Maintainers Using Movement to Stay Sane Through the Holidays

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to

• Remember that this way of life is only partly about looking great in holiday clothes.

It's also about keeping moving to stay healthy and strong ... to make a New Year's resolution to exercise less necessary ... to enjoy being alive and discovering what your body is capable of doing ... to relieve the stress of having to complete additional tasks related to the holidays.

That's why we're maintainers moving through December, all the way to the edge of a new year.
  • Sunday, December 1st:

30 minutes StairMaster, random surprise intervals, down to resistance of four on this particular machine
    60 minutes shoulders, bicep & tricep routine
  • December 1: 10 miles running - treadmill (1:27:03) incline of 2
    15 minute cool down on elliptical - 5 resistance, ramp angle 30%
    30 minutes foam rolling
    squat stretches
  • Nothing yet in December. Heheh
  • Monday, Dec. 2nd:

45 minute spin class with Patti, the Upstate instructor who likes lots of regular seated peddling but at very high resistance, unlike the choreographed routines in the gym downstate
  • Great photo Saef!!

Dec. 1: double Bikram classes-- one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Hard!! But prob won't do anything today....

2 100 minute Bikram yoga classes

Totals:
    2 workouts
    200 minutes
  • December 2: Bob Harper's Pure Burn Super Strength DVD (67 mins)
    50 minutes core and ab work - including 200 push ups and 50 chin ups!!
    30 minutes foam rolling
    squat stretches
  • Dec 2:
    -20 min on arc trainer
    -12 min on stair stepper
    -planks, leg raises, situps, side planks
  • Dec 3rd

30 minutes StairMaster, aerobic intervals, resistance at seven, I don't know why I couldn't manage nine but there was no way
    60 minutes shoulders, chest & tricep routine
  • Dec 3 AM:
    -20 min running on treadmill, 2.25 miles
    -80 glute bridges with 45# plate
    -20 body weight squats
  • Michele, sorry, my laptop froze when I was writing here, and when I revisited the site to re-do the entry, I forgot to respond to you a second time. Yeah, it's a fun photograph, though personally I don't think I'll ever get to the point where I would run outside in public in a sports bra with my abs showing, never mind the outdoor temperatures.
  • If I looked like some of those women in the pic, I'd pretty much be naked all the time!

December 3: 7 miles running(56:38)
    30 minutes foam rolling
    squat stretches
    45 minutes weight lifting (shoulders, chest and triceps)
  • Quote: Great photo Saef!!

Dec. 1: double Bikram classes-- one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Hard!! But prob won't do anything today....

2 100 minute Bikram yoga classes

Totals:
    2 workouts
    200 minutes
    Dec. 2: rest day (no time!)

Dec. 3: 100 minutes Bikram yoga with my NOT favorite teacher.

Totals:
    3 workouts
    300 minutes
  • Wednesday, Dec. 4th:

45 minute spin class with weight intervals
  • Quote: Michele, sorry, my laptop froze when I was writing here, and when I revisited the site to re-do the entry, I forgot to respond to you a second time. Yeah, it's a fun photograph, though personally I don't think I'll ever get to the point where I would run outside in public in a sports bra with my abs showing, never mind the outdoor temperatures.
    I said the same thing Saef, then I found myself three miles into a 15k and was so overheated I was nauseated and dizzy. Ended up tying my shirt around my waist, and didn't even really notice. No comments from anyone, no one pointed and laughed. I even looked at the picture at the end of the race for a second. or two. LOL