Maintainers Weekly Chat May 6 - May 12

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Chris - CONGRATS! Bring that happiness with you everywhere!

Ohhh they're so tiny, Jessica! Congratulations!
  • Jessica, thanks for the pics. I'm glad to hear the girls are doing so well.

I'm developing a cold and am miserable. Boo, life.
  • Mudpie goes for her ultrasound today. I think surgery is probably going to happen and the ultrasound will help confirm where and how extensive it has to be.

I couldn't feed her this morning. I thought I was cranky when I got hungry . . . she's been yowling for 10 straight minutes now.

Dagmar
  • Good luck Dagmar with your surgery etc. You're in my prayers.
  • Quote: Good luck Dagmar with your surgery etc. You're in my prayers.
    Sorry! I think I might have created a bit of confusion here. Mudpie is my cat AND my "name" at 3FC. The cat is going in for ultrasound and possibly surgery. I am fine, as far as I know.

Thanks for the prayers though, Mudpie the cat will probably need them.

Dagmar
  • Hope all goes well with Mudpie, Dagmar.
  • Prayers for Mudpie... please keep us posted....
  • Will be praying for Mudpie. I know how much our pets mean to us. My friends cat somehow got a quilting needle stuck in her throat.Of course she couldn't eat. Long story short after a couple of visits to the vet , the needle was discovered, she had surgery and is fine.
  • Oh I hope Mudpie gets good news! One of our cats is getting very old and I can't even think about losing him!

Jessica - it sounds and looks like the girls are doing wonderfully! You must be in heaven!

My half marathon is tomorrow. I'm excited and nervous. Unfortunately the weather forecast is cold and rainy! So that sucks. Really hoping to at least place in my age group, we'll see...

Jen
  • Jen-- yuck.... good luck with the weather and placing! I'm sure you'll do great!!

I am freaking out because I'm pretty sure I'm getting sick. Ugh. Flying out tonight to Spokane-- can't be sick.... gonna have to fake feeling okay.... My eyes have been bothering me for a few days-- I thought/think I'm getting a stye-- but now my head/throat hurt and I'm achy. Not a happy camper.

At least I won't be so disappointed about missing the gym today as I probably wouldn't exercise anyway if I'm feeling lousy.....
  • Mudpie the cat has a mass attached to her liver. They took a biopsy and some fluid came out with it. They are doing tests of the biopsy sample and the fluid and will let us know Monday. Of course I Googled it and came up with this

https://www.addl.purdue.edu/newslett...ring/bcc.shtml

We will know more on Monday. I resisted the urge to run to the grocery store and buy jelly beans, my current binge food of choice. Gonna be a long weekend.

Dagmar
  • Dagmar, I read what you googled; sounds not ... final? I did see the big "benign", so that's a positive, yes? Stay off the beans !
  • I hope you get good news on Monday, Dagmar.

Good luck with the 1/2, Jen! I am sure you will rock it.

Michele, you are not sick. Nope. Nu uh.
  • Oh, Dagmar, I'm so sorry! At least it is benign. No chemo needed. Talk to your vet about what liver support she might need. I know it is harder with a cat, but we give milk thistle, alfalfa and Sam-E to Chico to support his liver through his chemo. Perhaps some might be of help to her.
  • Dagmar, I know it is difficult to wait for test results, but try and stay calm and stay out of the jelly beans ! Let us know what you find out. I am a dog person but my very first pet was a cat , he was the same age as me and his name was Tiger, I was a toddler, I still have pictures of Tiger and me together. These 4 legged friends stay in our hearts forever.