Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-11-2013, 06:02 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Dagmar, I know it is difficult to wait for test results, but try and stay calm and stay out of the jelly beans ! Let us know what you find out. I am a dog person but my very first pet was a cat , he was the same age as me and his name was Tiger, I was a toddler, I still have pictures of Tiger and me together. These 4 legged friends stay in our hearts forever.
I am a bit more worried about how DH is going to react if I say we should not aggressively treat a pretty frail 16 year old cat but let her go and give her care and comfort til the end. I have seen too many clients inadvertently make their pets suffer to keep them going for a couple more months.

And the vets treating there frail elderly pets seem to go along with this. Not necessarily because they will make a pile of money but because they are afraid of legal action by a client if the pet is euthanized.

Mud is too nice a girl to have to go through that. I think Mud will let me know when she's done with things. And then I will end it for her. Same for the fat cat.

Now I am going to think of more positive things and go shopping for new flooring and get upholstery samples for the new house today! Then paint colours. It's time I started looking forward to moving in!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Dagmar, I know you will make the right decision however tough that may be.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #63  
Workin' It

Dagmar
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #64  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Thinking of you, Jen, and wondering how your race day went. Down here, it was gray with a little drizzle.

Dagmar, I'm thinking of Fritz. My mother asked the vet to call me, after the blood tests. He laid out three courses of treatment for me, as he had for my mother. He tried to sound neutral, but some of the choices sounded as if they were for people who just can't bear to let go, and those seemed like the more selfish courses of action, to keep the cat lingering for our own emotional comfort, rather than taking into account the cat's physical discomfort. And that seems too one-sided, like **using** an animal for something, simply because we can. Anyway, I know what you mean. I wish you luck. My mother still misses Fritz badly, and I do, too.

Last edited by saef; 05-11-2013 at 06:44 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Dagmar, I have unfortunately faced the decision way too many times of whether to aggressively treat a condition or just let my pet go, and no matter what, I have doubts about the choice I have made. But we're not there yet with Mud, right? If it's benign the vet might recommended you just leave it, am I correct?

I finished my 1/2 marathon today. Conditions = downpouring rain for the first 5 miles and cold - 58 degrees. The rain then let up, but it was WINDY! My GPS showed the course .5 miles SHORT exactly. I'm waiting to hear from other runners what their watches said. It was so freaking cold that everyone pretty much took off after they finished.

My time was 1:39:09. They said that they had a "glitch" with the timing chips, but it is fixable. So I don't know how I placed yet. Pretty sure I scored in my age group.
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote