Maintainers Weekly Chat June 10 - June 16

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • Oh, you guys! My daughter just sent me this:

photo
  • Quote: Oh, you guys! My daughter just sent me this:

photo
    What a beautiful bride she will be ! lCongratulations to the happy couple.
  • Congratulations to DD, Allison!
  • Allison,
    I can't see the photo at work but I'm guessing dd got engaged?!?
    Congratulations!!
  • Congratulations, Allison, future MIL.
  • Congrats all round. They look a very happy pair.
  • Allison, congrats to your DD!! Great pics!

Dagmar, my dad has a rottie and he is staunchly against neutering. The dog is pretty much never out of eyesight, but I still don't like the idea... and he's a handful for anyone other than my dad. But try talking sense into him - I definitely see where I got my stubbornness from! As far as school, I have 4 years of actual med school, two of which are classroom based and two of which will be on rotation (hands on). Then I'll do residency which means I'll have the degree and be a doc, but it's kind of like an apprenticeship - I'll still be working under someone else. The length of that varies based on degree of specialization.

On the coffee and crap diet... haha. I don't actually recommend it! I'm sure I won't give up the coffee but I'm making an effort to change the "crap" part.
  • Congrats to DD allison!
  • Aw, so sweet! Congratulations to your daughter, Allison!
  • Oh, and speaking of dreams, I have those binge dreams, too. But today I was napping and dreamed that I passed out during spin class and I was on the floor while the instructor was trying to talk to me to see if I was ok. I could hear her but couldn't talk. ugh.
  • Quote: How did that work out for him? Has he changed his approach at all?
    Didn't have to - he got married and his wife fed him very well from his mid 30's on. He's closing in on 60 now (years old that is) and he's remarkably fit, given that his wife is from Italy and loves to cook amazing food. I guess 100+ K of cycling every week and swimming all summer keep him trim.

Dagmar
  • Quote: Oh, you guys! My daughter just sent me this:

photo
    How lovely Allison. Congratulations to Dana and her beau.

Now you can start dieting in anticipation of the wedding and being the mother of the bride (running from the room as you throw rotten tomatoes at me )

Dagmar
  • Finally saw the pics Allison! They look so happy!
  • Congratulations, Allison!