Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #31  
Workin' It

LOL Megan, I seldom ever eat enough healthy fats.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I was going to have some healthy fat the other day but I couldn't get my knife into the avocado! It looked and felt like it was ripe, but no, it wasn't. My sandwich was bereft of avocado and I had to resort to a non-healthy fat (mayo).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Glad you took her to the vet Megan. Ouch-- I bet that hurts!

Dagmar-- I bet those papers are interesting to go through. Diaries are always fascinating and a true glimpse into someone's life.

Healthy fats... hmmm.... when dh cooks, he uses olive oil but I rarely use it as it is high calorie.

I have a crockpot meal going. I also have the maids coming. I joked to dh that I was the perfect housewife today-- cooking and cleaning for him!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #34  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
LOL Megan, I seldom ever eat enough healthy fats.
That could be the answer then. Healthy fats, the elixir of life. And skin and hair look gorgeous across the decades - just look at Becky, Megan and me!

Last edited by silverbirch; 09-19-2013 at 04:53 PM.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #35  

Last full day with DS at home. His BFF moved to his school on Friday so he hasn't had anywhere to go today. He and I went to Staples to get him supplies (he could have gone on his own, but he wanted my "help"). We also went to Target for a few things and then a stop at Trader Joe's for some veggies. After lunch he went with me to take his cat to the vet for his rabies shot. Once home he asked for my help in packing his clothes. Like he hasn't packed before! He said he wanted my "help." In the car at one point he said to me, "I'm really going to miss you." Dang. I'm going to miss him too! Tomorrow is move-in day. I told him he needs to check in on Facebook from time to time so I know he's alive. And I hope he remembers to eat (he said he would) and I packed a box full of snacks for his dorm room. DH said he'll be the most popular kid around! School doesn't start until Thursday and until then they have a lot of activities planned--a giant squirt gun fight (trying to break a world record for participants) and a blood drive.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Hope it's going well today Allison. Thinking of you as you drop off ds at school!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #37  
Chuggin' along...

So sweet, Allison. I'm sending you s.

It's been raining and storming here since yesterday afternoon. Dare I say it might be time to switch from iced to hot coffee in the mornings? I've got a batch of slow cooker black bean soup going for dinner tonight and meals this week. I stocked up on a ton of fresh produce in the city on Friday and am excited to incorporate it into my meals this week. It's a cozy day for sitting on the couch, going over and working on act 1 which is what we'll cover in rehearsal tonight.

BF is a bit upset with me. Last night we went out and despite my telling him that I was hungry and needed to eat, we didn't get home to dinner until 9 PM after driving through a rain storm in the golf cart (naturally his fault, I told him it was going to rain and we should take the car). I told him that being upset with me is ridiculous and I cannot possibly be held accountable for the things I say when I'm HANGRY, especially when he's known me for 8 years and knows I get cranky when I don't eat! Has anyone had similar arguments with their SOs?

I got my laptop back today and my new computer guy said my hard drive is fine. He thinks norton antivirus was causing problems thinking my network was a threat. He changed some settings and checked out everything else, and wouldn't even charge me "because he didn't do much", though he urged me to call him and let him listen to the sound if my computer does it again. The very first thing I did when I got home was order a portable hard drive to back-up this laptop. Whew.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #38  

DS is safe at school. And I cried when we left. Still am, really.

It'll be fine. I'll get used to it. We've texted quite a bit and he showed me how to use FaceTime.