Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 05:56 AM   #391  
Workin' It

Andrea - pb on a half of a baked sweet potato is really good too. Or that same banana and pb wrapped in a small soft tortilla for lunch. So good.

Jen - I've never tried pb2, it freaks me out a little honestly. LOL

I'm down three pounds from my weight Monday, which puts me back at 145. I really don't want this to be my set maintenance point. Hope to hear back from the doctor today. DSS got up at 3:20 again saying his stomach hurt, but went back to bed with no nausea and in good spirits after changing out of his wet pullup. Something about this part of this week's pattern just doesn't fit.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #392  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Shannon - what freaks you out about PB2? LOL It's just pressed peanuts!

INGREDIENTS: (PB2)
Roasted peanuts, sugar, salt.

INGREDIENTS: (Peter Pan Creamy Peanut Butter)
ROASTED PEANUTS, SUGAR, LESS
THAN 2% OF: HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OILS
(COTTONSEED AND RAPESEED), SALT, PARTIALLY
HYDROGENATED COTTONSEED OIL
Old 05-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #393  
Workin' It

LOL Jen - I can't really explain it, something about the powdered part maybe? I'm such a three year old with food sometimes. I'm weird on food textures (wouldn't eat lettuce for years because it felt too 'slick' in my mouth) and I ordered a sample of the PB2 and didn't know what to do with it so I tried putting it in a smoothie and ended up with some weird looking chunky mess and couldn't make myself eat it. I'm willing to try it again, what should I try with it?
Old 05-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #394  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

No change this week, though I've gone hungry many times without feeding myself in an effort to cut back on between-meals snacks.

One of my direct reports, a nice guy, went to a meeting where they had bowls of candy and afterward, set a handful on my desk, with the air of a boy bringing his teacher an apple. I saw Jolly Ranchers and miniature Reese's and said, "Thanks, but no thanks," and he looked a bit sorry as he swept them up again. He didn't yet know about me ... but now he does.

I'll try to keep doing what I've been doing, going on faith, I guess.

Last edited by saef; 05-24-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #395  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
LOL Jen - I can't really explain it, something about the powdered part maybe? I'm such a three year old with food sometimes. I'm weird on food textures (wouldn't eat lettuce for years because it felt too 'slick' in my mouth) and I ordered a sample of the PB2 and didn't know what to do with it so I tried putting it in a smoothie and ended up with some weird looking chunky mess and couldn't make myself eat it. I'm willing to try it again, what should I try with it?
Well, I can understand then - it definitely doesn't have the same consistency of peanut butter!

I spread it on bananas as I said. But I also put 2 tablespoons (dry) in my oatmeal (also dry) and mix it up really well, so any chunks are gone. Then I add the water (using a little extra water) and mix it up again - for me that is so filling and hearty.

I know people use it for baking, but since I can't cook, I have never tried it.

I always use a little more water then called for so it has a little looser consistency then regular PB. And before I put it in anything or add the water I made sure it is all powdery and no chunks.

One of my favorite treats - A 1/2 piece of low fat graham cracker, spread some PB2 on it, add some fat free cool whip, top with the other 1/2 graham cracker and freeze. YUMMY!
Old 05-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #396  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

PB on apple slices is also divine.

I bought two things of PB2--one regular and one chocolate. I have yet to open them. But DD is here this weekend and she likes it so if she opens it I'll give it a try. Someone said to mix it in plain Greek yogurt. That sounds good.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #397  
Workin' It

Oh, the graham cracker, pb and cool whip sounds lovely, with or without pb2.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #398  
Workin' It

I'm about to order some kcups from Amazon, I may try the pb2 multipack. Or just the plain flavor. How long will it last?
Old 05-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #399  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
I'm about to order some kcups from Amazon, I may try the pb2 multipack. Or just the plain flavor. How long will it last?
Well, it depends, but it says there are 37 servings per bag. That's 2 tablespoons a serving size. So for me, a bag lasts quite a while - I use a lot of "real" PB, too.

Just a reminder, Shannon, if you have a sec and can go to Amazon from the link on my blog, I get a kickback. I would appreciate it. jenhudsonmosher.blogspot.com

Jen
Old 05-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #400  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Let us know what you find out about dss Shannon. Glad your weight is migrating downwards. I'm still above redline though a pound less than where I was at this point last week.

Dd is traveling today to Minneapolis for a conference. I always worry about her traveling because she has a lot of anxiety but she is doing much better since she got her service dog. She is also traveling with all of her fellow grad students and professors-- I hope she has a great time-- she is hoping to stay OP with her food and exercise while she's gone.

Three day weekend for me but not sure what I'll be doing. Dh is gone of course. Younger dd will be babysitting a three year old and a baby for the weekend and sounds like she may want to do stuff with me so as not to be stuck home alone with them all weekend-- the three year old (not quite three yet) has very bad behavior issues-- the baby is adorable.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #401  
Workin' It

Jen - I had already ordered before I saw your Amazon link through your blog, but I order A LOT from Amazon, so I'll bookmark it for next time.

I'm actually down four pounds from Monday, at 144.3 today. I hadn't weighed when I posted earlier. I'm not changing my ticker though - I need the reality of where I'm at staring me in the face for a few more days.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #402  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMusic View Post
For me, I eat to fill up empty space, as well as to procrastinate things I don't want to do (usually because I don't know how to do them and am afraid I will fail).
Yesyesyesyesyes!
Can I get an "amen" here?

Fear of failure for me seems to require a delay tactic. It's my way of calling a time-out and briefly exiting my life & my consciousness when I perceive myself having reached an unbearable place.

"This is too much -- they're asking too much of me (or I'M ASKING TOO MUCH OF ME) -- I can't stand this -- a world-shatteringly strong taste of something is obviously the solution."

Intensely piercing sweetness is the only thing that can rock the world enough.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #403  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

I wouldn't eat that stuff because of the transfats and the sugar. I don't want it in me at all.

Very busy week here. Found myself at the cafe I told you about again so I had an omelette and a carafe of water. It was a great early lunch. I've never had omelette out before as I can make them at home and eating out is such a rare occurrence for me I'd rather have something unusual. But I can see clearly now that it could be the only sensible choice in many places. So that's one Good Thing this week.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #404  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
I wouldn't eat that stuff because of the transfats and the sugar. I don't want it in me at all.
PB2? There are no trans fats and only 1 gram of sugar. There's nothing weird in there, it's just peanuts with the peanut oil pressed out.

Personally I love PB2, I put it in sauces, oatmeal, yogurt, and use is as a topping for my morning cocoa flax muffin I still love regular peanut butter, but sometimes I like having the peanut flavor without the thickness/heaviness of peanut butter. For me, PB2 isn't a replacement for peanut butter, it's a different thing altogether.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #405  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Down to 122.6. Was 127.0 Monday morning.

This week has been an interesting exercise in "starve myself in preparation for an event." My stomach, typically a point of contention, pleases me to look at.

Lunch has been same as ever. Greek yogurt, hard boiled eggs, salad with tuna or chicken.

Dinner has been small portions of chicken with vegetables and Greek yogurt and blueberries. Had one meal out. Didn't count calories but probably 1200-1300 on average?

I kept things fairly low carb but had a few small allowances of macaroni and cheese, frozen cookie dough, pie, half a beer, etc. Have not binged or anything but I have gone to bed and woken up hungry every day, been unable to run any distance, and am fantasizing about Chinese takeout after the weekend is over. Don't think I could do this for more than 2 weeks max.
Closed Thread