
Maintaining

S/C/G: 190/139/130

Height: 5'5.5"

(Snickering in my head imagining Birchie streaking. In my mind I'm picturing down a crowded street in London, or at the Olympics or some other fabulous locale, with some kind of sign saying 'for the peanut butter!' or some such. The things my mind goes to when I'm left alone inside my head.)

I've now done all four of the phase one workouts. There are four, and I repeat them until each workout is done 6 times. As I've opted for the 3x per week rather than every other day, that means I'll finish in seven weeks after which I'll follow a prescribed deload week. I am so much more sore than I feel like I should be. I'm often reminded lately how I really am out of shape.

This new workout uses my suspension trainer straps more than I've ever used them before. They are seriously hard. Wow.

Hope your day gets better,Michele.

Slipper dogs. I love that phrase. Don't so much love those people who carry them in their purse, though.

Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:23 PM   #175
in development

I have no shame as I am awesome.

Have you got through the answering questions / saying things out loud phase of your programme, Shannon?
Old 01-14-2014, 01:29 PM   #176

How are you feeling today Becky??

2014 workout goals:

So far:
298/365 workouts
234 bikram yogas
Old 01-14-2014, 01:43 PM   #177
in development

Michele, do you know what you're going to have?

I've just put red cabbage, onions and cooking apples into the oven for an hour and a half. With cinnamon, cloves (and should be nutmeg but we've run out) + salt and pepper, brown sugar and wine vinegar. Also 1/2 oz butter which is such a tiny amount amongst all the veg that I'm not going to count it. We're going to have it with pork chops.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:49 PM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
Michele, do you know what you're going to have?

I've just put red cabbage, onions and cooking apples into the oven for an hour and a half. With cinnamon, cloves (and should be nutmeg but we've run out) + salt and pepper, brown sugar and wine vinegar. Also 1/2 oz butter which is such a tiny amount amongst all the veg that I'm not going to count it. We're going to have it with pork chops.
I think I need a nap!
I read what you wrote and my first thought was that I'm not pregnant! Ha!
That's probably because we currently have at least TEN pregnant teachers at my school!

I am planning on grilled chicken that I defrosted and some sort of veggie for dinner. I'm more concerned about snacking through the day which I sometimes do when I'm particularly tired. Your cabbage dish sounds delish!

2014 workout goals:

So far:
298/365 workouts
234 bikram yogas
Old 01-14-2014, 02:18 PM   #179
in development

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
I think I need a nap!
I read what you wrote and my first thought was that I'm not pregnant! Ha!
That's probably because we currently have at least TEN pregnant teachers at my school!

I am planning on grilled chicken that I defrosted and some sort of veggie for dinner. I'm more concerned about snacking through the day which I sometimes do when I'm particularly tired. Your cabbage dish sounds delish!
Very sorry!

I meant 'what is in the box of organic produce?' !
Old 01-14-2014, 04:01 PM   #180
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/156.0/<148

Height: 5'7.5"

Michele, I'm somewhat better today, thanks. I still get some angry sensations from my lower back when I bend forward. The leg pains are gone, thank goodness. My coach strongly recommended that I join the "Pilates for Core" class that's local to the pool - it is taught by a RPT who knows a lot about what competitive swimming does to the body. I guess quite a few of the team members go. I'll have to look into it.

silverbirch, I am giggling at the thought of "milliphants". Microcows and minipigs already exist ... let's just jump off the cliff entirely and do 'em all. Imagine a little microstampede of tiny cattle all around your knees. Heehee!!!! Links for the brave and/or curious: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...feet-tall.html

Shannon, sounds like you're doing well with the program! I too get a little disgusted when I can't just fling myself into something new with no repercussions.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.