Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Am I allowed to know about this stuff?
BillBlueEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:56 AM   #32  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Certainly, Bill. One of these days you'll find the information useful. Perhaps as the answer to a pub quiz question.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I actually use plain old Scotch brand double stick tape! I have one blouse that never sits just right--a little tape and voila! it stays in place.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
This stuff is what they use (I think) to give the really really skinny underwear models some bosom. Chanel Iman (I think that's the name) is a beautiful but really skinny girl and she now models for Victoria's Secret. I think they must put lots of this stuff on her to give her any suggestion of a bust.

Speaking of frilly underwear would any of you have any suggestions for which company I should choose for a gift card for my almost 16 year old niece? She will turn 16 at the end of October and I, as the naughty auntie who gave her a very sensible book about sex, would like for her to buy herself some nice lingerie AND some jammies too.

We have either Victoria's Secret or La Vie en Rose up here.

Dagmar
Give her a gift certificate to either store, she'll be ecstatic.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
Certainly, Bill. One of these days you'll find the information useful. Perhaps as the answer to a pub quiz question.
Or if you're picked to be a contestant on "Jeopardy" it might be the Daily Double.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #36  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Dagmar, actually, taping up boobs to get better cleavage requires a different product.

https://hollywoodfashionsecrets.com/...ast-lift-tape/

The one that I first showed in the thread is double-sided tape, very narrow and flexible, which doesn't make a crinkling noise when you move.

Bill, it's probably good for you to know that women on display are often illusionists.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #37  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Here's something anyone can use--if you have the hair to allow it.

http://cosmesearch.com/secretlift/
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Here's something anyone can use--if you have the hair to allow it.

http://cosmesearch.com/secretlift/
That's hilarious! Sorry, I'm thinking photoshop is much more in use in the video than the facelift tapes. But I have been wrong many many times before this.

And now inquiring minds want to know if there's a similar product for the backs of the thighs when you're wearing a bikini - can't very well use the Spanx there, can we?

Dagmar
Old 09-15-2013, 08:28 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
That's hilarious! Sorry, I'm thinking photoshop is much more in use in the video than the facelift tapes. But I have been wrong many many times before this.

And now inquiring minds want to know if there's a similar product for the backs of the thighs when you're wearing a bikini - can't very well use the Spanx there, can we?

Dagmar
I have enough trouble getting a wig on !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #40  
in development

Sunday - I'm not getting the hang of this at all. Looking back to when I was successful at losing weight, I was lifting a lot and I wasn't at home as much. Those things aren't possible nowadays so I've got to come at it from a different angle.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #41  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

I've been in a good place at my weight, actually maintaining, though higher than I want to. But I suspect what has helped is that I am now running at least once and often twice a week. I'm unsurprised to find I'm slower to recover from running than from lower-impact cardio at the gym. I still consider the twice-a-week run to be experimental. I will give it another week. The changeup of my work schedule to commute on Mondays will make this harder to do.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #42  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

This week's average is 151.5, 0.8 down from last week. Next week is a huge unknown - I won't have a scale, and will not have much control over what I eat. It'll be a good test of on-the-fly life management.

I ran the Applefest 5K in 33:46 yesterday. It would be hard to find more ideal conditions for a fast time - it was quite cool (48 at race time!), no wind, and incredibly flat. I didn't run the whole thing; I threw in a few walk breaks each mile. Guess that's the next step, to increase how far I can go each time. I think I'll make that a goal for the November 17th race we signed up for.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #43  
in development

Becky, tell me about your weekly average. Do you run it all the time, over the past seven days, or do you just calculate it once a week?

Saef, Becky - both running. Hmm. I really would like to but the niggly SI joint hates it.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #44  

I used to jog 6-8K with my sheperd/lab mix Kaya every morning except Sundays. She stopped when she was 11 and so did I at 30. I tried, about 6 years ago (to see if I still could at 50), to jog along the boardwalk for 2K. Pulled something in my thigh and was limping for 6 weeks. Tried again after recovering from that and pulled something in my butt.

Sometimes the body just won't do stuff any more once it gets to a certain point in life. For me that's jogging - no thanks my lower body says.

Dagmar
Old 09-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #45  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Silverbirch, I weigh daily Monday-Sunday and take the 7 day average. Like everyone else, I get the unexplained blips and the temporary "whooshes". As an engineer who works constantly with statistics, I am immune to what happens on a day-to-day basis. A single daily data point is meaningless to me - I'm numb to them. What does catch my attention is an average based on a properly obtained sample (same time every morning with all the same conditions) over a long period of time. I don't make graphs of it (I used to), but a control chart essentially follows an average over time, with a +/- "buffer" based on standard deviations. With a control chart, there are strict rules for interpretation based on the sampling. This is the sort of control that makes me the most comfortable and it helps separate a true trend from "noise". My weight averages were, literally, out of control on the upside, which meant it was time to adjust the process. Hence, the "Trust the Process" in my profile. If anybody really wants gory details about control charts, they are here: http://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Control-Chart . Instead of using a - d in the example, I use Mon/Tues .../Sun. 20 "subgroups" is 20 weeks of data, which I actually do have, back from 2009 when I lost the bulk of my bulk. A control chart is well suited to Maintenance - it's the theory behind the practice of the 5-bar maintainer's ticker that Bright Angel uses. Are you sorry you asked yet?
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote