Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 03-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
Bulut (the dog from Istanbul) has found a home. Foster mom decided to keep her. This is a good thing.

Dagmar (what, more snow? )
Happy for Bulut and happy for foster mom as well.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #62  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
Tudor Rose-- hugs to you. I think many of us think that once we lose the weight we will automatically be happy. It is disheartening when that doesn't happen. I personally think that is one reason so many people regain. It is crucial that you address whatever issues are on the inside for yourself.
Oh, without a doubt that's why I gained the weight back when I lost 50 lbs in college so I know the importance of taking the necessary steps to address this head on. Last time I ignored the problems so much I got up above 300 pounds. No way I'm letting that happen again this time. With my weight I'm where I want to be so now it's time to focus on everything else.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #63  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Thanks, Dagmar, for that link. Looks much more comfortable. (I always think of Kongs as the big chewable dog toys. I see they've branched out!) Zack is doing better with the cone and is recovering really well.

And thanks to all for confirming my choice to keep looking for another therapist. Psychology Today has an online listing where the therapists put blurbs about themselves. It's a little embarrassing how quickly I dismiss some of them and for what reasons - too hokey, too spiritual, too young. I found one that appeals and am going to contact her.

krampus, what a cool specialty for your uncle. Many years ago, I went on a garden tour that included a Japanese garden in Loudonville somewhere. It was spectacular. So ordered and peaceful. My own garden is a hodgepodge and is more evidence of my compulsive nature.

Tomorrow I see the orthopedic doc (who happens to be a former client, though not one I knew well). I'm not overly optimistic but maybe there's something I can do about my bum leg.

And then the weekend - yay! I've been staying up too late all week and need to catch up on my sleep. And I've got the second half of Season 3 of Fringe to watch on DVD. (Hmmm, those two things might conflict. )
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:45 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I had a day yesterday that was like a roller coaster near the end - up and down, up and down.

I had a call about my father in the late afternoon, just before DH and I were heading out to meet the realtors. He is still on about the house, even though he's now agreed to go into a long term care facility. He's going to try to call me today to demand legal documents. I will not answer.

DH and I met with the realtors last night and sorted out the buying process to our satisfaction. This should have been a positive, happy experience. Instead I was concentrating on keeping my breathing even as I kept wanting to burst into tears due to the anxiety brought on by my father.

Then we went for dinner. I had 2 beers with dinner (I never drink on work nights) to calm me down enough to get through dinner. Didn't even taste my food.

Then I did some more stress eating when we got home.

I hate how this evil abusive man still can provoke enough anxiety in me to make me run for the food. And alcohol.

20 more days 'til the houses closes. 20 more days. I HAVE to get through this.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:14 AM   #65  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Sending twenty days of virtual hugs to Dagmar for twenty days of serenity.

I'm thinking of you this morning as the snow continues to come down and accumulate. Hope you're able to get out with your charges.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #66  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

dagmar, ditto what Bill said! When you're going through ****, the only real option is to keep going. Count down the hours to the 28th if you have to, and pick just a few minutes each day to marvel at your strength and tell yourself something positive. There's a lot of life to be had at the other side of this blip in time.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #67  

Hang in there Dagmar! Wishing everyone a good weekend...
ChrisMohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Hang in there Dagmar!! This too shall pass.....

I'm stressing over a silly thing today. I know I can't workout today. Dd is coming home and wants to get sushi. The place we go has gotten wildly popular so if you don't go EARLY, you have to wait forever. So, I have been TOLD that I can't go to yoga because we wouldn't get there until at least 6:45 if I did. I'm setting up for my book fair today so there will be tons of boxes moved-- I've got my pedometer on and hoping to get my exercise in that way.

In other news, Dewey the Dachshund is two today. We are planning a celebration for him this weekend that includes going to a doggy friendly restaurant (we sit outside), some new chew toys, and lots of playing with Owen (my dd's service dog that is coming home with her).

I'm worried about Gary. Has anyone heard anything further? Still fervently praying.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

No news on Gary's FB page. I'm not friends with Angie, so if she's written an update I can't see it. They said he'd be in the hospital at least 5 extra days due to the infection, but that was as of Saturday. I hope he's doing well.

So we ate a little off plan last night. It was cold and stormy all day and it just felt like a soup night. I'm sure I could have chosen a better soup choice, but clam chowder sounded so good. With a fresh loaf of bread (wanted either sourdough or pumpernickel, but settled for something "rustic"). Really, does that sound so bad? I didn't think so, but my scale was up 6.1 pounds! 6.1! Ridiculous.

DD is home for the weekend! I haven't seen her yet as she got in after i was asleep and I left for work before she woke up, but she's coming to the office later this morning and we might take her for lunch.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #70  

Michele, latest news on Gary is what Allison referred to. I worry about those infections that one gets in the hospital. I am going to assume that he is getting the best of care and Angie will let us know on another forum, I check it everyday for news of Gary,
Old 03-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I've been checking Gary's facebook page for updates too. No updates worry me.

Wow Allison! Guessing that was some salty soup!

Dd is hopefully bringing me lunch today after my book fair set up. Dd #2 comes in tomorrow, which also worries me. More off plan meals, harder to get my workouts in, arguments over lack of cars, girls not getting along....

Anyone care to guess how many steps I'll clock today for my book fair set up? It's 8:41, I'm already hot and sweaty, and my volunteers don't arrive until 9:00. We have to be done and ready for previews by 11:00.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #72  

Michele. you can get in 10,000 steps , no problem !
Old 03-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #73  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

allison, 6.1? My gosh, that has to be some sort of record! Dang!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post
allison, 6.1? My gosh, that has to be some sort of record! Dang!
When did you last change the battery on your scale Allison? My DH got the shock of his life when he stepped on the scale and had gained 106 lb.. Talk about your food binge . We changed the battery and he was up 1.6 lbs.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
When did you last change the battery on your scale Allison? My DH got the shock of his life when he stepped on the scale and had gained 106 lb.. Talk about your food binge . We changed the battery and he was up 1.6 lbs.

Dagmar
I haven't changed them yet. They're less than 3 months old. I'd think they'd last longer than that! I really dislike that it takes batteries. My old Thinner scale didn't require them at all.

I'll try it again tomorrow and if it's way off, then I'll know. But up until today, it's been weighing me in at EXACTLY the same weight every day for at least a week. (At least I'm maintaining! LOL)

Now that we've been in our new building for a week, I have decided that having a new phone number is a horrible thing! It's as if EVERY company out there thinks that we need 1) payroll assistance, 2) credit card management (we don't take credit cards), 3) a new website, 4) NEW Federal and State posters regarding the labor laws and stuff (as if we were a new business and didn't know we had to display such stuff), 5) insurance assistance, 6) 401(k) assistance, etc., etc. ad naseum. It's to the point that I don't want to answer the phone!

That and the call forwarding on our old number doesn't work very well in that roughly half of those who call the old number come through with such static on their end that I can only hear a robotic voice--but not what the caller is saying (but they hear me just fine). I've called Verizon and the tech tried to duplicate the problem several times and couldn't do it.

Last edited by alinnell; 03-08-2013 at 04:50 PM.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote