3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Living Maintenance

Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Maintainers Weekly Chat August 19 - August 25

Old 08-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #76

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Soylent Green is PEOPLE! Ewwww!

I don't mind eating SOME of the same thing over and over. My weekend breakfast of a homemade egg mcmuffin is really good (so much better than MickyDee's) and I never tire of it. But lunches and dinners HAVE to vary.

My dogs get carrots to fill the void. I had to up Chico's food from 1 cup to 1.5 cups per meal as his oncologist said he can't lose weight. Misty on the other hand could stand to lose a few pounds. They both love pumpkin but I usually reserve that for those times when they've got diarrhea.

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
``•Allison•``
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)

“A Year from Now You May Wish You Had Started Today”~Karen Lamb
alinnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #77
Maintaining

S/C/G: 190/139/130

Height: 5'5.5"

I can typically eat the same meal over and over and over and over and over and can just keep eating it. If I don't stop and think about it. If I pause for a minute and lament my fate I go right off the rails. If I just eat it and don't ponder on it I'm all good. I think it comes from working in the restaurant biz for near on to 20 years. Many days I didn't get a break and had to eat whatever was at hand, often the same thing meal after meal. At least now I'm making those repetitive meals healthier.

I just read the review by the blogger who did the two week Soylent trial. I find it both intriguing and icky, almost equally. LOL

Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #78
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I read the same Soylent blogger experience. I could maybe go there if it was, like, naturally strawberry flavored or something. But I'm having a hard time overcoming the visual.

I eat the same 5 meals, over and over. Works for me. Too much variety or choice and everything goes sideways. Sad but true.

Progress Photos | Weekly Weight Loss | My Battle With Weight in Photos
My Blog: Mrs. Snark @ Bliss-a-go-go! (warning: I'm weird & I have a potty mouth)
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #79
Chuggin' along...

Soylent, ewww. Isn't that sort of like the slim fast idea? Or Special K shakes, etc? There have been a lot of diet iterations with similar ideas, though Soylent adds ecological implications as well. I am often torn between my inner foodie and my inner health conscious person, but ultimately, I like to eat the same things that I like a lot but don't love so much I obsess about them over and over again. I don't eat the exact same thing 5 days a week but when I prep food I prep for several days at once. Of course I do that for money (you rarely buy a single serving of things and I hate to waste) and time (if I'm making one why not make 3?) purposes as well.

I also don't mean to slam slim fast etc if help people get healthier. They just aren't for me.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #80

S/C/G: 178/122/125

Height: 5'5"

Just in case you were checking in, Jozi is FINE!! I'm running out the door to yoga but I'll go into more detail later. Thanks for thinking of us. I was so worried!

2014 workout goals:
365 total workouts including a minimum of 250 bikram yoga classes

So far:
298/365 workouts
234 bikram yogas
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #81

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

YAY YAY YAY!!! I needed some good news! Can't wait to hear details!

Jen

"I'm through accepting limits, cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change but 'til I try I'll never know!" ~ Wicked ~

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said 'I just don't care!'" ~ Pink ~

http://jenhudsonmosher.blogspot.com/

My goal reached thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...ncers-say.html
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #82
Michelle the Vegan

So glad to hear about Jozi!

My Blog: Mrs. Snark @ Bliss-a-go-go! (warning: I'm weird & I have a potty mouth)
Old 08-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #83
Maintaining

S/C/G: 190/139/130

Height: 5'5.5"

I was totally wondering about Jozi, I've been stalking your FB all day.

Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:21 PM   #84
Midsize B%^$#*tch

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)156/(G)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Checked in before bedtime to hear about Jozi, and I'm sitting here smiling to myself.

But unfortunately I'll be working on the weekend because of that Ballmer retirement announcement.

I did go get a spa pedicure before returning to the laptop, though.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:19 AM   #85

How sweet you guys. You made me smile!

Jozi's urine showed no signs of diabetes or kidney failure. She was due for her annual exam and she got a full exam. For a dog her age, she's doing fine. She has a few age related changes but nothing major. I'm always trying to get her to gain weight and she was up 4 pounds to 111 so that was great too! I'm thinking she just has been drinking more due to the heat and she can be a sun bum. Sometimes she just lays in the sun and forgets to do her business.

I was thrilled about her but now one of my cats isn't well. I've spent the evening cleaning my bed, his bed, the closet and giving him a bath! Ugh. Hopefully he will be okay and I won't be making another vet trip! When I told dh about the cat, he said we need to get down to one pet. I don't like that idea!

