Goal! Now what?

• So I'm not at goal yet but I'm oooo so close. And it occurred to me that all my life I've been getting fat, then the past 8 months I've been getting fit. I've been so focused on how to do this right it never crossed my mind what to do once I made it. What did you do to plan for maintance? Ill soon be at 155bs, 5ft tall and been on 1350 cals a day since I started my journey. I don't even know what to eat to maintain. Help?.?.
  • WannaB2Cute--You are in the same spot I was about a month ago. That makes me no expert, just someone who gets where you are at. What I'm focusing on now is figuring out my maintenance calorie range. I'm weighing myself every day and logging my calories to see what I can get away with. I've increased my calories by about 150 so far and will keep playing around until I figure out my sweet spot. Good luck!
  • So what's your daily allowance
  • Bump
  • That makes me no expert, just someone who gets where you are at.
  • It all depends. Are you happy where you're at or do you want to lose more? If you don't want to lose any more, you should gradually (very slowly) raise your calories. Everyone is different and you have to play around to find your "sweet spot". Perhaps you'll be able to go up 200 a day and maintain-- but it could be more or less. If you would like to lose a few more pounds and aren't too miserable eating the number of calories you're eating, then keep doing what you're doing with perhaps a small indulgence here or there.

Good luck and congrats!
    Lots of great advice here so stick around!
  • WannaB2cute. You and I have the same problem, being short. We shorties just do not require the same amount of calories that our taller sisters and brothers do.
    For maintenance I eat between 1200-1400 calories a day but it does require constant vigilance. There just is no set answer that works for everybody.Just as in dieting it takes a lot of trial and error to find what works best for us individually.