3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Living Maintenance

Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Maintainers Weekly Chat Feb 25 - Mar 3

Old 02-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #16

S/C/G: 261/148/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Bill, shoveling snow is such great exercise, but never the kind I know I want to do.

Dagmar, have you chosen the house or the neighborhood? I watch a couple of HGTV shows that originate in Toronto--some really cool homes there. Hope the yoga gets the kinks out.

Jessica, when they start kicking at night you'll be thankful for their sleeping times. It's kind of fun (and a bit freaky) to see your belly move as they kick.

Allison, does the cat bump you with a cold nose or just stare at you to get up now? Hopefully the cats let you go back to sleep.

Hope you have a wonderful birthday, Michele!

Megan, those huge storms and hurricanes always sound so scary. Glad everyone was okay. If there was a kicking icon, I'd put it here.

ICU, did you ever get back to TRX (it was you, right?)? Since having to leave the gym, I've been doing it on my own while my DH is in the class. It's hard to push myself (understand the inertia!), but the older I get the more motivated I am to stay active. The alternative is not pretty.

Today we're picking out kitchen and bathroom cabinets. While I like shaker-style, I don't like having to work at getting dust and stuff out of the corners so I'm going with slab front. My whole thing is ease of maintenance. We'll probably hit the tile store, too, for backsplashes and bathroom floor. Picking colors and materials always sounds like fun, but I tend to get overwhelmed with the number of choices available.

Women who behave rarely make history.

Last edited by Sheila53 : 02-26-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #17

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Allison, does the cat bump you with a cold nose or just stare at you to get up now? Hopefully the cats let you go back to sleep.
It depends. Sometimes he tries to eat my hair. Sometimes he licks my hand. Most times he rubs his face on my hand, purrs, and settles on either my stomach or chest. I think he just wants to snuggle and get warm. If he really wants us to get up he becomes really pesky and starts "throwing" stuff off our nightstands (glasses, etc.).

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
``•Allison•``
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)

“A Year from Now You May Wish You Had Started Today”~Karen Lamb
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #18
Maintaining

S/C/G: 190/139/130

Height: 5'5.5"

It is already Tuesday, wow. Yesterday got crazy busy and I never made it here.

I'm trying to eat better today. Yesterday was good. Hoping today will be better. I've now got two days in a row of exercise in as well, and have a plan to exercise tonight after work while DH hangs out with the neighbor. I have a big pot of soup simmering, so dinner is taken care of.

Michele - happy birthday! Have a great week!

Chris - we all slip a little, you can get back on the path.

Allison - we had to start sleeping with the bedroom door closed because the cat wouldn't let us sleep at night. Glad that you have a service coming in to clean that dust!

Sheila - I have a hard time picking things like cabinets and household fixtures. I need a new sink in the kitchen and a new toilet and I've locked down on selections. Good luck with your kitchen.

Dagmar - buying a house is SCARY when you look at all the numbers. I'm glad that your dad's house settled so easily and that you have some peace with it.

Megan - I'm glad that you are safe down there, I've been watching the weather.

Jessica - I'm fascinated by the feel of the babies moving. I think that would be fantastic. I know it is hard not to worry, but I know that you are taking good care of yourself and in good health, so enjoy this time with them.

Krampus - I hate the deadlift, but I think it is good for me.

Ward - hope the visit goes well. Mine is coming up in April I think.

Bill - sorry that there isn't any snow to shovel. LOL

Good day everyone!

Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #19
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/156.0/<148

Height: 5'7.5"

Sheila, yeah - that was supposed to be me. DS and I are both finally done with our colds, and hankering to get back to it. If tomorrow is a snow day, we have pledged to do it before noon. If not, it will be Thursday evening. I'm actually looking forward to it! I can relate to the choice overload in the remodeling department - it's fun, but man, is it ever exhausting!

Shannon, glad to hear things are getting back on track for you. Some days are one hour at a time (or less), and sometimes those types of days clump together. Onward!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #20

So, you all remember my dilemma with the phones at our new place? I was told point-blank by Time Warner that it would cost them $8000 to lay cable in that area and that it was cost prohibitive and therefore they would not be able to take care of my cable needs.

Yesterday I noticed a crew laying cable.

Today, DH stopped to ask the crew who had contracted them: Time Warner Cable.

``•Allison•``

Old 02-27-2013, 09:31 AM   #21
Chuggin' along...

Morning all,

Is it Wednesday already? I am not ready for the weekend. I told a friend a few months ago that she and her BF could come stay at my house for a local festival Saturday. Now I'm not so excited - I want to see my friend, but am dreading the inevitable drinking that comes with her + event, her BF's mean little dog, and getting the house cleaned up by Friday. My motivation was pure, I swear. She said she'd run the 5K race with me Saturday AM - my first 5K in about as many years. I'm probably worrying for nothing and will end up having fun.

At least Wednesday also means yoga! Ah. Deep breathe. Can't wait til 5:30.

Alison, you have every right to be pi$$ed with Time Warner! But at this point what can you go back? Have you notified any customers, paid $ towards your new phone service, signed contracts w new service? I would say call TW and ream them out, but I don't think it would do any good, and you've put so much energy into moving forward with your new #s. But I'm sorry. That really stinks. Find a punching bag, write "Time Warner" on it, and go to town.

Becky, have you gotten a lot of snow? Good for you re: silencing inner dialogue. That is tough, especially with mac & cheese around.

