3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Living Maintenance

Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Maintainers Weekly Chat May 13 - May 19

Old 05-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #31

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

HAPPY BIRTHDAY , SHANNON !!
Old 05-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #32

S/C/G: 152/ticker/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Shannon

Dagmar

Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow" - Mary Ann Radmacher

Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
Shannon

Dagmar
I think Mudpie is singing Happy Birthday !!
Old 05-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #34

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Birthday, Shannon Karen

And Happy life to Mudpie (cat) - I've got friends who'd think that anything benign was a gift.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years and 1 month
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #35
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116/this is fine

Height: 5'5

Dagmar, Mudpie is really lucky to be cared for so well and I'm sure she will be happily around for some time to come.

I went out to dinner (Chinese food!) and am up a bit but not by a huge margin. Feeling very at peace with food lately.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/krampus
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #36

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Happy b-day Shannon!!!! I know you've been having a rough time lately. How great that your birthday falls right now - it's a chance to wipe the slate clean. Tomorrow marks day 1 of a new year and a new you!!

Dagmar - I think that all things considered this is not terrible news. I hope that Mudpie enjoys however much time she has left and when it is time, she will slip away to the Rainbow Bridge peacefully in her sleep. She is a lucky cat to be so loved and well cared for.

jen

"I'm through accepting limits, cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change but 'til I try I'll never know!" ~ Wicked ~

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said 'I just don't care!'" ~ Pink ~

http://jenhudsonmosher.blogspot.com/

My goal reached thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...ncers-say.html
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #37
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Happy birthday, Shannon, and many of them!

Dagmar and Mudpie.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #38

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Happy Birthday Shannon! Any big plans?

Dagmar, thankfully it is benign and hopefully it won't interfere with Mudpie's functioning. My in-laws cat developed a tumor on or near his heart a little over a year ago. Due to previous problems with anesthesia they decided it best not to try and remove it. Over time it bothered his breathing from time to time but otherwise you wouldn't have known there was any trouble.

I'm not feeling well today. Nausea and such. I had a meeting at work that I had to cancel. It wasn't anything special (someone trying to get me to switch to their 401k program) but that probably means they'll reschedule it (unless DH let them know we really aren't interested). Meanwhile I have a hair appointment at noon and I have to go to that. Growing my hair out is hard! I'm at one of those places where I can't do anything with it. It's too long for some things and too short for others and I have that gala tomorrow and I want to look nice!

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
``•Allison•``
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)

“A Year from Now You May Wish You Had Started Today”~Karen Lamb
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #39
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/postpartum/135

Height: 5'4"

Happy birthday Shannon!

Dagmar, it is totally okay to cry about our pets' mortality, even if they've had a good long life. I sometimes think about the fact that Carter is 9 years old and probably won't be with us more than a couple more years and cry about it, even though he's perfectly healthy right now.

Well, the magic super-fast weight loss has stalled out. I actually gained a pound today. I think I may need to pop over to the pregnant/nursing forum for some advice. I need to figure out a balance to eat enough for milk production but keep my weight coming off, since I've still got 35lbs to go. I've been eating more the past couple days because it seems to help me to not be so exhausted all the time. I admit I've been dealing with the stress of the NICU by eating a lot of dessert too. At least my main meals are still pretty healthy.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #40
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/156.0/<148

Height: 5'7.5"

Good news to report! It turns out that one of the medications Dad was given was causing the lung crud. Once that was switched out for something different, he made a huge turnaround in under 12 hours. Today he's got color, he's eating again, and he only coughed a little twice in the time I visited with him. Now he just needs to finish clearing up the infection and get some strength back - he could be home for the weekend! I cannot thank you all enough for devoting some of your time to thinking of him - we need to bottle that stuff!

Dagmar, your decision with Mudpie sounds very solid. Mortality is a very rough thing to contemplate, for pets or people. You betcha tears are OK, whenever and for however long it takes. And so are a few jellybeans.

Our training group met for the first time last night, and although we planned to go 4 miles, it was such a perfect evening we went 5.6! I remember now what I do like about running - it erases the brain for a while.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHANNON!!!!

Last edited by ICUwishing : 05-15-2013 at 03:53 PM.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #41

Becky, good news about your Dad I hope he continues to improve.
Congratulations on the 5.6 mile run ! Awesome !
Old 05-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #42
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 225/138/125

Height: 5'3"

Becky, good news about your dad. My dad had a UTI and seemed near death until they got the meds right, after which he had a very fast turnaround. I've been on the rollercoaster a lot lately so I sympathize.

