3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Living Maintenance

Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Maintainers Weekly Chat June 10 - June 16

Old 06-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #31
in development

Height: 5' 6"

I'm glad you brought up NSVs, Michele. I've been thinking that I missed the term and that it could be useful.

I can go up stairs at work two at a time again. I wasn't able to for ages because my lower back wasn't working properly. And now I can. I can also (usually) jump down uneven steps in a particular piece of woodland and feel confident in the strength of my left leg.

You know, writing that makes me realise how this "injury" has affected the amount of exercise I've been taking over the past few years. And consequently my weight. Thankfully, I seem to have found someone who is helping me. He's a very knowledgeable personal trainer. I used to see him once a week and now it's every six weeks or so. It's a long haul.

Last edited by silverbirch : 06-11-2013 at 03:28 PM.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #32
Maintaining

S/C/G: 190/139/130

Height: 5'5.5"

I'm struggling for an NSV right now.

PC and I threw a great baby shower on Saturday, and everyone had lots of compliments about the food and entertainment. Does that count?

Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #33

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Yes, Shannon, that does count--especially after your stressful week AND the number of people that went to that shower!

I, too, struggle to find an NSV. I suppose mine is clothing related. Yes, the size 8 Not Your Daughter's Jeans shorts that I ordered fit to the point of being slightly large (they do tend to shrink with washing over time, so it'll be fine). Also the JJill order I got yesterday fit for the tops, but I have to send back the bottoms--I ordered large, you know, just in case. Huge is an overstatement! I will trade for medium, but frankly, I almost went for small because of how huge the larges were. On the other hand, I wear size 9 shoes and ordered two pair of sandals in 10 and one was too small. So I don't get that at all.

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
``•Allison•``
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)

“A Year from Now You May Wish You Had Started Today”~Karen Lamb
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #34

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

You bet your booty that counts, Shannon!!!

My NSV for today is despite my HATRED of the cold, I went out on my lunch hour in a cold rain and ran 7 miles, came back and ate a healthy low cal wrap with a side of carrots, celery and grape tomatoes! Even though I looked like this when I came back to work I don't regret it!

Sizing is just CRAZY, isn't it Allison? That's why I don't like ordering online unless they have easy returns to a local store. Even within the same store you can find wildly different sizing!

Jen

"I'm through accepting limits, cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change but 'til I try I'll never know!" ~ Wicked ~

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said 'I just don't care!'" ~ Pink ~

http://jenhudsonmosher.blogspot.com/

My goal reached thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...ncers-say.html

Last edited by CherryPie99 : 06-11-2013 at 04:01 PM.
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #35
in development

Yes, I certainly think so!

(One day you'll have to tell me what a baby shower is, why, how long they've been taking place and all those anthropological details I love to hear. I think you know that being able to learn more about other culture was a stimulus to me joining 3FC.)
Old 06-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
Yes, I certainly think so!

(One day you'll have to tell me what a baby shower is, why, how long they've been taking place and all those anthropological details I love to hear. I think you know that being able to learn more about other culture was a stimulus to me joining 3FC.)
A baby shower is a party given to an expectant mother. You give her gifts for the child (clothes, diapers, other equipment). It's similar to a bridal shower where you give gifts to the bride.

``•Allison•``

Old 06-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #37
in development

Thanks, Allison. The two types of shower both seem very woman-focused. Is it only women and children who attend?

Here we tend to give presents after the baby is (safely) born. We don't have bridal showers either: presents are given to both the bride and groom at the wedding (same idea - just about the time the deed is safely done). And the presents generally aren't opened in front of the person who brought them (though this varies a bit).

NSV - I can feel my abs very strongly when I pull them in.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #38

Yes, Birchie, showers do tend to be more woman focused. Sometimes children attend. But these days it isn't unusual for the men to attend as well. In fact, when my DH and I were married, my best friend (maid of honor) threw us a couples shower and the gifts were to be for couples rather than just the bride. It was cute--she assigned everyone that attended a certain time of day. So for example 7 AM could be an alarm clock, coffee maker, coffee cups, etc. And those that got the evening hours could be a bit more risque with lingerie or whatnot.

``•Allison•``

Old 06-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #39
in development

Fascinating. Thanks.

Time to turn out the light now. Night, all!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #40
Midsize B%^$#*tch

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)156/(G)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Jen, you are tanned and tiny. And you look like a teenager with your hair lashed back. I mean, I've seen your height & weight many a time on your posts, but this picture suddenly gave me a sense of scale. So I'm looking at that picture and thinking, "This woman feels large weighing in at about 122?" "Large" is not a word that comes to mind. "Lean," the word that threw you into a tailspin the other day, does indeed seem appropriate to me.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:30 AM   #41
in development

saef , I've just read in the Guardian about Bloomberg's flood defence proposals, including grants to property owners to floodproof their buildings. Is this likely to help your case? I'd like to think it would help but I know politics can be murky.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #42

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
Jen, you are tanned and tiny. And you look like a teenager with your hair lashed back. I mean, I've seen your height & weight many a time on your posts, but this picture suddenly gave me a sense of scale. So I'm looking at that picture and thinking, "This woman feels large weighing in at about 122?" "Large" is not a word that comes to mind. "Lean," the word that threw you into a tailspin the other day, does indeed seem appropriate to me.
Geez Saef, you flatter me way too much! I just don't see it. It's not that I feel "large" at 122, I just feel "not small" if that makes any sense.

I don't think I shared this with you guys but this weekend I was in Lowe's to pick up a couple things - after working in my gardens all day and looking pretty horrible - and some woman recognized me from my blog! It was so weird and surreal!

She came up to talk to me and asked if I was the woman who maintains the weight loss and fitness blog and said that she was so excited to see me in real life.

But that was her comment - that I am "tiny" and that this surprised her.

Having a "Murphy's Law" kind of morning here and some jerk brought in donuts that are calling me! Send some anti-donut vibes my way, PLEASE!

Jen

"I'm through accepting limits, cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change but 'til I try I'll never know!" ~ Wicked ~

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said 'I just don't care!'" ~ Pink ~

http://jenhudsonmosher.blogspot.com/

My goal reached thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...ncers-say.html
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #43

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Jen, did you see my donut story that I posted yesterday ? It was something of an epiphany for me.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #44

S/C/G: 178/122/125

Height: 5'5"

That's a major NSV Jen!!
Step away from the donuts-- I did yesterday and I survived.

Another NSV for me last night at bikram yoga. My dd went three days in a row with me and then not last night (she's back at school)-- so several people asked me about her-- one asked if she was my daughter-- but a young girl asked if she was my sister! She and I started talking-- she had been very sweet to dd when she was there-- encouraging her-- this young girl told me how impressed she was with dd-- that bikram is a real struggle for her (she looks amazing btw)-- she said she is 23 and just finishing school, has a three year old and is getting married next week. She was impressed that my dd was 22 and finishing school with a job. I need to share with dd-- you never know how people may touch your life.

2014 workout goals:
365 total workouts including a minimum of 250 bikram yoga classes

So far:
298/365 workouts
234 bikram yogas
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #45
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Jen, your stomach will hurt all day if you eat a donut. It will lie there like a brick for hours.

Michele, I am glad you and your dd had such a nice time together.

A friend from my gym asked me if we could work out together today. We did some of the stuff I would normally do on my own and she said she felt like she does when she works with a trainer and that she might throw up. She is 15 years younger than me, btw.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.