3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Living Maintenance

Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Maintainers Weekly Chat Apr 15 - Apr 21

Old 04-19-2013, 08:03 AM   #46

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Steph, your story about the tulips reminds me of when I tried to grow primroses. I tried, Lordy , I tried. It wasn't squirrels im my case but snails. I have used every kind of snail bait on the market , every year I would try again. The snails just laughed at me and feasted on my primroses. I finally rrealized I just wasn't meant to have primroses and gave up.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #47
Chuggin' along...

I'm glued to the news feed this morning, watching events unfold in Boston. My friends who live nearby are safe, but that only makes me feel marginally better bc I do keep thinking about the victims and those still in danger. It's so terrible. I can't process it all right now.

Jessica, it's supposed to be very stormy here today, too. I have a group of researchers from Delaware that are supposed to be coming in today and I'll work with them for a month, but will wait and see if they have flight delays etc. I will probably be somewhat busy with them over the weekend, giving them tours and setting them up to do their project. My weekend is rather unplanned because of it, but upon thinking about it last night I realized my main priorities are to get the dog's exercise done, to get my exercise done, and to practice my guitar. It's getting warm enough here that it's too hot for the dog to walk more than 45 min. immediately after I get home from work, which leaves me once again pondering how to successfully shift my schedule to get her enough exercise. Success is the key word. Getting up before work would be a good solution if I could actually do it.

I didn't see an osprey out my window yesterday morning, but I did see one flying on my drive yesterday afternoon. We have quite a few osprey nests here and the ospreys really like to fly along the long bridges over the bay (something to do with riding wind currents created by the bridges & traffic?) and also perching on the bridges to survey the waters below for fish. Again, I'm lucky to live in a place where I see these things so often.

Steph, good for you for getting your exercise in. Don't feel guilty for taking a few days off. Taking some time to get your body, work, and your head straightened out will make you a better daughter when you do go back to visit him in a few days.

Michele, I hope DD gets employment relatively soon and you can relax a bit. You're a good mom.

Jessica, you're growing not one but two human beings! That's very hard work! I've never met a pregnant woman who isn't tired. I know after you give birth you'll get some energy back. A jogging stroller sounds like a great idea. I can pictures you as supermom - twin jogging stroller, Carter on the leash, jogging around your neighborhood.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #48

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Waving to let folks know my family is safe. Safe, but constrained to stay at home - "Shelter in Place" - with the subways closed and universities, schools, and businesses closed.

It's scary.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #49

Bill, glad you are Ok. I am somewhat familiar with the area, I once worked for a company based in Concord and have been there for my work and spent some time in Boston as well.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #50

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

The whole Boston thing is terrifying. Well, so is the explosion in Texas. Bill, glad you are safe and hunkered down. I don't know how I'd handle being forced to stay indoors knowing that there was a terrorist on the loose. Stay safe.

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
``•Allison•``
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)

“A Year from Now You May Wish You Had Started Today”~Karen Lamb
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
The whole Boston thing is terrifying. Well, so is the explosion in Texas. Bill, glad you are safe and hunkered down. I don't know how I'd handle being forced to stay indoors knowing that there was a terrorist on the loose. Stay safe.
I know what I would want to do. Since I have no comfort food in the house I would start baking. I think I would start with a custard pie.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #52

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
You're a container, among other things. But not so inert as that. You're right now serving as a kind of raised garden bed with some seedlings growing in it. Pumpkins, I guess. ;-)
Like this. What a sweet sentiment!
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #53

S/C/G: 178/119/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
Oh, Michele. I wish I could grant you a month in which 1) you did not have to worry about either of your daughters, at all, EVER, not even in the slightest, and 2) you had more than enough time with your husband, so that you could take him for granted a little & you didn't feel as though you had to dine out together or do anything special at all to make up for all the time you have to spend apart due to his job.