2014 workout goals:

So far:
298/365 workouts
234 bikram yogas
Old 08-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #86

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Way to go, Jozi !
Old 08-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #87
Michelle the Vegan

I'm so glad Jozi is doing well -- though I'm sorry to hear about the kitty.

I used to have Great Pyrenees dogs -- a male and a female -- and they had a long, rough, old age (one lived to 13 and the other to 14, a long time for a giant breed!). I always was a big dog person, but taking care of them in their extreme dotage was so very hard physically! As I've aged I started downsizing. I do miss big dog loving, but my 3 terriers try hard to be big in attitude!

Old 08-24-2013, 10:27 PM   #88

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Michele - what does the vet think is causing the incontinence?

13 is an AMAZING life span for a Great Pyrenees! You were incredibly lucky Mrs snark!

My brindle boy just turned 4 and his muzzle is turning grey! !!

"I'm through accepting limits, cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change but 'til I try I'll never know!" ~ Wicked ~

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said 'I just don't care!'" ~ Pink ~

http://jenhudsonmosher.blogspot.com/

My goal reached thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...ncers-say.html
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:26 AM   #89

Jen... She didn't have any good answers so I think it's that she is developing arthritis in her hips making her hesitant to get up. So sometimes she doesn't do her business when she should. I'm going to make sure I watch her more outside to make sure she goes.

Kitty seems ok to me.

Michelle... I started small and got bigger. I started with mini dachshunds, then we had a Boston Terrier, then Labs, Dobermans, and finally our Great Dane. We also have a mini dachshund so they make a cute pair!

2014 workout goals:

So far:
298/365 workouts
234 bikram yogas
Old 08-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #90
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/156.0/<148

Height: 5'7.5"

MrsSnark - welcome aboard!

michele - glad to hear Jozi is okay, and that the kitty is doing better! Congrats on your new niece!

allison - the Culley story had me laughing; I know it was stressful for him but your description was priceless. Hope the sinus stuff stops at your head. I have to say, "haboob" got me curious enough to fire up Google. What a name!

saef - work seems to be eating more than its allotted percentage of your life lately. I hope it settles down for you soon (after the Ballmer thing gets settled, at least). Any chance the elbow thing is related to the increased keyboard time? I have to be ridiculously finicky with my ergonomics or my neck/shoulder stuff flares up in ugly ways. Re bunnies - personalities roam the spectrum, just like other animals. And that's yet another darn good reason for adopting from a shelter, as they know who loves to sit in laps, who wants to be picked up, and who prefers to be left alone. Alcide is our little tyrant, but loves pampering, and Jamie will cuddle for treats yet becomes a lunatic if picked up.

dagmar - here's to hoping you get your coffee and newspaper today! I am in awe of your ability to re-do decorating decisions swiftly.

shannon - sorry about the loss of your uncle James. Sounds like he was a good guy.

Jen - distance runners and bagels seem to go together. After spending the summer training with some folks that routinely log 70-80 miles per week, I've begun to believe they are darn near a staple food. Want to dish on any of the details of the zucchini casserole? I need some fresh ideas!

bargoo - good to see you posting. I hope that soon you'll be feeling up to having some fuzzy companionship; Allison's idea of visiting a shelter might be a great option.

megan - trying to send some sunshine your way. I'd love to trade you a full day of sun for a full day of rain!

I have to say that the whole People Chow/Soylent discussion freaked me out a little. I cannot imagine a life without the intrigue of new foods. It's sort of like talking to my friend in California (he started life as a Midwesterner) - he says hello, I ask how the weather is, and he replies every time "Sunny and 75, $#@^*".

Did the 10-Mile yesterday with DS14. In true "I'm immortal" teen fashion, he thought he could do it without training for it. About 4 1/2 miles in, he discovered the truth. I pondered the fork in the road for a moment, and chose to sacrifice what potentially could have been a dynamite time for getting DS through it on a happy note. We did a lot of walking. I confess, I did bail on him at the last half mile and ran full out for the finish. He tried to catch me, unsuccessfully. From here on out, I intend to keep working on the running, but only at the 5k level. It's long enough to qualify as exercise, but short enough not become a drudge (or trudge?).

My galpal and I went for a post-race pedicure. We went for the Deluxe, which included a calf massage, paraffin foot dip, and all the other basics. I think it's why my feet and legs don't hurt at all today. Between that and my freshly polished metallic purple toes, I have only good memories of race day.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.