Sheila, did you successfully pick out cabinets?

Shannon, how was yesterday? Still feeling more on track? You can do it!

Oops, gotta run. My boss just walked in my office and almost caught me here.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #22

I was planning on getting a lot of moving done today and my assistant is sick. She came in to do payroll, but frankly I need to send her home. She sounds horrible and said she spent the last few days in bed. Granted she's done most of her packing already, so really it's just little things here and there but I'm starting to feel stressed about it all.

As for the phone and Time Warner, now TW's story is that there is cable in the AREA but not our BUILDING and they claim it would cost $8000 to put cable to the building and therefore it isn't cost effective. Hmmm. Gotta wonder about that.

Megan~have a great weekend and have fun on your 5k! It'll work out. It always works out in the end (something I need to remember for myself!).

New gripe: I set up to have my mail forwarded as of Monday. Monday the mail man comes in with my mail to ask if I had forwarded it. Yes, I said, I did as of today. He hands me my mail. Yesterday the mail was delivered here. Part of that mail was the confirmation of mail forwarding! Sheesh! Can't they understand their own system? So I put a typed note in the mail box (taped to a neon sticky note) that says "mail for Crescent Glass has a forwarding order effective 2/25/13". I'm wondering if they'll notice it?

``•Allison•``

Old 02-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #23

S/C/G: 178/119/125

Height: 5'5"

And off topic-- I think I mentioned that my dd had applied to transfer to BYU. She found out yesterday that she didn't get in. Trying to gauge how upset she is over the phone is difficult-- she's putting on a brave face. We have mixed feelings, but aren't entirely disappointed. However, now she has to scramble to figure out where she's going to live next year and who her roommates will be. And she'll be home for the summer so she needs to look for a job (she would have started at BYU in the summer).

2014 workout goals:
365 total workouts including a minimum of 250 bikram yoga classes

So far:
183/365 workouts
155 bikram yogas
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #24

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
As for the phone and Time Warner, now TW's story is that there is cable in the AREA but not our BUILDING and they claim it would cost $8000 to put cable to the building and therefore it isn't cost effective. Hmmm. Gotta wonder about that.
\
I have been in an ongoing battle with Time Warner since we moved into our place in 1998. There is a cable line going down the main road - less then 1/4 mile from our place and they claim it would cost $3000 to run a line to us. It is so frustrating!

This week has been great for me. I'm on track with my eating, weight has been pretty much right where I want it and I've gotten a lot of exercise. I needed this week to be good, because challenges lie ahead!

Sunday is DH and my wedding anniversary and I'd like to do something special, and then next week I will be at a conference out of town Wednesday - Friday which means working lunches where they will serve who knows what and there will be a lot of what kills me - FREE FOOD!

Jen

"I'm through accepting limits, cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change but 'til I try I'll never know!" ~ Wicked ~

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said 'I just don't care!'" ~ Pink ~

http://jenhudsonmosher.blogspot.com/

My goal reached thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...ncers-say.html
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #25

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

It is Gary's (EZMoney) birthday today. For those that don't know he is in the hospital recovering from surgery.
I wish Gary the best birthday he can have in the hospital and praying for a rapid and complete recovery.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #26

I wished Gary a happy birthday on Facebook. I said I hoped this birthday was the beginning of many, many more!

Sorry your DD didn't get into BYU, Michele. My DD found out she didn't get into the grad program at Stanford yesterday, too. I think there are two others she is waiting on. I'm still hoping she gets into CGU--keep her close!

``•Allison•``

Old 02-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
I wished Gary a happy birthday on Facebook. I said I hoped this birthday was the beginning of many, many more!

Sorry your DD didn't get into BYU, Michele. My DD found out she didn't get into the grad program at Stanford yesterday, too. I think there are two others she is waiting on. I'm still hoping she gets into CGU--keep her close!
I did the same for Gary.

Good luck to your dd Allison! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

2014 workout goals:

So far:
183/365 workouts
155 bikram yogas
Old 02-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #28

Wow. We've been moving all day! All that is left here is my computer and desk (the desk we're trashing), the server, fax machine, copy machine and various garbage cans as well as some minor little things that we'll gather in the morning. My back aches and I've washed my hands so many times in the past week or so my skin is cracking.

Culley was so funny this morning as the guys were moving stuff out. He'd come inside (all the doors are open to facilitate easy moving) and he'd run out to the warehouse to see what was going on, then run back to the office to see what he was missing there. It wore him out--he's been sleeping in his kennel all day!

The new office has a long way to go before it will be "home" but I foresee Friday afternoon having everything completely organized and nice.

But right now I'd really like a shot of whiskey!

``•Allison•``

Old 02-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #29

Allison-- will Culley go with you??

2014 workout goals:

So far:
183/365 workouts
155 bikram yogas
Old 02-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
Allison-- will Culley go with you??
Of course! I have a litter box already set up in the office bathroom. It's just a matter of either grabbing him while he's inside and stuffing him in his carrier (not an easy task) or patiently waiting until he goes into his carrier and shutting the door on him. That will be easy, but time consuming in waiting until he decides to go in and take a nap.

We'll keep him inside the office for at least a week to get him acclimated and then allow him free roam. I have a perfect spot for his carrier--no one can see it from the street and it is protected from most wind and it has two escape points.

``•Allison•``

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.