I wish I could give everyone on this board a week-long reprieve from any cares that may beset them. Health, cars breaking down, financial fretting, children, spouses, partners, stepchildren, exes, in-laws, whatever. No stress allowed for seven days.
You are very sweet to say this. Thank you.
I felt like I was doing okay until dh told me that he was coming home 3 days earlier than he had planned. I was excited until I realized there are still 17 days left until he comes home. It sounds like a LONG time now.

2014 workout goals:
365 total workouts including a minimum of 250 bikram yoga classes

So far:
183/365 workouts
155 bikram yogas
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #54

S/C/G: 178/119/125

Height: 5'5"

TGIF!
Anyone else exhausted this week? I am so tired. Just chugging my coffee trying to wake up my brain.

My weight is down slightly. Now to stay focused over the weekend and not let the exhaustion win.

2014 workout goals:
365 total workouts including a minimum of 250 bikram yoga classes

So far:
183/365 workouts
155 bikram yogas
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #55
Maintaining

S/C/G: 190/139/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Right there with you on the exhausted, Michele. I was just telling DH that I could fall asleep on my desk right now.

Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #56
Midsize B%^$#*tch

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)157/(G)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
Waving to let folks know my family is safe. Safe, but constrained to stay at home - "Shelter in Place" - with the subways closed and universities, schools, and businesses closed.

It's scary.
I desperately need to shut off CNN but can't.

Just listened to the suspects' crazy estranged uncle going off in front of a veritable thicket of microphones.

I'm supposedly working from home today. I've got an analyst in Scotland conferring with Eastman Kodak in five minutes, and later reporting back on a piece I'm writing with her. I've also got an analyst in Dublin (though he originally came from Milan) who just sent me material that I need to use for a draft that will take all day.

Neither of these Europeans are really following U.S. events, but all my U.S. colleagues, especially those on the East Coast, are pretty much riveted by live reporting in Boston.

One of my colleagues forwarded a Tweet from Happy_Gilmore: "Boston is probably the only major city that, if you %$#@! with them, they will shut down the whole city ... stop everything ... and find you."

There is something awesome about that, Bill.

Last edited by saef : 04-19-2013 at 12:03 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #57
Maintaining

S/C/G: 190/139/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Saef - I've been glued to news media today, too. I just turned on a Star Trek episode in the background on Hulu to give myself a distraction.

DSS is getting in trouble at school again. The Friday before spring break he got in trouble for not doing his work, then spring break last week, then trouble three of four days so far this week. Including an incident yesterday with another student that got him sent in the hall for a chat with the assistant principal.

What were you saying about a week with no stress, Saef? Sign me up, please.

Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #58
Chuggin' along...

Saef, I'm glued to the internet news here at work. Nope, let's be honest, not getting much work done.

Bill, glad you & yours are ok.

Shannon, sorry. I just want to give you a . I also wish you and everyone here a week of no stresses. I'm not really counting myself - my car problems are pretty minor in the face of things. I'm taking some deep cleansing breaths, closing my eyes, and sending soothing thoughts to those out there who need them (which also seems insignificant but I'm not sure what else to do right now). It seems there are lots of people out there who are having a bad day.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #59

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

It'll be a quiet weekend at my house. DS is going to a JSA "convention" of sorts--leaving right after school and won't be back until Sunday night. Thankfully this time they're taking a bus so I don't have to worry about him driving!

I, too, have been glued to the internet all morning. Reading report after report and listening to a live stream of CBS news. I sure hope they find that guy. Interesting how his uncle called them both losers and criticized them for not trying to get along with people here and bringing shame to their family. He also said of his dead nephew that he got what he deserved.

It's just too surreal. All this in Boston as well as the tragic explosion in Texas. Last I heard there were 12 bodies recovered.

But like they're saying on the internet, we still live in a very safe country. We are not subjected to daily bombings or threats of bombs at every turn.

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
``•Allison•``
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)

“A Year from Now You May Wish You Had Started Today”~Karen Lamb
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #60

The marathon bomber has been caught and is in custody.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.