Dagmar, I think you've made a good decision for Mudpie. One of my cats developed liver cancer when he was about 15 and I opted not to put him through the torment of chemo (he HATED going to the vet). He had another 2 good years. It's normal to want to do whatever we can to extend our pets' lives but it's not always what's the most humane.

Jessica, I'm glad the girls are doing so well. Do you have any idea when they might come home?

I went for a 4-mile walk on Sunday and it was one mile too many. I've been quite hobbled since. I can't believe how much worse it's gotten since last fall, when I was feeling pretty fit. I try not to get too discouraged, but it's hard.

In better news, I did a lot of work in the garden over the weekend and it looks lovely! I have a woodchuck who apparently agrees, as I see it pretty much every day out there.

Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #43
Maintaining

S/C/G: 190/139/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Thanks for the birthday wishes all! We had a nice day yesterday. We are going to see the new Star Trek movie tomorrow with my MIL, and and maybe today as well just the two of us.

Dagmar - i think that is a good decision on Mudpie. Enjoy your time with her.

Becky - great news about your dad! It is hard to sort out when the medicine is causing the problem. Makes me want to stop taking anything.

Jessica - that is a hard one to balance. Feeding you enough to feed them. I can't imagine. Glad they are doing well.

Hope Allison and Saef are feeling better today. Good day everyone!

Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #44
Midsize B%^$#*tch

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)156/(G)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Becky, so it wasn't entirely about your father's body, it was about something outside his control, a bad choice of treatment? What a great relief to learn this. As someone who's dealing with "lung crud" today myself, though to a much lesser degree, I also want to salute your choice of words.

Shannon, actually I thought of you when I saw the advertisements for the upcoming Star Trek movie. And also, harkening back to something you said in another post, I remember how much you enjoyed your day having tea in Woodbury, the fictional town of the Walking Dead, and I hate thinking that photographs taken there later took that joy away when you became critical of yourself, even though others told you that you looked good. Remember how you **felt.** Because that corresponds with what others said.

Jessica, you definitely need to talk with the other nursing mothers here because of your body's function in nourishing the girls. My imperfect understanding is that you can eat better than a lot of us on this board, for a short, golden period of your life. Oh, and how is Carter doing with the babies? Has he met them formally at all?

Dagmar, go ahead and cry. I still grieve for Fritz. Actually it's easier than grieving for my father, because my relationship with Fritz was a lot simpler. I'm still filled with astonishment that animals & people can bond with one another. It feels like such an honor & privilege to be claimed by a cat.

I'm at the office in Connecticut today, about to go into a staff meeting that's being televised on a big screen, like a movie. I'll be there on screen with my wad of tissues beside my yellow legal pad and my laptop. I am coughing and spitting crud. I'm looking forward to a Pilates class tonight. I'm seeking some kind of reassurance that three days off hasn't resulted in irreparable physical deterioration, and doesn't mean I'll forever be unable to do unassisted pullups or bench-press my weight. It's that deadly all or nothing thinking again. It is not a friend to my mind.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #45

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Becky~such great news about your dad!

Steph~that is exactly what happens to me. While I feel fine during the walk the day or two (or three) afterward are horrible. I do believe mine is some sort of arthritis in my hips. If I work up to 4 miles I have trouble. But if I tackle 3 or 4 miles out of the blue, I'm in pain for days. Aleve usually helps me get through the worst of it. These days I can manage 3 miles without pain and I do that a couple times a week.

Shannon~we're doing the Star Trek movie on Sunday. Hope it's good!

Jessica~when I was nursing I didn't really try to lose weight. I knew I needed to drop the pounds but what I found was that trying to maintain and eat healthy led to a very easy loss once I stopped nursing (at around 6 months). I think it is because I was consuming more calories than I needed myself just to insure good milk production. Then when nursing stopped and I began a diet (back then it was low fat, IDK what I'd do these days) I lost a considerable amount (40+ pounds) in less than 5 months. The first 10 fell off in like a week. Maybe tweak your calories to maintain for a week or two and then shave some off for a slight loss?

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
``•Allison•``
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)

“A Year from Now You May Wish You Had Started Today”~Karen Lamb
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.