Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-06-2013, 07:54 AM   #76  
Just Keep on Running

S/C/G: 178/142.6/120

Height: 5'6.5

OP, why would you think to possibly even speak to 2 children(let alone anyone)that way? What grown person does that? Psych wise something isnt rite with that.

Last edited by energie; 05-06-2013 at 08:03 AM.
energie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #77  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Moderator, can we get the post above mine deleted? Clearly, the poster never bothered to read the thread, or to "get" the concept of things thought being considerably different from things said.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #78  
Just Keep on Running

S/C/G: 178/142.6/120

Height: 5'6.5

I have read the thread and I asked the op a question. People have thoughts but to be on the verge of being rude to random children(or anyone), isnt normal. I think there is much more going on internally inside the op.They may also be projecting.

Last edited by energie; 05-06-2013 at 12:43 PM.
energie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #79  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by energie View Post
OP, why would you think to possibly even speak to 2 children(let alone anyone)that way? What grown person does that? Psych wise something isnt rite with that.
Wow, I find this to be really judgmental, much more so than what the OP wrote. She was just being honest about thoughts she was struggling with, and wondered if anyone else ever felt the same. Quite a few people admitted they did too.
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #80  

S/C/G: S/C/G 290/Ticker/150

Height: 5'7

Not a maintainer, but I'd like to add my $.02.

I appreciate neurodoc's honesty and agree that some people in this thread have been harsh or overly critical of her, proving that we ALL can be judgmental.

We all judge. I have mean thoughts, about people skinny and fat. For example, my mother who is much shorter than me and weighs more. I have had rude thoughts about her eating fast food or sugary sweets b/c she doesn't seem to care to eat healthy or lose weight. I've had mean thoughts about girls who are too skinny along the lines of , "jeez, I'd rather be fat than look like that." "Skinny-bashing" is no better than "fat-bashing."

These thoughts are fleeting. I feel guilty for them sometimes, and usually they are gone as quickly as they've come.

I am glad that you decided not to say anything to those little girls. Just because we have these thoughts, doesn't mean we should voice them. Coming from a stranger, even if they are coming from a good place, will likely offend someone. I understand that you feel, "If I can do it, so can you!" You hope that they will use your advice and help as motivation, and I respect that. I'm sure someone would appreciate, but some would not. I sure wouldn't.

No one is perfect. We all have flaws. A lot of people believe being fat is a "flaw" (I don't necessarily consider it a flaw, but I won't get into that). And worst of all it a visible flaw, that we can't hide, which in some ways is unfair.

I could tell people with crooked or yellow teeth to get braces and get their teeth whitened, "because I did it!"

Skinny people who have never been fat may judge me and want to tell me to do something about my weight. I could feel the same way about people who don't do well in school. I am, and always have been, pretty much a straight A student. I could judge classmates when I see them at parties, because they "should be studying." "I got the highest grade on the last exam, why can't you?"

Someone who is a smoker, could judge someone for being fat. Someone who is fat, can judge someone for being an alcoholic. An alcoholic can judge someone for being addicted to prescription pills.

No one is perfect, and something that seems easy to you may not be so easy to another. That's life. I try to keep this in mind when I find myself having judgmental thoughts. As many have said, we never know someone's life story or why they are the way they are so it's not our place to speak up and pass judgment.

Last edited by ASaladandaDream; 05-07-2013 at 03:16 PM.
ASaladandaDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #81  

S/C/G: S/C/G 290/Ticker/150

Height: 5'7

[B]mariposssa/B] i love your entire post!
ASaladandaDream is offline   Reply With Quote