Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

bargoo~they don't offer that any longer. Instead they offer to keep our current numbers "alive" and call forward if that number is dialed. It'll at least allow us to re-order all our paperwork with our new phone numbers.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
bargoo~they don't offer that any longer. Instead they offer to keep our current numbers "alive" and call forward if that number is dialed. It'll at least allow us to re-order all our paperwork with our new phone numbers.
That is really too bad, I guess the best you can do is get a referral of calls and lots of advertising. Sorry.

Last edited by bargoo; 02-18-2013 at 04:42 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #18  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Allison, have you checked to see if you can migrate your existing number to Google Voice, and then have Google Voice forward to your new number?
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #19  

Well, we really don't do advertising. We're not a retail shop--we rely on our base of contractors, so making sure they have our new number will be our #1 goal. I didn't want to have to inform all our past customers, but we may need to do that because we do get calls from prior customers to come and fix this or that.

My thoughts now are when we get a call, we'll ask what number they called, and if they called the old number and were re-routed, we'll be sure to ask them to write down the new number.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperclippy View Post
Still doing okay after your fall on the stairs last week?
Yes, I seem fine today, thankfully. I tried to donate blood but I was anemic unfortunately and turned away today. I'm sure that has nothing to do with my fall yesterday! My pulse and blood pressure were great anyway. I probably need to eat some meat before I try next time.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #21  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Well, so much for getting back to my routine. I think my DD has the flu. Aarrgh!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Well, it took all day, but I drove home in a brand spanking new 2013 Ford Edge. I had a Pontiac Aztek that I LOVED LOVED LOVED but Pontiac is out of business so.....

I haven't had car payment in years, so I'm having some doubts, but my Pontiac was going to take about 2,000 to repair and there was a certain relief driving home and not having to worry about taking a vehicle in to be repaired next month when inspection was due.

This Edge has lot of bells and whistles - it's going to take me a while to learn everything!
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #23  

CherryPie~congrats on the new car! DH wants a new Explorer. Thankfully our Ford dealer needs some work done on a remodel, so we're working out a trade.

WardHog~wow, you can't catch a break! Sorry that there is another sicko in the family.

Well, the phone woes are over. We've moved on. We'll have call forwarding for as long as we want (I'll monitor the bill and cancel when we have no new calls--or 6 months, whichever is sooner). After we cancel, we'll have 6 months free of "the number you have dialed has changed, the new number is.....). I have decided to send out an email to all contacts we have asking them, politely, to make note of our new phone and fax numbers. Other than that, what can we do? We'll eventually reorder new supplies, but some (like our invoices, we can XXX out the phone number and print a fresh one underneath). Why does one really need the phone number on the checks, anyway?
Old 02-19-2013, 01:16 AM   #24  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Back from a long weekend in Santa Fe and wiped out. I walked around a lot but no gym, and no running, even though I'd brought gym clothes & sneakers, so I feel penitent. But I don't know if I could have run. I was amazed to find my chest feeling a little tight going up a flight of stairs the day after I arrived, and for a moment thought that all the time that I clock weekly on the Stairmaster at my gym was in vain, until I remembered that one has to adapt to the altitude at such places. I wonder how long that takes? I arrived Friday and left late Monday. It wasn't exactly warm there, but warmer than here in NY, and more important, it was incredibly sunny and cloudless. I feel like I wore sunglasses everywhere.

Now to bed, to recover ... and on the scale tomorrow & back to the gym.

Last edited by saef; 02-19-2013 at 01:17 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:24 AM   #25  

Saef, Santa Fe is 7000' high so even worse altitude adjusting than Denver! It can take one day to a week to adjust. I've hiked with professional athletes who can't keep up with me at high altitudes just because I'm used to it!
ChrisMohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #26  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Chris, thanks for that explanation, as the friend I was visiting there wasn't athletic, though her husband is, so she did not have a lot of insight on the effects of altitude. She did tell me that her husband tried to run a day or two after they first moved there and could barely make it down the road. My level of fitness did help me, as I saw that friends were more tired by walking and climbing hillsides than I was. Shame, because the cloudless weather and iceless roads and lack of cars in the development where my friends live made me think this was ideal for running.

I am jet-lagged this morning but on my way back to the gym. Eventually.

Last edited by saef; 02-19-2013 at 09:17 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #27  

When I lived in SLC, I used to ski a lot. Even the change in altitude from the valley to the mountaintop would cause me to run out of breath while skiing. Altitude is a kicker! Santa Fe is beautiful! Never been there in the winter, though.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Sounds like you had a great time, saef. Santa Fe is such a fun town.

When I lived in Oregon, I would visit my son in Boise. I was used to running 3 miles, but could barely make one. I couldn't figure it out until I remembered that Boise is 3000 feet higher than sea level Oregon, and even 3000 ft. makes a difference. When we moved to 5000 ft Colorado, it took me a week of headaches and slowly climbing stairs to adjust.

CherryPie, congrats on the new car! I'm going to have to google Edge to see what it looks like.

Michele, do you take calcium supplements? That can lower iron levels and prevent you from donating. I used to have to quit taking calcium for a week so that my iron levels would be up enough to donate--got that advice from the Red Cross nurse. Got tired of doing that (and feeling so weak after donating because the iron levels were barely acceptable) that I just stopped.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila53 View Post

Michele, do you take calcium supplements? That can lower iron levels and prevent you from donating. I used to have to quit taking calcium for a week so that my iron levels would be up enough to donate--got that advice from the Red Cross nurse. Got tired of doing that (and feeling so weak after donating because the iron levels were barely acceptable) that I just stopped.
Really?! I had no idea. Yes, I take calcium as I have osteopenia and my mother had severe osteoporosis. Hmmmm..... guess I could not take them for a few days and eat a little meat and see if that helps. I'm always borderline and my doctor doesn't like it, but she has never once mentioned the calcium. Interesting....
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Jen, I did google the Ford Edge, a beautiful car. I just love that new car smell.

Last edited by bargoo; 02-19-2013 at 10:32 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote