Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat Apr 22 - Apr 28

Good grief. Since I spent last Friday in "Secure in Place" I've lost a day. I've been off a day ever since, and I even forgot to start the thread this morning.

Most discussions around here revolve the bombings and subsequent shoot out and arrest. We're fixated. I'm trying not to use it as an excuse to do a little emotional eating. I have used it as an excuse to get way behind on exercise. New week. I start afresh.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:43 AM   #2  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Bill, I'd guess that's going to be the "lost day" for quite a while. I've set my reminder already for the 2:50 minute of silence today. And you're right, a fresh week has all sorts of possibilities.

I've been lurking again. Going to fix that - I have agreed to cut my alcohol calories to zero for the next 34 days (until our Indy 500 BBQ). I have a galpal who's also signed up for the 10-mile run in August, and with whom I tend to imbibe way too much; we've decided to be good influences on each other for a change of pace.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Becky, I too, must cut the alcohol calories. I've entered an 11 week challenge to get back to my red line. I figure if I can forego alcohol during the week, I cam easily tackle this weight loss.

But having a broken dishwasher has hampered my work. Saturday was my in-laws 51st anniversary, so we took them out for happy hour (drinks and lots of sushi). Yesterday we went out for Italian because I didn't want to do dishes after dinner as I've had to do for the past week. Still not sure when to expect the repairman (they said today or tomorrow) and I'm betting it's the door motor and they will have to order it, thus throwing another week (or two) of no dishwasher in my face. Ugh.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #4  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

allison, having no dishwasher would cause me to go off the rails too! Lots of one-pot meals, eaten on paper plates, probably. Or "Ethiopian style" with the communal dish.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Allison-- paper plates and plastic cutlery..... my advice....

Bill-- good luck with getting back on track with all of the distractions.

I didn't know there was a moment of silence today. I'm assuming I need to adjust that for my time difference?

Shannon and Jen-- I joined fitocracy (and followed you). I'm tracking my workouts. I don't know what else to do here.... what do you do/ use it for? What do I do with my followers? Is there a news feed like facebook where I can see what my followers are doing?
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I didn't know about the moment of silence, either and I thought I was keeping up on the knes. I think I will google it and see if I can get more info.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #7  

This was ordered by Mass Governor. 2:50 PM Eastern Time. 11:50 AM for us West Coasters.
I just learned yesterday that my DIL's cousin was a runner , from Sacramento. Praise God she is OK. But so many were not as fortunate.

Last edited by bargoo; 04-22-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #8  
Workin' It

Michele - there is a feed, yes. I haven't been there in a while, but it runs a lot like FB. You can watch the people and groups you follow, make comments, etc.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #9  
Workin' It

My new garden. There is a fourth bed to the left with seeds sprouting. These pictured were all planted with grown plants, my sprouts didn't make it.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
Michele - there is a feed, yes. I haven't been there in a while, but it runs a lot like FB. You can watch the people and groups you follow, make comments, etc.
This ^

Also go to groups and find groups that you are interested in. I find it kind of fun - I'm on some groups like "Healthy Eating", "Runners", "Dog Lovers" - from the main page click "Feed" and you can filter by everyone or your groups or your followers.
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'm jealous, Shannon!

I feel bad for my DD. She had a ticket to fly to South Carolina (or is it North?) for her boyfriend's graduation from army bootcamp. She arranged for a friend to drive her to LAX. She gets there, goes in to check in and realizes she forgot her wallet. Her friend turned around and came back for her and drover her home (about 45 minute drive) and she arranged via her phone for a later flight. She feels so bad she wasted her friend's time and has to wait until very late tonight for another flight. (But then again, I doubt I've ever forgotten my wallet anywhere.) I still feel bad for her. At least she planned to get there a day early so she won't miss anything (Family day and the graduation).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

That's odd - the posts are bigger than my screen (I'm on hubby's laptop @ the dogsit). No idea how to fix that. But I did get the phones back - they went down last night for no apparent reason and came back this afternoon the same way. Aliens! It's aliens!

I woke up to 2 piles of dog poop on the shag carpeting in the TV room this morning. No stomach upset and the dogs went out @ 10 p.m. last night - no yard front or back so I have to leash them and walk them 4 times per day.

Cleaned it up and one of the little charmers did another while I was in the shower (after taking them out). 8 more days of this. Never again for this home.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #13  

Shannon, your garden looks great.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #14  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Hi - I am lurking, too. This is not a good sign.

I am jealous of the garden, too, Shannon. Our yard gets no sun. I can grow tiny tomatoes on the deck but that's about it.

Dagmar, ugh. 8 more days of dog poop would send me around the bend.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Hi all!

We're a bit quiet so far this week!

Well, last week was a great week - I was feeling so good and so optimistic.

Last night DH and I got in a HUGE fight. We never - and I mean never - fight, so I was really upset. We didn't speak to each other the rest of the night and didn't say one word to one another this morning.

So, I'm feeling terrible today. This in turn, for some stupid reason - is making me feel fat. Even though there is absolutely no connection and my weight was in line this morning. WTF?

I did go down to our jail today to do some work and was introduced to a new nurse there. The other nurse was telling the new nurse about my "remarkable" weight loss and the circumferential body lift that I had. The new nurse said to me "So, what do you weigh now? 98 or 100?" You would think that would have made me feel good, right? Nope. Instead it made me feel bad.

I guess I'm just all up in my head today!

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote