3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Living Maintenance

Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Maintainers Springing Into Summer!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #76

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Have any of you tried the Frozen Greek Yogurt ? It is delicious. 100 calories in a 4 ounce tub, made by Healthy Choice.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #77

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Have any of you tried the Frozen Greek Yogurt ? It is delicious. 100 calories in a 4 ounce tub, made by Healthy Choice.
I tried it. I wasn't that impressed. I think I'd rather have regular yogurt instead.

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
``•Allison•``
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)

“A Year from Now You May Wish You Had Started Today”~Karen Lamb
Old 04-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #78

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

I freeze regular nonfat yogurt and have one for a snack every night.

"I'm through accepting limits, cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change but 'til I try I'll never know!" ~ Wicked ~

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said 'I just don't care!'" ~ Pink ~

http://jenhudsonmosher.blogspot.com/

My goal reached thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...ncers-say.html
Old 04-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #79

Went to Costco today and bought two rotisserie chickens at $4.99 each! I thought they were $5.99. A huge savings over the grocery stores that sell smaller versions for $7.99 and $8.99 for organic or free range or something. It took only 15 minutes to pull all the meat off of the bones. Then DH and I had great spinach and chicken salads for lunch. YUM!

``•Allison•``

Old 04-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #80
Maintaining

S/C/G: 190/139/130

Height: 5'5.5"

I love frozen greek yogurt, haven't tried the healthy choice but have had the Stoneyfield Farms which is fantastic.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #81
Midsize B%^$#*tch

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)156/(G)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I've been ravenously hungry for the past week, maybe due to stepping up my strength training. The scale reflected this: Up about a pound from one Friday to another.

I am not feeling too much self-recrimination, though, as today when I saw a woman at the gym who'd spent the winter in Florida, she told me that I looked great. Also, my spring clothes fit or are loose, particularly in the waist. I don't know what's going on here exactly but I'll take it.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #82

S/C/G: 152/ticker/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
I've been ravenously hungry for the past week, maybe due to stepping up my strength training. The scale reflected this: Up about a pound from one Friday to another.

I am not feeling too much self-recrimination, though, as today when I saw a woman at the gym who'd spent the winter in Florida, she told me that I looked great. Also, my spring clothes fit or are loose, particularly in the waist. I don't know what's going on here exactly but I'll take it.
re your spring clothes and the compliment. Glad you're accepting them!

Dagmar

Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow" - Mary Ann Radmacher

Old 04-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #83

S/C/G: 178/122/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post

Good for you Saef for accepting the compliment and not focusing so much on the number. Kudos to you for that. I had a volunteer help me last Thursday. She asked what I did over Spring Break and when I told her I went on a cruise-- she said, "Wow! You went on a cruise and you're still skinny?! Most people gain on a cruise!". She didn't believe that I gained 8 pounds on my cruise. So, in my eyes I'm looking huge. Maybe everyone else doesn't always see what I see. I have to remember that.

2014 workout goals:
365 total workouts including a minimum of 250 bikram yoga classes

So far:
298/365 workouts
234 bikram yogas
Old 04-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #84

S/C/G: HW:200+/Maintaining:<123

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

The frozen yogurt was mentioned on the previous page, which might mean no one cares anymore, but I also love the Stoneyfield Farms stuff. The "After Dark Chocolate" is 100 cals per 1/2 cup and very rich.

Jen, I've never tried to freeze regular Greek yogurt. What the texture like?

My weekend was good. It was my last weekend of traveling (3 in a row!) and this was with family for birthday celebrations. The hibachi was Saturday night. I had a small portion of fried rice and gave the rest to my dad. Dessert, instead of the pie my mom made, was fresh strawberries. I know I was over calories for the day but there was no careening off the rails, so I'll take it. Then, this morning, I weighed in at 124.4! That's the lowest "for real" number I've seen since I re-entered weigh loss mode.

As for what others see - I have NO IDEA what I look like. None. I don't trust my body image the slightest iota. I regularly feel just as overweight as I was when I started. Occasionally it's the other way, where I feel as though I look healthy and slim and "normal," but most of the time I'm convinced my belly is all people can see, or that my face looks puffy. Eh.

Hope everyone's Monday is going well!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #85

S/C/G: 178/122/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMusic View Post

As for what others see - I have NO IDEA what I look like. None. I don't trust my body image the slightest iota. I regularly feel just as overweight as I was when I started. Occasionally it's the other way, where I feel as though I look healthy and slim and "normal," but most of the time I'm convinced my belly is all people can see, or that my face looks puffy. Eh.

Hope everyone's Monday is going well!
I can so much relate to this. I sure wish there was a way to "fix" our minds. Is there a great book out there that I don't know about?

2014 workout goals:
365 total workouts including a minimum of 250 bikram yoga classes

So far:
298/365 workouts
234 bikram yogas
Old 04-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #86
Maintaining

Jen, this is me too. I went and had a girls day brunch with some friends yesterday, one of whom is a photographer and one is my hairdresser. The even came about because the two of them needed new head shots for things, so it became an event where we all came over, got makeup and hair done and pictures taken. At one point we were taking a pic of all three of us and my hairdresser says to me 'let's put the skinny one in the middle'! And the entire time I had been feeling uncomfortable and bloated and didn't think I looked skinny at all. And the pictures look really good (or as good as I ever think pictures of me look.) All about perspective.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
Jen, this is me too. I went and had a girls day brunch with some friends yesterday, one of whom is a photographer and one is my hairdresser. The even came about because the two of them needed new head shots for things, so it became an event where we all came over, got makeup and hair done and pictures taken. At one point we were taking a pic of all three of us and my hairdresser says to me 'let's put the skinny one in the middle'! And the entire time I had been feeling uncomfortable and bloated and didn't think I looked skinny at all. And the pictures look really good (or as good as I ever think pictures of me look.) All about perspective.
I saw that picture. It was very cute!

``•Allison•``

Old 04-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #88
Maintaining

Thanks Alison! There are more that she is still working on of me in different outfits. I'm hoping one turns out well enough to print for DH's desk.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL : 04-08-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #89
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/137/130-135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

I too have little grasp on how I appear to the outside world. In general, I still have my 160-pound self in my mind, so most pictures seem to show me skinnier than I feel. Except...I went biking with a few friends and then we stopped for beers afterward and someone took pictures. Seeing myself in black tights, black socks and flip flops (and from the rear, no less) was enough to make me put down my drink.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #90

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMusic View Post

Jen, I've never tried to freeze regular Greek yogurt. What the texture like?
I haven't tried with Greek yogurt, but I do it with Yoplait, Walmart brand, and Dannon Lite N Fit.

Some of them come out a little crunchy, but the Walmart brand Banana Cream Pie and Key Lime Pie are SOOOOOOO good!

I freeze them and then take them out about 90 minutes before I want to eat them so they are just starting to melt and their consistency is close to ice cream!

"I'm through accepting limits, cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change but 'til I try I'll never know!" ~ Wicked ~

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said 'I just don't care!'" ~ Pink ~

http://jenhudsonmosher.blogspot.com/

My goal reached thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...ncers-say.html
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.